Grape Seed oil Treatment

charmtreese

Is anyone else using grape seed oil?

I did a grape seed oil treatment last night and my hair came out great!!! Im 6 weeks and some days post, and the comb just glided right through my hair when I detangled and rollerset.

I used the grape seed oil as a pre-poo, then did my normal wash routine. I heated up the grape seed oil in boiling water until it was warm and applied it to my dry hair, then I co-washed and deep conditioned. I have pre-pooed with other oils but never had hair this soft and managable!!! Does anyone else use grap seed oil?

MissMusic

I know most ladies on here use coconut oil, castor oil, and EVOO; but I stand by Grapeseed and Jojoba Oil! They work wonders for hair, I use grapeseed in an EO mix and after washing my hair and applying leave-in every 5 days.

wheezy807

Funny you mentioned that. I was just in walmart last night actually looking for acv and i ran across 100% pure grapeseed oil. I was thinking the next time i come back to grab it.

charmtreese

I know most ladies on here use coconut oil, castor oil, and EVOO; but I stand by Grapeseed and Jojoba Oil! They work wonders for hair, I use grapeseed in an EO mix and after washing my hair and applying leave-in every 5 days.

I love jojoba as well. coconut & evoo do nothing for my hair.

Cleve_gryl

:scratchch I have a bottle of grapeseed oil that I bought years ago for cooking. I've never tried it on my hair...might have to add it to some conditioner this week.

pazyamor

Girl, I loves me some grape seel oil...it's rich, sweet-smelling, and it works miracles. But I never thought of heating it up, hmm...have to try that.

LaPaciencia

I've been using it for a few months on my skin but now I'll try it on my hair. What brand and type are you using? Is it cold pressed? Thanks in advance!:drunk:

silkii_locks

I have a bottle of 100% pure grapeseed oil. I use it to seal moisturizer, but never used it as a pre-poo, will have to try.

Empress Yahudah

I love grape seed oil its one of my fav oils that doesnt weight the hair down. I mix it with some of my other favorite oils for sealing.

silkii_locks

I love grape seed oil its one of my fav oils that doesnt weight the hair down. I mix it with some of my other favorite oils for sealing.

MissMadaam, I checked out your fotki, your hair is just gorgeous, you made such wonderful progress. Who are your peeps, we look like we could be related!!!:ha:

It~Can~Grow

Was it in the vitamin aisle and what size/cost? I ask because the 8 oz at gnc is $9, so if I'm gonna use as a pre-poo I'm going to use a lot so I'd like find it cheaper in larger quantities if I can :grin:

Funny you mentioned that. I was just in walmart last night actually looking for acv and i ran across 100% pure grapeseed oil. I was thinking the next time i come back to grab it.

silkii_locks

Was it in the vitamin aisle and what size/cost? I ask because the 8 oz at gnc is $9, so if I'm gonna use as a pre-poo I'm going to use a lot so I'd like find it cheaper in larger quantities if I can :grin:
I got mine from the section where they sell all the other oils in a supermarket called Alberton's, in Tallahassee, Fl. Mine is an 8 oz bottle as well and if I'm not mistaken I think it may have been about $7 or $8. But I will say a little goes a long way.

wheezy807

No it wasn't by the vitamins, by the cooking oils and stuff. I don't remember what the size/cost was.

youwillrise

is this a light oil?

my hair doesnt seem to be a fan of oils
and if it does like an oil...it only likes it for a minute?

i was thinking of trying grapeseed oil anyways

i definitely want something to help me keep my moisture in longer.

JerriBlank

I've been looking into trying this.
I'm gonna go ahead and take the plunge:yep:
Thanks for posting!
So you ladies say you founf it in wal-mart?
Anyone found it anywhere else just in case they don't have it?

WomanlyCharm

I love grapeseed oil...I use it on my hair and my face, it's done wonders for both. Jojoba too.

I like grapeseed oil because it's so light...and coconut oil did nothing for me at all!

I buy mine at whole foods, they have it in smaller jars by the avocado oil, shea butter and other natural oils.

krissynick

hmm ive always like grapeseed oil because of the smell. i also brought it cause of the detangling properties i heard about.. but i get that small 99 cent tube from the 99 cents store... i need to get a big bottle anyone know where i can find it.

DivaRox

Well, well, well. The pj is me has finally come in handy. I bought this stuff and never used it. I'm going to use on my face first because the moisture balance is so tedious to maintain normally but is a pain in the winter. And since I just happen to be prepooing, I'll go ahead and slap some of that on my hair too.:grin: