Black Seed Oil

candycane

Anybody ever heard of it. This weekend I went to a health food store to replenish my supplies of oil and they had an oil blend that contained Shea butter, Black seed oil, Lemon Oil and Lavendar. I bought it because it smelled heavenly. When I asked the lady at the store about black seed oil she just went on and on to tell me how wonderful oil was for internal use as well as external use. So I went online to find some stuff about black seed oil and this is an excerp of what I have found.

What is Black Seed Oil and how do I use it?
Black Seed Oil (Nigella sativa) is native to western Asia and the Mediterranean region of the Middle East. It is cultivated for its seeds, which are known as the "seeds of blessings." It has been used as a health and beauty aid for thousands of years. According to tradition, the Prophet Mohammad described black seed as a cure for every disease except death! That might be a bit overstated...:) But there are many uses important for hair and skin.
Black Seed Oil is used to beautify skin, nourish hair, and stimulate hair growth. For healthy hair, mix a little black seed oil with your henna powder, shampoo or directly to your hair as a conditioner. For beautiful healthy skin, apply Black Seed Oil to wet skin. Cover with a warm moist cloth and it with the warmth of the sun on your face for about 20 minutes. Wash this off. Repeat a couple times a week to help reduce wrinkles, fine lines, or just to keep your skin youthful. For thinning hair and hair loss, apply Black Seed Oil to clean scalp. Repeat this once a week.

Anybody who has had any experiences with this oil, please feel free to share. Thanks

Candycane

HollyGolightly

i usta take this for my skin. it really does work wonders. i know for me at least, my skin would first start to glow after about 3 days of taking it. also, i'd get no breakouts and my dark spots would clear up when taking black seed oil.

candycane

From what I have been reading on the net, this is truly an AMAZING oil internally and externally. The quote that keeps coming up when talking about this oil is that it "cures everything except death". Not sure if that is true. But I think I may buy some of this oil in capsule form to take internally. I take about 20 pills a day. One more certainly won't kill me. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

candycane

lunalight7

Keisha...did you take a supplement? If so, how much...what brand..? Or did you use it externally? Do tell girl...Im on a quest for beautiful skin....

lovechic

I HAVE THE BLACKSEED POMADE!!!! IT'S WONDERFUL!!! IT DOES NOT CONTAIN MINERAL OIL OR PETROLEUM, YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!! /images/graemlins/smile.gif FOR ALL Y'ALL THAT STILL LIKE TO USE POMADES (OR GREASE) THIS ONE IS A KEEPER!!! /images/graemlins/clap.gif

Erica78

Coils coils & more coils!
I have the Black Seed pomade too. /images/graemlins/up.gif I first started using it last Winter. I put it up for sale earlier in the day...hmmm...maybe I should keep it. /images/graemlins/wink.gif My hair milk took the place of it. I was using the Black Seed Pomade as a moisturizer for my ends. I like it...I just don't care for the scent. I was thinking about just using the natural oil in its place.

lovechic

THE BLACKSEED POMADE IS LIGHT AND NOURISHING...BUT NO POMADE CAN COME CLOSE TO MY 100% COCONOUT POMADE!!! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

lunalight7

Just wanted to let you know that I received my order from blackseedoil.com today. I ordered by phone on Wednesday. I got the gelcaps and a bottle of oil for use on my hair. The oil has a light chemically smell to it but it faded on my skin pretty quickly. I'll post results soon.

HollyGolightly

[ QUOTE ]
lunalight7 said:
Keisha...did you take a supplement? If so, how much...what brand..? Or did you use it externally? Do tell girl...Im on a quest for beautiful skin....

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't remember what brand I took. I think it was from GNC. And I take the capsules.

OMG, y'all this stuff is the best. /images/graemlins/smile.gif I need to start taking it again because the biotin is making my skin go crazy

candycane

Keisha

How long have you been taking it? What was your reason for starting to take it? Did you find the results to be better that biotin? What other results did you obtain (healthwise)?

TIA

Candycane

ETA--I just re-read one of your responses to this post and noticed that you were taking it primarily for your skin. However I am still curious as to what other benefits you noticed. Thank you.

candycane

So I bought myself a bottle of the pure black seed oil and let me tell you that scent is strong. Actually it smells a lot like tea tree oil. I am going to use it on my scalp as a pre-wash treatment and also use it on my skin as a "mask" then wash off. The scent is too strong to keep on my scalp or my face. If I did, I would stand a very strong chance of loosing my man! /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

candycane

HollyGolightly

[ QUOTE ]
candycane said:
How long have you been taking it? What was your reason for starting to take it? Did you find the results to be better that biotin? What other results did you obtain (healthwise)?

TIA

Candycane

[/ QUOTE ]

i started taking it my senior year of high school, when my boyfriend's mom recommended it. she was really into herbs and natural healthcare. i take black current oil on and off. i usually stop taking it when i run out, and am too cheap to restock. but as soon as my skin starts acting up, i start taking it again.

i haven't noticed any health benefits from takin it tho. just that my skin glows

oglorious1

Mixologist
I just received my order today, and just ordered on Monday, talk about fast shipping for an online order....and the hair pomade smells ooooh soooo Heavenly..... /images/graemlins/rofl.gif

[ QUOTE ]
oglorious1 said:
I bought 2 bottles and 2 jars of this stuff last night...Let's see if it works, once I get it...

[/ QUOTE ]

candycane

[ QUOTE ]
oglorious1 said:
I just received my order today, and just ordered on Monday, talk about fast shipping for an online order....and the hair pomade smells ooooh soooo Heavenly..... /images/graemlins/rofl.gif

[ QUOTE ]
oglorious1 said:
I bought 2 bottles and 2 jars of this stuff last night...Let's see if it works, once I get it...

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

oglorious1,

What does that oil blend contain. I have the pure oil and it smells very much like tea tree oil. However I have a blend that contains shea butter, black see oil, aloe vera and lemon and lavendar oils and it smells really good. So I was just curious what you have in your hands right now.

candycane

oglorious1

Mixologist
candycane the capsules are pure black seed oil and the hair pomade has the following: hydrogenated vegetable oil, cocoa butter, soybean oil, wax, castor oil black seed il, fragrance, vitamin e acetate, propyl paraben and BHT???what's that???

Update...THIS STUFF IS THE BOMB!!!
I only have to take one capsule a day, and my skin is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO SOFT, it was almost to soft, that the oil cause a pimple or two(I'm PMSing at the same time), but I know how to take care of that, I haven't used the hair pomade as of yet, but YA'LL GOTTA GET THIS STUFF...so now I've found a new replacement in my vitamin regiman, I only have to take one capsule of Black Seed Oil once a day instead of taking 1 capsule of Flax Seed Oil twice a day...