Blow Dryer Directions

dicapr

I finally read the directions on a new blow dryer that I bought. I always hated the amount of hair lost when I use a blowdryer, but sometimes I just don't have the time to air dry. I am also almost 7 months post and wanted to wear my hair straight for the week and thought that blowdrying before flat ironing would be helpful. I read the directions and realized that I had been blow drying wrong all along. The directions suggested that chemically treated hair not be blow dried on high. It said that it should be blowdried on medium/low settings. It also stated that the large comb should be used first when blowdrying and then switched to a smaller comb. Using the directions I got no breakage when I blowdried! :) So maybe the blowdryer wasn't causing the breakage all those years. It probably was the fact that I would use the highest heat setting possible, throw the smallest comb on the blowdryer and rake it threw my hair. I still won't be blowdrying regularly, but now I can do it without breakage.

navsegda

dicapr said:
I finally read the directions on a new blow dryer that I bought. I always hated the amount of hair lost when I use a blowdryer, but sometimes I just don't have the time to air dry. I am also almost 7 months post and wanted to wear my hair straight for the week and thought that blowdrying before flat ironing would be helpful. I read the directions and realized that I had been blow drying wrong all along. The directions suggested that chemically treated hair not be blow dried on high. It said that it should be blowdried on medium/low settings. It also stated that the large comb should be used first when blowdrying and then switched to a smaller comb. Using the directions I got no breakage when I blowdried! :) So maybe the blowdryer wasn't causing the breakage all those years. It probably was the fact that I would use the highest heat setting possible, throw the smallest comb on the blowdryer and rake it threw my hair. I still won't be blowdrying regularly, but now I can do it without breakage.

Pretty much. I'm proud of your success. :) A lot of people blame the tools for damage when they (the human beings) are the ones causing the problems. The tools only do what we make them do.

Mars_Reiko

navsegda said:
Pretty much. I'm proud of your success. :) A lot of people blame the tools for damage when they (the human beings) are the ones causing the problems. The tools only do what we make them do.

I agree. I use my blow dryer 2x a month. I have yet to experience any breakage. I don't use it on high because it's too hot and too powerful. IMO when using any type of hair treatment following the instructions along with common sense is the key to minimizing or eliminating hair damage.