I WANNA BLOWDRY!! It there a healthy-hair way to do it?

Do you use a blow dryer with a comb attachment?

• Yes, all of the time/most of the time.

Votes: 17 27.0%
  • Yes, but very rarely.

Votes: 25 39.7%
  • No, never.

Votes: 21 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

fluffylocks

Does blowdrying on the cold setting make a difference? Is it the blowdryer itself that causes damage or the heat setting? I've always wondered this. Someone help me.

Thats a good question. I read that the air force can damage your hair, but thats why people point it down to prevent that....So I guess just the heat? So the cold air would be much better? Hope someone knows for sure.

chicacanella

i have omitted blow drying...my hair HATES it and has set me back 1 million steps....i air dry and flat iron and my hair is very silky and straight!

My hair hates blow drying too. When I was little and fully natural it didn't but now that I am telaxed, it does. *shrugs* BUT, it could be cause' I don't deep condition as much as I should and I would religiously have my hair done every two weeks when I was a kid...meaning deep conditioning.

My hair doesn't like pressing either.
Does blowdrying on the cold setting make a difference? Is it the blowdryer itself that causes damage or the heat setting? I've always wondered this. Someone help me.

I think that the comb attachment can cause' split ends cause of the pulling through to the ends of the hair.

The direct heat is obviously damaging but I don't think cold would do much damage.

Libra08

I blow dry my hair only on the cool setting, and I like it better than when I use medium or high. It's more moisturized, and I get silkier results. When I use the medium or high setting my hair always ends up dry. I don't use the comb attachment. I use my Denman brush and it works perfectly! I can get my hair really straight, and I'm natural!

Artemis

Don't do the comb attachment! Use the concentrator nozzle and your fingers or a wide-tooth comb on a low to medium heat. The concentrator nozzle is really important. A serum on damp hair can prevent damage and frizzies.

Faith

My dryer has 2 speed setting (low, high) and 3 heat settings (hot, warm, cool). I'm thinking blowdrying with a comb/brush on a high speed and a cool setting should work too, no?

TCatt86

Pinkskates method really does work. I tried it this weekend and it worked and I wasn't ripping my hair out.

Libra08

My dryer has 2 speed setting (low, high) and 3 heat settings (hot, warm, cool). I'm thinking blowdrying with a comb/brush on a high speed and a cool setting should work too, no?

It should work. I use my blowdryer on the high speed setting and cool heat setting. I just use my denman to do the pinkskates method. I create tension with the denman and hold the blow dryer down because i've read that's healthier for the hair. I used to just use my hands like pinkskates does but my hands started to hurt really bad for some reason and I would end up with cramps. But I prefer the Denman anyway because I can get my hair straigther and the results are a lot silkier.