Blowdryer users - How often do you use it and what's your favorite appliance?

HoneyDew

I am asking because I broke down and used a blowdryer last night after 6 months or airdrying only. :fallenang

I bought the Rusk Hyper Ionic Professional Ceramic Dryer from Beauty First about a month ago because it was on clearance for $39.99 :eek: (Retails for $160 yall)

I used it for the 1st time last night. That thing is like a drug yall.

How often do you blowdry and what appliance do you use?

Royal Glory

I blow dry twice a week after I shampoo. I wait until after my hair is 80%ish dry from air drying or sitting under the hooded dryer first. Then I use a heat protectant and blow dry. I make sure to keep the dryer at arms' length and I try to alternate between hot and cool temps. I only dry it for about 5 minutes. I use the T3 Tourmaline Featherweight, a ceramic, ionic dryer.

*Frisky*

HoneyDew said:
I am asking because I broke down and used a blowdryer last night after 6 months or airdrying only. :fallenang

I bought the Rusk Hyper Ionic Professional Ceramic Dryer from Beauty First about a month ago because it was on clearance for $39.99 :eek: (Retails for $160 yall)

I used it for the 1st time last night. That thing is like a drug yall.

How often do you blowdry and what appliance do you use?

What happened to your Andis?

KhandiB

I hadnt blow dried in 5 months before I broke down a few weeks ago...

I use this ... Conair Ion Shine - It was ranked the best inexpensive hair dryer on the market

http://beauty.about.com/od/blowdryers/tp/blowdry.htm?terms=blow+dryer..

I Love this dryer :lol:

HoneyDew

marie170 said:
What happened to your Andis?

It is actually at my honey's place to prevent me from using it. So much for that.

Anyway, this one from Rusk puts that Andis to shame. It is lighter and the air is not so concentrated. I hope am explaining that right - the air does not feel HOT, you know. It is hard to explain.

I got it because it was in a cute train case with soem other Rusk tools, brushes etc.

I did not need this dryer, but I WANTED that train case! :D

HoneyDew

RoyalGlory and KhandiB,

Do you guys have to flat iron afterwards?

I have some spots that are straight and don't need flatironing, but then I have some areas that really do need it. I think that is from underprocessing in the past.

*Frisky*

HoneyDew said:
It is actually at my honey's place to prevent me from using it. So much for that.

Anyway, this one from Rusk puts that Andis to shame. It is lighter and the air is not so concentrated. I hope am explaining that right - the air does not feel HOT, you know. It is hard to explain.

I got it because it was in a cute train case with soem other Rusk tools, brushes etc.

Wow..thanks for sharing. Pretty soon blow drying will be as safe as hooded dryers:lol:

Royal Glory

HoneyDew said:
RoyalGlory and KhandiB,

I have some spots that are straight and don't need flatironing, but then I have some areas that really do need it. I think that is from underprocessing in the past.

Yes. Unfortunately, I use the curling iron afterwards. (Also a T3 Tourmaline, on a medium setting.) That's why I don't dry it super straight.

KhandiB

Have too, Im underprocessed..

HoneyDew said:
RoyalGlory and KhandiB,

HoneyDew

marie170 said:
Wow..thanks for sharing. Pretty soon blow drying will be as safe as hooded dryers:lol:

You know I have never really felt a blowdryer like this. I was reading the documentation from the box and it says that it does not create the "Hot Spots" that some dryers have. Iguess that is what I felt. It was just like my hair was blowing in a mild wind. But, I did have it on low.

I am mad that someone is selling this on Ebay for $160.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140049392938&category=11858
This is the same kit I got for $39.99

simone103

I use a blowdryer once a week after shampooing and conditioning. My blowdryer is a Hot Tools ion/ceramic digital dryer. After I put all of my leave-ins in my hair, I divide my hair into four sections and blowdry with warm air by each section. I don't flat iron or curl my hair afterwards. It's a really good blowdryer in that it's digital so you can control the tempurature of the dryer.

Allandra

After shampooing and conditioning, my stylist will sit me under the hooded dryer until my hair is just about dry. Then she'll use the blow dryer from that point (because she doesn't have to use it long - thank goodness). She doesn't use the blow dryer on my hair very often (about once every few months).

Last edited:

HoneyDew

simone103 said:
I use a blowdryer once a week after shampooing and conditioning. My blowdryer is a Hot Tools ion/ceramic digital dryer. After I put all of my leave-ins in my hair, I divide my hair into four sections and blowdry with warm air by each section. I don't flat iron or curl my hair afterwards. It's a really good blowdryer in that it's digital so you can control the tempurature of the dryer.

I wish that I did not have to flat-iron.

I have some sections of hair that blow dry straight and then others that look SO SO kinky still. I am scared to do a corrective relaxer by myself though, though.

You hair looks good, by the way!

Allandra

HoneyDew said:

So, you're a pj huh? Go one and admit it. :lol:

HoneyDew

Allandra said:
So, you're a pj huh? Go one and admit it. :lol:

I guess I am girl. I don't buy every shampoo, conditioner and moisturizer that is raved about like I used to, thank goodness. I have gotten burned so many times with products that don't work for me. I have been just giving stuff away!!

But, I have a problem - I admit it! I feel like stuff is going to be discontinued or that I am missing out on something. :perplexed

You should have seen my face when I walked out of Beauty First that day. :look: :look:

I went in for some clarifying shampoo and walked out with that plus a blowdryer! :look: Why did I even go over to the blowdryer section anyway! :lol: :lol:

But hey $39.99 down from $160 makes me feel better!! :D But, you know I called them today to ask if they had anymore. :sekret: :lol:

Allandra

HoneyDew said:
I guess I am girl. I don't buy every shampoo, conditioner and moisturizer that is raved about like I used to, thank goodness. I have gotten burned so many times with products that don't work for me. I have been just giving stuff away!!

But, I have a problem - I admit it! I feel like stuff is going to be discontinued or that I am missing out on something. :perplexed

You should have seen my face when I walked out of Beauty First that day. :look: :look:

I went in for some clarifying shampoo and walked out with that plus a blowdryer! :look: Why did I even go over to the blowdryer section anyway! :lol: :lol:

But hey $39.99 down from $160 makes me feel better!! :D But, you know I called them today to ask if they had anymore. :sekret: :lol:
At least you got a great deal. :up: :up:

Nella

Did they have anymore of the Rusk Hyper Ionic Professional Ceramic Dryer because, they only had a couple on eBay and they were overpriced for what you paid for your's....lol, now I want one for $39.99!

SoUKnoMe

Great deal, and a very pretty case. I think the case would have gotten me too... my fav color. Did they have more?

Ms Lala

HoneyDew said:

Ok I just noticed that you're in MD. I live in MD too, where is the store you bought the blowdryer from if you don't mind sharing?

HoneyDew

Nella and DivaNDistress I bought this iron a few weeks before I actually tried it. After I tried it I called the Beauty First and they said those things went out like hotcakes. I still went in to see if I could find another and they were GONE. It would have made a nice gift for someone. If only I had not waited to use it!

Ms Lala, I got it from the Beauty First in Columbia.

They had one on display went I went there on Saturday to see if they had anymore. Yall know I wanted to ask them if that one was for sale. I should have!!

navsegda

Well, I use it whenever I wash my hair (I'm going to start washing it twice a week again, so I guess I'll be blow drying twice a week, too). My favorite dryer is the BaByliss Thermal Ionic Hair Dryer (http://www.folica.com/BaByliss_Therma_d1175.html). One thing I really like about it is that it has a cold-shot button that you don't have to hold down to use.

Last edited:

HoneyDew

navsegda said:
Well, I use it whenever I wash my hair (I'm going to start washing it twice a week again, so I guess I'll be blow drying twice a week, too). My favorite dryer is the BaByliss Thermal Ionic Hair Dryer (http://www.folica.com/BaByliss_Therma_d1175.html). One thing I really like about it is that it has a cold-shot button that you don't have to hold down to use.

navsegda, I love your hair lady!! That looks like anice dryer. I realize that it is better to use the higher quality ones and to utilize the cold shot. My Rusk has one, as well. I use mine on low so it never really gets too hot, but I like that it has the cold shot just in case.

Wishin4BSL

I used a blowdryer a couple of weeks ago to straighten my roots and it REALLY thinned my ends. I vow NEVER to use one again!:D But if I had to choose one, I'd use the Ionic Shine one.

HoneyDew

Wishin4BSL said:
I used a blowdryer a couple of weeks ago to straighten my roots and it REALLY thinned my ends. I vow NEVER to use one again!:D But if I had to choose one, I'd use the Ionic Shine one.

Oh girl, I can't use it to straighten anything. My ends would get thin, as well. Did you use acomb attachment or brush or anything?

I had a setback this past spring because I was using the dryer to straighten. BAD IDEA. My hair got so thin on one side. Iam still trying to catchup from that. :(

I had used the blowdyer forever before that w/o aproblem, but I only blowdried lightly while finger combing with serum coating hands. I even used to use it on high heat :eek:

I'm too scared to do that now.

LadyJay114

i only use the blowdryer for the roots in the weeks before a touchup. my hair is too thick after a 5 week stretch to rollerset.

navsegda

HoneyDew said:
navsegda, I love your hair lady!! That looks like anice dryer. I realize that it is better to use the higher quality ones and to utilize the cold shot. My Rusk has one, as well. I use mine on low so it never really gets too hot, but I like that it has the cold shot just in case.

Thanks! :D Yeah, it also has a turbo button in addition to the high and low settings but I never use it because I don't want that much heat on my hair. The only thing I regret about it is that it didn't come with a brush or comb attachment, just a nozzle. I went out yesterday and got one of those Conair vent brushes that's supposed to be ideal to use with blow dryers. Hopefully it will be more useful than my wide-tooth comb I use.