How often do you use heat? (in any form)

Whimsy

only for dc's?
blowdry daily?
weekly rollerset?
etc...

1 - how often do you use heat?
2 - direct or indirect?
3 - how has your hair reacted?

(if ur currently in a no-heat challenge, please answer as u would have before the challenge)

Iansan

I use indirect heat daily via my diffuser on medium/high for about 10-15 mins. Direct heat from Dominican blowouts about every 6 weeks or so maximum.

TaraDyan

Natural again ... this time for good!
I use indirect heat once a week when I deep condition under the dryer and direct heat once a month when I get my hair flatironed.

NaturalJoy

I use indirect heat 1-2x's/week for deep conditioning and direct heat once every 3-4 months to straighten for trims.

frankie

I haven't used heat...direct or indirect...since March. Unless you count the blazin sun:perplexed

I'm not in any no heat challenges...I'm just lazy and I hate sitting under the dryer:nono: I usually deep condition for several hours and/or overnight, with a plastic cap either way.

foxieroxienyc

I'm relaxed and I use indirect heat by way of my hooded soft bonnet dryer maybe 2x/week during a DC, sometimes 1x a week which is what it's been lately since my hair is really moisturized and I co-wash.

I'll flatiron 1x a week (airdry to about 80&% dry then dry straight with the blowdryer on a low heat) OR I will just roller set and attempt to blow out the roots - never get that one right.

I will do Caruso Rollers (steam heat) in the mornings when my hair is straight - so that can be up to about 3x during the week. But it's not damaging heat and I'd lump it in the indirect heat category.

I've greatly reduced my direct heat usage to 1x a week and aiming now for every 2 weeks if possible (2x a month). I survive the rest of the week with twistouts/braidouts. I only really step up on direct heat on my roots when I'm deep in a stretch.

So the tally is:
Indirect: 4-5x/week (caruso/steam heat, DC, roller set) if my hair is straight
Direct: 1x/week to every 2 weeks

Last edited:

atlien11

i get my hair done every other week so twice a month. Ceramic blowdryer with ceramic flat iron :yep:

audacity.

I deep condition 1x per week with a heating cap and currently use direct heat (blowdryer/flat iron) 2-4 times per year.

I've used it twice this year and only plan to flat iron once more.

Christa438

I only use heat under a hooded dryer for dc's (during fall/winter.) Since it has gotten hotter, I stopped using the dryer and only use a plastic cap for about 1-2 hrs.
1 - how often do you use heat? 2 times a week
2 - direct or indirect? Indirect
3 - how has your hair reacted? My hair is becoming so healthy and growing better than it ever has.

simplycee

Sweetest Taboo
I use my hooded dryer to deep con once a week and rollerset 3 or 4 times a month. Since it has gotten warmer outside I don't rollerset but I do continue to deep con weekly.

MrsQueeny

I use my steamer every 2 weeks. Other than that, I only get my hair pressed and flat ironed every 6 months. Q

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
I use a hooded dryer twice a week to dc, then I use it twice a week to rollerset

I use a blowdryer and flatiron maybe every 3-4 months

My hair is doing great. Rollersetting has made a huge difference in my hair. When I rollerset, my hair stays hydrated for days without having to remoisturize. When I use my flatiron, it starts to feel dry after two days.

The health of my hair has changed drasically. It looks and feels like a whole other head of hair :yep:

anniev2

so if i'm reading the posts correctly, even indirect heat can be a bad thing if not used in moderation. I always thought that with a cap on that it was okay to sit under the dryer because it made the conditioner "work better". Is this true?

I use heat once or twice a week for dc. I only flat iron about once every 2-3 months

2 - direct or indirect?

indirect mostly and direct maybe once every few months

my hair is in MUCH better shape now that I don't use direct heat as often

Lucky's Mom

only for dc's?
blowdry daily?
weekly rollerset?
etc...

2 - direct or indirect?

(if ur currently in a no-heat challenge, please answer as u would have before the challenge)

only for dc's? - I deep condition with heat weekly... as the use of heat in this manner is good for your hair :yep:... prepoos and post poos..Occasionally my prepoo is overnight.
blowdry daily? - :look: The Blow dry comes out rarely...since I found out it does too much shocking fry damage to hair. I would rather band or blow on LOOOW.
weekly rollerset? :lick:Indirect heat is fine/ safe... I just did it this weekend to Flatten out my natural hair.
etc...

1 - how often do you use heat? every week..............indirectly....flat iron 2x a year....
2 - direct or indirect? - Indirect
3 - how has your hair reacted? Fabulously:yep::yep:

charmtreese

Once a week indirect heat via soft bonnet dryer for rollersets.

Once a week direct heat when Im about 2-3 months post relaxer I will flat iron my ng after rollersets.