Blowdrying question (natural hair)

preciouslove0x

I tried the search engine but it came back with suspect results.... I was wondering if anyone blowdrys their hair once a month that has natural hair and it reverts back fully. I've been natural for almost year and would like to try (but scared as heck). If you have a blog detailing your technique that would be great. Also, if I am looking for a quality blowdryer, what qualities should I be looking for?

One more question (sorry), does anyone recommend a brush or comb for very coarse/kinky natural hair to blowdry with? Or should I just use the comb attachment?

SUPER SWEET

I don't blog but yes my hair fully reverts and has not a bit of heat damage.
I really think 2 things:
1.keeping it super moist before heat
2.products....
conditioning products: 2min aproghee,molasses,honey,olive oil,3min aussie
heat products:greentea reconstructor,diamond drops heat protectant, Hollywood olive oil protectant

I use cheap 1875 andis blow dryer and a GVP iron on 410

ajargon02

LongLeggedLife

I blow dry every time I wash( 2wks)+Full reversion.
I almost always have for many years, so the sentiment that one cannot use heat on the hair when natural is something new that I've only seen on here---I mite have really durable hair lol--idk.

I use about 6 sections...run thru it with shower comb, then run thru it with a denman, then use blowdryer with comb attachment. (after using heat protectant blow dry lotion!)

The main things I look for in a blowdryer is wattage (1800+), different heat settings(cool-med-high), and adjustable air flow settings (low-high). Also, I'd look for ionic/ceramic...I can't scientifically tell you the diff, but anything that isnt ionic/ceramic, leaves my hair feeling rougher and less shiny.
Never used a brush attachment...and I dont really recommend "comb-style" dryers....professional dryers are almost always the "gun-barrel" style.

SOmebody recommended a universal comb attachment that looked really durable, but I cant think of which thread that was off-top..if I find it Ill edit!

preciouslove0x

Thank you ladies soooo much!! I'll post pics after I've done it (it'll be the week of my one year anniversary, second week of march)

Anymore suggestions would be highly appreciated!