Blowdrying with Cool Air

HollyGolightly

I was wondering what y'all think about blowdrying your hair with cool air? I got the idea the other day when I read somewhere that it was a good idea to dry your hair in front of a fan. I tried blowdrying my hair like that yesterday after I let it airdry for a while, and it worked pretty good. Do y'all think that it would be damaging to this regularly to my hair?

Jaelin

I have an ionic blowdryer that has a cool air setting. I don't really blow dry anymore but when I did, I used this setting and my hair felt like it had more moisture in it after I was done.

kitchen_tician

I blow dry with cool air or the slightly warm heat setting when I'm doing a wash n go. That way my hair isn't soaking wet. I've never tried it on my regular blowdries.

PretteePlease

#fakeworkouts
i blow dry my daughters hair on occasion with the cool setting. it comes out nice. i dont think it will damage hair like the hot setting. it shouldnt be any worse on your hair than regular wind. i still used heat protectant though.

Victorian

old head
I don't see any problem with it

SVT

[ QUOTE ]
Keisha_gurl said:
I was wondering what y'all think about blowdrying your hair with cool air? I got the idea the other day when I read somewhere that it was a good idea to dry your hair in front of a fan. I tried blowdrying my hair like that yesterday after I let it airdry for a while, and it worked pretty good. Do y'all think that it would be damaging to this regularly to my hair?

[/ QUOTE ]

I only use the cold setting.

I also used to have a small fan blowing on me as I flatironed my hair. The cold air immediatley hitting the heated strand made my straight styles sleeker. I've been meaning to buy another personal fan. My old one broke.

candibaby

that's what i'm about to start doing.
the only time i can really airdry is when i'm WAAAAAY past a relaxer (like now) because then no matter if i airdry or blowdry, it will still be puffy.