Bone-Straight Relaxed Heads - ??

inthepink

Are there any bone straight relaxed head out there? I am transitioning out of a bone straight relaxer (boy, I wish I knew that's what I had back when I was getting it done!). My question is this: How do you do a wash and go when you have bone straight hair?

EXSQUISIT

Hairlove,

I will be testing this theory on Tuesday when I wash my hair. I'm thinking that what Tracy said will do the job because my hair waves up a great deal when wet if I don't wrap it around like Army Qt suggested. While wet is your hair still very straight?

inthepink

Yes, my relaxed hair is straight...even when wet.
During the first 10 years of being relaxed, it would wave up when wet - at some point, my hair started getting bone straight and had no clue!

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
[ QUOTE ]
hairlove said:
My question is this: How do you do a wash and go when you have bone straight hair?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm wondering the same thing...
I tried doing it but it didn't work out for me. How do u keep your hair from getting your clothes wet or something?

dannie

My hair isn't relaxed bone straight, but after pressing it (the few times I do) it's turned itself pretty straight. I wash and go, but I always put my hair up in a bun so the ends don't show and no one can see how straight they are. I'm sitting under the dryer right now deep conditioning. I'm gonna rinse it out and put in a ponytail, and braid out the loose part. I'm hoping this will give a texturized look. If it turns out good, I'll consider turning this into a everyday style. I know how you feel hairlove. Wash and go with bone straight hair isn't very cute.

inthepink

[ QUOTE ]
dannie_19 said:
My hair isn't relaxed bone straight, but after pressing it (the few times I do) it's turned itself pretty straight. I wash and go, but I always put my hair up in a bun so the ends don't show and no one can see how straight they are. I'm sitting under the dryer right now deep conditioning. I'm gonna rinse it out and put in a ponytail, and braid out the loose part. I'm hoping this will give a texturized look. If it turns out good, I'll consider turning this into a everyday style. I know how you feel hairlove. Wash and go with bone straight hair isn't very cute.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, it's not cute at all. I once tried scrunching but only my ponytail b/c my new hair is so much more curly than my relaxed hair could ever be. Anyhow, that was mostly a disaster b/c it took so much scrunching to create the lightest wave and then was so tangly afterwards. This makes my transitioning so much harder. Boy do I wish to be able to wash and go right now so I wouldn't have to obsess over my hair all the time!

silvergirl

Ive always relaxed my hair as striaght as it would go. (my hair is super striaght in the shower) after i finish coniditioning my hair i add a leave in condiontioner an use a shower comb once through. At this point my hair is drippin wet an still straight.

Im not sure if this works on everyones hair but if i leave my hair drippin wet an allowed to dry on its own without touching it (about 7 hours) till fully dry. my hair will begin to wave up on its own. the result looks like a braidout.

inthepink

Silvergirl,

My hair is exactly like that. In the shower, my hair is super straight! Once out of the shower and combing through leave-in - still pretty straight. I have never allowed it to dry on its own thoroughly without touchig it. I think I am too afraid of the results!

Congrats on your 1 year transitioning anniversary!