Bouncing back from protein overload

ceebee3

So I'm trying to restore my moisture balance after abusing too much protein but it's still breaking. My hair loves protein but I took it too far.

I know that I need to get my moisture level back up but I'm just curious to know what you ladies have done.

We have so many quick fixes for moisture overload and I haven't seen anything that would stop breakage from protein overload.

Any tips?

Thanks!

nymane

I've never had protein overload but the first thing that comes to my mind is over night moisture DC + and lots of baggying

yodie

My strands were such a mess that I couldn't bounce back. They were split all throughout the strand. I had to cut. If your strands aren't plit, then try steam treatments.

LaidBak

I've had protein overload many times. The only thing that brought me back was 'extreme DCing'. A good moisture only DC with lots of EVOO mixed in. Always with heat and left on for 45mins to an hour. I did this every three days until my hair was back to normal-- 2 to 3 weeks. I also moisturized and sealed with coconut oil each night. Have patience. It takes a while to undo the damage.
Good luck!

sqzbly1908

I would do a AO HSR on dry hair overnight...rinse in the morning follow up with Kenra MC every other day....