Boycotting Ray's Beauty Supply

Pumpkin

Boycotting Ray\'s Beauty Supply

As of now I am no longer a patron of Ray's Beauty Supply store in midtown Manhattan.

Yesterday I purchased a starter Nioxin kit for $29.99. I realized I really wanted to Follice Booster so I wanted to make an exchange because the receipt says "NO CASH REFUND" I just wanted to make an exchange. Well I call in and the man says I cannot return Nioxin because there is no protective seal on Nioxin products
I explained to him that I was there less than 24 hours ago and paid with a credit card. Needless to say they were not hearing it. Nowhere does it say a product is not eligible for exchange if it does not come with a protective seal!

So I guess Ray's is not a costumer friendly store and I will be taking my business elsewhere. Who knows if their "exclusively sold at salon products" are legit.

I can't find a good stylist and now I can't even find decent stores to buy decent products.

So ladies beware of Ray's.

Kitkat

Re: Boycotting Ray\'s Beauty Supply

Pumpkin, sorry to hear that. Your story doesn't surprise me. They can be kinda funky there sometimes. Hey, have you ever checked out Optima? They're the bomb - they're huge, friendly and they have tons of stuff! I don't know if the Wall Street area is convenient for you, but if so you've got to check them out. They're on John Street between Broadway and Nassau. Take any train to Fulton Street. If you take the 4/5 and exit using the Dey Street exit, just cross Broadway and you're right on John.

JenJen2721

Re: Boycotting Ray\'s Beauty Supply

Threaten to dispute the charges with your credit card company. Follow thru on your threat if he still doesn't let you exchange it.