Braid out help!!!

LovelyBrownSkin93

I have APL 3c4a hair and i always have terrible results with braid outs :sad:. I mean ive tried it on wet hair, air dried hair, even semi-straightened hair and nothing is working :wallbash:!! Im getting kinda sick of wet buns, and when i wash and go alot i tend to get some single strand knots =/.

I like more of the refined look to my hair and i just cant seem to get it so i would love product and technique suggestions!

Hysi

Try twis, so give twist outs a try and see if that workt outs. For some reason braid outs or twist outs looking good depends on your hair. For me, twist outs are not the bidnezz, but braid outs works, still a refined look. HTH! Goody luck.

WriteCurl

I agree with Hysi. I get very different results when I do braid outs vs twist outs. You might prefer the wave pattern your hair gives you from a twist out. What don't you like about your braid out? I remember that it took me awhile to figure out how to get my ends to look right. Do you use rollers or something at the ends? Do you braid your hair the way you want it to lay when you take the braids out? Are you using moisturizing and/or curl defining product(s) on each piece as you braid? Oh, and you let it dry all the way, right?

LovelyBrownSkin93

Well my problem is im not really into "big" hair and i like a more refined curl/wave to my braidouts/twistouts .. another thing is i really dont know a good product to use .. i usually use Cantu leave in, liquid beeswax, or a little eco styler gel. I usually do 8 braids and I let it dry all the way but it seems to puff or just look a hot mess :nono:. And yes, i braid in the direction i want it to lay and braid all the way to the ends. I have used rollers and it helped with the ends but it was still very undefined looking :wallbash:. I might try tonight and post pics tomorrow ..

RoundEyedGirl504

I don't do braid outs, but on my twistouts I like to blow dry my hair first and I never use a "gel" type product because for some reason it ends up frizzy, I like the cantu leave in and the Shea Moisture curl enhancing smoothie, it gives it moisturized definition without the crunch and frizz of gel.

LovelyBrownSkin93

Thanks ladies, i think ill try a twistout tonight .. i have cantu and a water and coconut oil mix?? Maybe?? lol will post pics tomorrow!