Braid outs not drying.......What to do???

Brooklyn72

Ok so I have tried a few braid outs and bantu knots when my hair is damp. I sleep in them and my hair is still wet in the morning. I think I have read somewhere in here that if your hair doesn't dry there is an issue, I just can't remember what.
Anywho..I tried again last night at 6pm, when I took my braids out at 9am still wet.:wallbash:

What do I need to do........with out sitting under the dryer.

hopeful

My braids take forever to dry even when I sit under the dryer. I think it's more of a problem if your hair dries too quickly but I could be wrong. I always thought hair staying wet longer meant it was able to hold moisture which I thought was a good thing. If I want to wear a braid-out I have to wait about 48 hours for it to completely dry or I have to sit under the dryer for at least an hour.

Brooklyn72

My braids take forever to dry even when I sit under the dryer. I think it's more of a problem if your hair dries too quickly but I could be wrong. I always thought hair staying wet longer meant it was able to hold moisture which I thought was a good thing. If I want to wear a braid-out I have to wait about 48 hours for it to completely dry or I have to sit under the dryer for at least an hour.

I couldn't remember if it was good or not.:spinning: I didn't want to have to sit under the dryer but I just might have to.:wallbash:

JustKiya

How wet is your hair when you are braiding it? One trick that I do to get my hair to dry faster - I start in twists, and let my hair dry in them until they are about halfway or a little more dry, which takes under an hour. Then, I take them down, comb through lightly, and braid. They dry relatively fast that way - 6 hours or so, rather than the 24 hours it would take to dry completely if I braided my hair wet.
Also, since I'm braiding partially wet hair, I still get the 'crimps' and waves in my hair.

Je Ne Sais Quoi

How wet is your hair when you are braiding it? One trick that I do to get my hair to dry faster - I start in twists, and let my hair dry in them until they are about halfway or a little more dry, which takes under an hour. Then, I take them down, comb through lightly, and braid. They dry relatively fast that way - 6 hours or so, rather than the 24 hours it would take to dry completely if I braided my hair wet.
Also, since I'm braiding partially wet hair, I still get the 'crimps' and waves in my hair.
Exactamundo :yep:

wheezy807

Not necessarily Brooklyn. But i know what your taking about, something with porous or porousity (or whatever, lol). Because i can shampoo my hair early in the morning, wet bun and go to work and 11pm when i get off my hair is still damp. Best bet is to do a search. But yeah i agree with the ladies, sit under a dryer.

Brooklyn72

I have done both super wet and partially dry. Im going to try your method and see how it works. Thanks for the idea.:grin: