Cantu knots,braid outs and twist outs better on dry hair?

Qualitee

I keep on hearing its better to do cantu knots,braid outs and twist outs on dry hair. You'll get a better result with it. I did cantu knots on wet hair and:nono: it was still wet the next morning. Thoughts?

4evershika

I usually like to do twist-outs on dry hair but bantu knot outs always work better for me on damp hair... like 85% dry... I've done them on dry hair and maybe it's my imagination but they don't last as long as on damp hair.

I've heard about them not drying when done on wet hair so I've never tried it.

Taleah2009

If I do bantu knot out on wet hair, I have to atleast 24 hours of drying time or else it wont dry. I am transitioning and my hair permed hair takes forever to dry, but ng, not so much

shasha8685

I like doing my bantu knot outs on dry hair. I think they come out better when I do them on dry hair :yep:

darlingdiva

I have never done bantu knots. I do twistouts on wet and dry hair, but I only do braidouts on dry hair (to show length).

tricie

I would say bantu knots come out better for me on damp, not wet, hair. If my hair is wet, they come out waaayyy too tight.

Dee_33

Live, Laugh, Love
I do my twist-outs on dry hair, then I spritz with a combo of conditioner and water. I spritz just enough to get my hair damp not soaking wet. I tie my scarf on and it's always dry in the morning.