Braid ? Regarding Human Hair - Please Help!

hairless29

Hi Ladies...I know there is a braid challenge going on by LeeJure and I plan to join the challenge, but in reading the post regarding shampooing/conditioning the braids, i noticed that everyone is using synthetic hair..I want to use human hair and STILL follow the same shampoo/condition routine.. is anyone using human hair and doing daily washes without having the braid slip out? If so, whats your method?

I know i could have put this in leejure's post, but there are so many other posts and i didnt want this to get lost THANKS for your help!

AJamericanDiva

Girl, I've never had my hair braided with human hair as a lot of people tell me they slip out easily when being washed so I don't have an answer for you. Hopefully someone will!!!

mermaid

I only use human hair when I have braids, and for SURE the more you wash, the more you slip! If you are patient, and do your braids yourself and don't mind having to constantly touch them up, go for it. For me, the whole purpose of having braids was to NOT mess with my hair all the time, so this wouldn't work for me!

hairless29

Thanks for the tip and as tempting as it might be, i think i'm gonna go with the synthetic (so long as it looks as close to human as possible)..LOL!!

hairless29

thanks for this thread, this has been a big help too!

sweetpea5000

I want to find out more about where to get the silk fibers hair....I think it's synthetic but I was looking at JenniferMD's pics and it looks more human like than kanekalon. I loved using human hair but since I started taking care of my hair, I knew that it just wouldn't be able to withstand all that washing with falling out.