Braiding Wet Hair

krissynick

Does anyone do their braid outs with wet hair? Today I washed my hair and had my mother braid it into four braids goign back.. however it seem like its got so tangled even after I tangled.. do u think it would be better for me to blow dry then braid. I braided wet cause thought i thought it would dry straighter if i braided it wet.. let me know guys okay?

NaturalJoy

I usually do mine wet out of convenience. I found have that I get more shrinkage that way but they last longer and I use absolutely no heat. I generally put my hair in big plaids when I go to sleep so it doesn't get flat, I fluff it out in the morning and am able regain more of the length. I guess its really a toss up. I suggest you try it to see if you like it. If not then go back to your normal method. :yep:

glamazon386

I only braid or twist wet hair. That's the only way it'll take on the shape of the braid or twist. You should be fine.

krissynick

thanks but doesnt ur hair get tangles alot when wet.. thank god my mom helped me cause it would be horrible if i did it

glamazon386

thanks but doesnt ur hair get tangles alot when wet.. thank god my mom helped me cause it would be horrible if i did it

No... I rarely get tangles. Now that I think about it, when I was relaxed I got twistouts at the salon and she did it on wet hair with setting lotion. You just have to make sure you detangle your hair first before you start twisting or braiding.

Isis

I've only done braidouts after airdrying my hair in a rollerset. The waves are nice and loose like I like them :)

MiWay

I usually try to let my hair dry about 75% and then put a good moisturizer or Noodlehead on it. The problem I have with braiding my hair while wet is that when I take it out, my hair is very tangled which makes it hard to style it so it looks decent. I really think it's trial and error. My hair just acts better when it's mostly dry before I start.

LovelyRo

I allow my hair to partially air dry loose and then I braid it. This guarantees that my hair will be dry in the morning.