BRAINWASHED!!!

I dont trust tyra show... seem too much like propaganda
im just sayin...

I kinda thought the same thing! When I was 5-8 me or my friends didnt give a d*mn about hair, it was not that serious to us. Tyra always finds the weirdest people to be on her shows! Where she get these people from:lachen:And I completly agree that the ignorance starts at home

Last edited:
If there's anything to be upset about, it's the hairdresser at the beginning who said that bad hair is hair with split/damaged ends. :lol: You know that's at least half of LHCF! :lachen: We don't believe in trims! We believe in holding on to the length until it grows past a length we can live with! :lachen:

Why is everyone hating on the Tyra show. People actually believe that black nappy hair is bad hair and they teach that to their children. I hear it and see it ALL the time in the black community. Not all blacks believe this craziness, but unfortunately ALOT do.
:yep::yep::yep: People like to act brand new and attack the delivery. It's called a filter. Filter the foolishness and get to the meat. Complaining about the delivery and tyra's weave does nothing to solve the problem.

Why is everyone hating on the Tyra show. People actually believe that black nappy hair is bad hair and they teach that to their children. I hear it and see it ALL the time in the black community. Not all blacks believe this craziness, but unfortunately ALOT do.

I agree. Which is why I don't really see the point in doing shows that highlight the issue and do nothing to fix the problem. I mean what is she doing? Trying to make people aware that lots of PoC hate being PoC? People been knew this! The dialogue on her the shows (that I've seen anyway) don't include real discussions about the issues and possible solutions. It's just "yup, I hate X about being black :grin:" now let's talk more about how I, and other black people, hate being black. That's it. That's pointless! IMO.

Now if she does do things to help the viewers/help the black community see the light (even if a little), then nevermind, and I stand corrected. But I've never seen this happen on her show.

There is thread on page 1 right now...talking about some little black girl who hates her nappy hair and wants hair like the little white girl next door.

At least Tyra is talking about the problem...isn't that step one, admitting there is a problem?

Her delivery of the topic might have been a little weak, but she did put it in a way in which I got the message that Thinking black kinky hair is bad hair is wrong, but yes, she didnt dwell too much on a solution.

This is why I stopped watching that mess. People have been bringing up subjects like that since Phil Donahue was on TV. These days it would be refreshing to see people address solutions and provide good information on how to solve the problem instead of just drumming up drama and sensationalism.

I agree. Which is why I don't really see the point in doing shows that highlight the issue and do nothing to fix the problem. I mean what is she doing? Trying to make people aware that lots of PoC hate being PoC? People been knew this! The dialogue on her the shows (that I've seen anyway) don't include real discussions about the issues and possible solutions. It's just "yup, I hate X about being black :grin:" now let's talk more about how I, and other black people, hate being black. That's it. That's pointless! IMO.

Now if she does do things to help the viewers/help the black community see the light (even if a little), then nevermind, and I stand corrected. But I've never seen this happen on her show.

I totally agree with you!!

Back