Brastrap in 2007 Challenge!!!

September is almost here...I can hardly wait for the retouch. I've been stretching my hair down my back after every wash. It's looking good. I need to take some more pics soon. Hang in there. We're almost there. Keep the regimen simple but work it consistently...

xxxx

LOL I'm guilty of this too...simple is definitely the key!

Smuice - Your hair is beautiful...I'm sure you'll be there, you're so close in your avatar!

Lynb76 - You can make it to December! We'll do it together, I'm 17 weeks post now.

Growinglong777 - Your hair is so pretty!!! Love the style

Miz Jackson - I feel you. If it weren't for the pictures, I would swear my hair wasn't growing at all!

Shynessqueen - You can still do it girl!

Sorry ladies, I realized I had not posted a pic of my BSL moment.

Well here it is. I changed my siggy a little also.

Shrinkage is a bear! I have gained new insight and wisdom to understanding and accepting naturally kinky/nappy hair.

You remember that old saying that use to be on T-shirts, it said, "God made me black because He knew I could handle it."? Well I think I am going to create a T-shirt with this sentence, "God gave me kinky/nappy hair because He knew I could handle it." Have mercy!

You can not see the bra strap but I am touching it, I promise. I was not going to post another pic with a bra strap, I just do not like, let me be frank, I cannot stand..wait better word.. I hate that shot of me and my back. I will try to set up either a picture with growth lines or as someone suggested the bra on the outside of the shirt.....on second thought, I think I like the lines better. :blush:

Last edited:

Shrinkage is a bear! I have gained new insight and wisdom to understanding and accepting naturally kinky/nappy hair.

You remember that old saying that use to be on T-shirts, it said, "God made me black because He knew I could handle it."? Well I think I am going to create a T-shirt with this sentence, "God gave me kinky/nappy hair because He knew I could handle it." Have mercy!

You cannot not see the bra strap but I am touching it, I promise. I was not going to post another pic with a bra strap, I just do not like, let me be frank, I cannot stand..wait better word.. I hate that shot of me and my back. I will try to set up either a picture with growth lines or as someone suggested the bra on the outside of the shirt.....on second thought, I think I like the lines better. :blush:

LOL You don't need to show the bra to prove it...looks more than BSL to me :grin:. You have such a lovely head of hair! CONGRATS :club:

Thanks OIAM!
icon12.gif

Just wanted to keep it real and factual.
:yep:

So I am now off to Waist Length Hair Land. I figure I will skip mid back length because it is so close to waist length.

I always say, gotta love the journey because once you reach the goal it is only for a moment,
:Flahsssssthen it is back on the journey again. :cowgirl:You truly spend most of your time there so you gotta make the most of it.

Enjoy the holiday weekend everyone! Be safe and have fun.

You can not see the bra strap but I am touching it, I promise. I was not going to post another pic with a bra strap, I just do not like, let me be frank, I cannot stand..wait better word.. I hate that shot of me and my back. I will try to set up either a picture with growth lines or as someone suggested the bra on the outside of the shirt.....on second thought, I think I like the lines better. :blush:

Congrat's on reaching BSL, and as one natural to another I absolutely see that you are BSL. :yay:

I totally feel you on that bra back showing thing. It is so not going to happen for me. There are enough rolls in my back to star a tootsie roll factory. :lachen::lachen: I'll stretch, or even (possibly) put the bra on the outside, but the back just isn't going to be shown. :D

Bumping for updates!

I'll be getting a full blowout to do comparison shots either in mid-December or early January. I've made pretty good progress this year and I know my hair stretches to BSL, but I can't wait to see it all straightened at once!

I didn't make it anywhere NEAR BSL in 07 :( But I do have a healthy even APL now. My hair even feels heavy even after relaxer :) So that's a positive for me. I'd say I only retained about 2inchs this year between trims and getting my hair completely even. I'm excited for '08 though and have decided that I'm going to let my hair do what it does. Hopefully I'll reach BSL in 08, but if I don't I still won't be disappointed.

Congrats to all that did make the goal!

:congrats:on making BSL ladies.... For those who didn't make it there is a 2008 BSL thread you are welcome to join us..... :grin:

I made it to brastrap! In fact, I'm like an inch or so PAST it. :grin: Now, on to my next goal... I'm going for midback/waistlength baby. :lol:

Well i didn't make it, lol! But i know i will in 2008.:grin: Won't get a touch up til after Xmas or after new yearish. Atleast then i can see how far away i am.

Girl don't worry, I didn't get as far as I hoped either! We'll be there soon though...can 't wait to do these length pics to see...

I didn't make it anywhere NEAR BSL in 07 :( But I do have a healthy even APL now. My hair even feels heavy even after relaxer :) So that's a positive for me. I'd say I only retained about 2inchs this year between trims and getting my hair completely even. I'm excited for '08 though and have decided that I'm going to let my hair do what it does. Hopefully I'll reach BSL in 08, but if I don't I still won't be disappointed.

Congrats to all that did make the goal!

Please I saw your updates! Your hair is lovely and even hair is always better IMO. I've probably retained about two inches too, not sure why, but I love even here. We'll be there in '08!

Please I saw your updates! Your hair is lovely and even hair is always better IMO. I've probably retained about two inches too, not sure why, but I love even here. We'll be there in '08!

THanks girl! Yeah, I'm loving even hair too. Even healthy looking THICK hair is what I love :) So when I eventually get there, I'll be happier for it!

Back