Brastrap in 2007 Challenge!!!

OneInAMillion said:
Letita I just came out of your album.....girl please tell me what you're doing. That's some fantastic growth!

Thanks OneInAMillion. I am trying to keep it simple to be honest. I wash, and deep condition once a week. I try to wash 2x a week and for my mid-week wash I don't deep condition. I use a leave-in, moisturize, and seal with a oil.

*I have also used oils on my scalp and I love them. I mostly use P1's oil for my scalp. (www.hair2heaven.com) I did use the MTG for a 'minute' but I couldn't stand the smell. (but I did see some growth.)

I stopped taking my vitamins just to see what the topical oils could do. I wanted to make sure it was the product working and not my vitamins doing all the work. (if that make sense.) Now I know that the oils work, I am going to get back on my vitamins! (I miss them!) giggles. Thanks girlie.

Pixel Lady said:
I agree, you do have great hair...luv it!

Thanks. It was so much easier to do being around liked minded ladies trying to make the same goal. Thanks so much ladies! There were so many times I just wanted to pull out the blow dryer and flat iron and let my hair out.

Ladies we’re almost there! It seems like many of us are about an inch to an inch and a half away from BSL.

Neonbright – I’m shooting for July or August too! I love the style in your avatar

Mscocoface – You look like you’re BSL already! Your hair grew so much from January to April alone.

Pixel Lady – We’re all here determined with you! You’ll make it in no time.

KrissyPrissy – I hear you, seems like we’re all shooting for that last inch or so

Senimoni – You look like you hit BSL too!

Lavendar – I absolutely adore your hair! Please share some of the thickness with me. I think we’re hair twins but your hair is 10x thicker. I need to find out your regimen…

SkinnyMocha – It’s definitely growing, just keep taking those pictures! BTW, I love your blowout 

Toyztoy – Good luck! I think APL is half the battle, so you’re on your way.

OneInAMillion said:
Lavendar – I absolutely adore your hair! Please share some of the thickness with me. I think we’re hair twins but your hair is 10x thicker. I need to find out your regimen…

:blush: Thanks girl! I've been bad about getting my regimen and products into my fotki. Sorry! I'll do it soon....promise. ;)

BUT, my hair can really fool ya! If you look in my fotki at the flat iron pic (white tank) and compare it with these, you will see what I mean. I think your hair is really 10x thicker than mine. My hair is fluffy! I always air dry and it's baby fine so it poofs like that!:lol: I can get "all" that hair in a ponytail with baby-sized ponytail holder. No prob!:lachen:

OneInAMillion said:
Aprilj - September is right around the corner! Keep it up.

Ineedhair - You're so close...I want thicker hair too :)

Summa Bliss - I love your hair! It's super thick and healthy :) I want some pics come May :D

Seemegrow & HoneyaA - I'll add you to the list!

Any more updates?

Thanks OneinaMillion- right back atcha! Your curls are lovely! How did you create them? I may have to steal that style :sekret:

I used to think BSL hair would be harder to handle, but it's funny because for me, as I am approaching BSL, it means even LESS manipulation and even SIMPLER washing routines. I find that this way the longer hair is easier to manage.

OneInAMillion said:
Mscocoface – You look like you’re BSL already! Your hair grew so much from January to April alone.

I am just about there if not at the top of the bra strap. I was surprised myself. The only thing different I did was henna my hair, switch to using almost all ayurvedic prodcuts and begin using pomade and heavy cream from Qhemets.

I may need to adjust my BSL goal to May or June 07 instead of December 07. You are looking good yourself lady!!!! Those curls and shine are just gawjus! ;)

Last edited:
Okay everyone, guess what!!!!!!!!!!!

I MADE IT!!

I am officially BSL.

I have taken pictures but I am too tired to load them right now. I am in the middle of redecorating my house and getting married. I have not been on the forum much this month either. :eek:

Everyone please keep me in prayer, sistah is sho nuff tired! :ohwell:

mscocoface said:
Okay everyone, guess what!!!!!!!!!!!

I MADE IT!!

I am officially BSL.

I have taken pictures but I am too tired to load them right now. I am in the middle of redecorating my house and getting married. I have not been on the forum much this month either. :eek:

Everyone please keep me in prayer, sistah is sho nuff tired! :ohwell:

YEAH CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!! Please take pics when you get some free time :lol: :lol: . Congrats on getting married to :grin: .

den1 said:
i'm currently 1.5 inches away from bra-strap length

Congratualations! DEN1. I need the same amt to claim bra-strap too;)

There's so many brastrap challenges around here that I forgot about this one. I'm going to subscribe to this thread so I can keep up with it.

This is my progression: this picture was taken in April: i'm not declaring APL until more has passed: July will be 3 month stretch: so hopefully I achieved some length there:
the green line is: SL
the purple ine is: APL
the crimson line is: BSL
....I'm prayin that the distance between my AP & BS is 3 inches: I'm gonna baggy like crazy and no combing: only in the shower and if I do comb is gonna be w/ my fingers or rat tail to loosen my curls

untitled.JPG

I have no idea what BSL challenge I joined but I am less than an inch away from that goal. Sooo I will post pics in Late August or Early September of my hair.

I just now realized that I'm beyond APL and heading to BSL. Wow, it crept up on me. The problem is, my kitchen area is not as long as the hair above it. And my ends are looking kinda scraggely. I threw in some cornrows last night. But if I keep going at this rate I'll probably be at BSL by mid to late August.:grin:

Any other updates?

I'm soooooooooo close but I feel like i've stalled! How's everyone doing?

Girl I know how you feel, I had to get a much need hair cut for some shap and style. So I lost about 2 1/2 inches in the back and I was touching the top of my bra strap. Now I am about 1.5 inches away and I know I will make it before the end of the year but I swear it seems like I will barley make it.

Keep you head up girl we will get to BSL before we know it.

September is almost here...I can hardly wait for the retouch. I've been stretching my hair down my back after every wash. It's looking good. I need to take some more pics soon. Hang in there. We're almost there. Keep the regimen simple but work it consistently...

xxxx

Thanks OneinaMillion- right back atcha! Your curls are lovely! How did you create them? I may have to steal that style :sekret:

I used to think BSL hair would be harder to handle, but it's funny because for me, as I am approaching BSL, it means even LESS manipulation and even SIMPLER washing routines. I find that this way the longer hair is easier to manage.

This is sooooo true...

I'm down I hope to make it in December 07..I'm already 14 weeks post relaxer and I'm trying to hold out on relaxing until December. :rofl:

This is my progression: this picture was taken in April: i'm not declaring APL until more has passed: July will be 3 month stretch: so hopefully I achieved some length there:
the green line is: SL
the purple ine is: APL
the crimson line is: BSL
....I'm prayin that the distance between my AP & BS is 3 inches: I'm gonna baggy like crazy and no combing: only in the shower and if I do comb is gonna be w/ my fingers or rat tail to loosen my curls

untitled.JPG

Your regime sounds really good...you're so close too!

I just now realized that I'm beyond APL and heading to BSL. Wow, it crept up on me. The problem is, my kitchen area is not as long as the hair above it. And my ends are looking kinda scraggely. I threw in some cornrows last night. But if I keep going at this rate I'll probably be at BSL by mid to late August.:grin:

I was just looking at your album...I got so many ideas from the protective styles album. That banaclip twist out is sooooo hot!

Girl I know how you feel, I had to get a much need hair cut for some shap and style. So I lost about 2 1/2 inches in the back and I was touching the top of my bra strap. Now I am about 1.5 inches away and I know I will make it before the end of the year but I swear it seems like I will barley make it.

Keep you head up girl we will get to BSL before we know it.

Yeah I'm gonna try not to watch my hair so closely! I went through the same thing trimming last month, but it was necessary. We'll get there...'07 ain't over yet :yep:

Back