Breakage due to phony bun...HELP

ChoZyn

Hey ladies. This is my first post and I wanted to know if anyone had any advice about the phony buns. Mine has clips and because of wearing the phony bun my hair has broken off where the clip hits the middle of my hair....It's horrible!! I hadn't paid attention to it and then one day i put a mirror up and saw that the hair was only about 2 inches in that spot with serious breakage all around. Its about a 3 inch circle of short hair in the middle of my head. I cut all of my dead ends off today so that I can start 2008 fresh but there is still this spot that causes my center to be empty so rollersets can't be full and straw sets wouldn't work either. Should I just cut my hair so that it's all even. I'm in the military so I have certain restriction on how I can wear my hair....HELP:wallbash:

i have and wear one of those buns too. are u sure it's from the clip in the bun and not the tightness of your ponytail holder? also, how well do u keep ur hair moisturized?

I moisturize all the time and I always took the bun out at night...It's the hair on the inside of the ponytail that broke off. None of the hair that the ponytail holder was actually touching was damaged.

I also had this issue with breakage around the edge where my hair met the phony pony.

Did you ever find a solution OP? Does anybody else have a solution?

I had to put the pony away as soon as I saw the breakage, I really like wearing it though, so I'd love to find a solution. I wear the type with a comb in the front and the back as well as a drawstring. I baggy my hair underneath and put in a bun, attach both combs (not too tight) and loosely wrap the drawstring around.

Before I started taking care of my hair, the middle of my head was the shortest due to my excessive wearing of pony tails and buns. I try to wear them less now but it still hasn't caught up to the rest of my hair yet. Plus, the pony tails made that part of my head extremely sensitive.

I do a pony tail with my real hair, put a little moisturiser, wrap a shower cap around the length of my hair then bun. Is this what you mean by baggying inside the bun?

Yes! That's exactly what I mean. You can saran wrap your ponytail and put your bun on top of it.

Sorry for getting back to you so late. I just saw your post.

I'm like the unofficial phony pony queen. This is what I do (I've had absolutely no breakage due to phony ponies). First, I saturate the combs in Castor oil, but just about any oil will work... (probably not coconut oil cuz its so light and it dissolves quickly, but Evoo and avacdo and so on would be okay) You could also use a heavy creme moisturizer like Elasta QP Mango Butter. I baggy my hair (when its dry with a little moisturizer).After I secure the phony pony, I don't do it too tight, and I secure with a few bobby pins. I only wear it when I'm going out. Once I get back home, I take that thing off. Its alot of stress to keep it on for long periods of times (like every day or sleeping in it). And I allow my hair to breathe (take it out of the ponytail holder as well). Make sure to DC weekly if you can. My hair has thrived so much from this. This is my fave grow out tool. See, I endorse these things like crazy.
ponylabel.jpg

Back