Try this to combat breakage caused by phony ponies...

lovelymissyoli

I’ve been looking at some of the posts lately and have noticed that several ladies on this board experience breakage from wearing phony ponies as a result of the clips that are used to attach them. This same thing happened to me because I had to insert the clips into my hair that wasn’t braided in order to secure it. Needless to say, I did experience some breakage but found a way to combat such breakage so that I can continue to protect my ends by wearing my baggie.

To begin, since the clips in the phony pony cause your hair to break off try wrapping an additional rubber band around the plastic bag that is covering my hair (if you are wearing a baggie), or if you aren’t wearing a baggie put an additional rubber band around your ponytail. Next, take the front and back clips that are attached to the phony pony and tuck them into the rubber band (not your hair) so that they are secure. Once you know that they are secure take the drawstring and wrap that around the ponytail to secure it once again, and to hide the string as well. After that, you’re good to go! It works out great and shouldn't cause any tension on your hair or scalp; I know it doesn't on my head. I hope this helps someone…. :ohwell:

Last edited: