HELP with phony bun!

SmartyPants

I purchased my first phony bun today. I plan to bun everyday including Christmas in preparation for wearing my (hopefully) APL hair down for an event next May (May 2010)--I'm doing a protect the ends challenge until next May.

The problem is that I have no idea how to attach the thing.

Can someone help me out here?

shunemite

That's easy! Buy some black bobby pins, and put them aaaaallllll around the base of the bun. Especially in the back! It won't move an inch. Believe me, I used it with short hair and it stayed in.

(You wanna buy the one 2nd from the one at the top, shaped like a "U". It won't snag)

Also, don't do what I did and use a rubber band on your real hair, it'll bbbreeeaaakkkk. And cover your ends with a baggy. just got some good advise on that from some ladies on this forum in a different thread.

Sade'

YES hair pins r def the way to go! :yep:

That's easy! Buy some black bobby pins, and put them aaaaallllll around the base of the bun. Especially in the back! It won't move an inch. Believe me, I used it with short hair and it stayed in.

(You wanna buy the one 2nd from the one at the top, shaped like a "U". It won't snag)

Also, don't do what I did and use a rubber band on your real hair, it'll bbbreeeaaakkkk. And cover your ends with a baggy. just got some good advise on that from some ladies on this forum in a different thread.