BREAKING NEWS...Best Product To Use on Twists...

ms_kenesha

Is Kemi Oyl Shea Butter Pomade!!!

It gave me shiny, moisturized, wonderful twists!!! A lil dab will do ya though!

Here's a lil info: Kemi-Oyl Shea Butter Pomade is nature's perfect gift for the hair. It moisturizes and conditions dry, dull, damaged hair, while providing strength and pliability for total management.Kemi-Oyl Shea Butter Pomade provides hold, moisture andsheen to braids and locs, and also gives moisture, sheen, and softness to natural hair. It is an excellent conditioner to be effective on all types of hair.

Some of its benefits are:

Natural hair moisturizer and conditioner
Provides sheento hair
Excellent for braids and locs
Provides natural hold for wavy hair
Daily conditioner for all types of hair
Hair food and thermal protector
Prevents split ends

Kemi Online Store

aregee

cosign!

shea butter pomade has given me the best looking twists, but they still don't last any longer than 2-3 days!

ms_kenesha

[ QUOTE ]
sithembile said:
Is this product 100% shea butter?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I don't know all the ingredients because Kemi says some of their info is proprietary, but it has no petroleum or mineral oil, so I'm cool with it!

ms_kenesha

[ QUOTE ]
aregee said:
cosign!

shea butter pomade has given me the best looking twists, but they still don't last any longer than 2-3 days!

[/ QUOTE ]

How big do you make your twists? What do you do while your hair is in twists? That might explain the short twist duration time. Today is my 4th day of twists using the pomade

aregee

i usually make my twists pretty small. i've done them on soaking wet and damp hair. can't do them on curly dry hair b/c the hair is tangled. i think it has something to do with my hair type. (3c) i tie up(or try to) my hair everynight with a satin scarf. they look so pitiful today (after only 3 days) that i absolutely must take them down. i think i'll conditioner wash and go with the trusty bun (using the shea butter pomade, of course) until this nasty, rainy weather clears. (twistout is not an option when its raining)

ms_kenesha

[ QUOTE ]
Allandra said:
Hey Kenesha,

Does it smell as good as the Kemi Oyl (just curious)?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey

It smells a little heavier than the oil, but the smell doesn't linger long like the oil.

Kha

I've seen this product in the store, I may just have to try it. Last couple of times I used shea butter, it was way too heavy for my hair. Is this pomade creamy or is it thick and stiff like shea butter?

ms_kenesha

[ QUOTE ]
KhaLesSta said:
I've seen this product in the store, I may just have to try it. Last couple of times I used shea butter, it was way too heavy for my hair. Is this pomade creamy or is it thick and stiff like shea butter?

[/ QUOTE ]

It is heavy, but it melts easily and "a dab'll do ya"

lbellin

I personally love Kemi Oyl Pomade. I use it for every thing, two strand twists, afro puffs, you name I've done it. It makes my hair super shiny and soft.

My fave product... Just make shure you really rub it between your palms before adding... also really good for shake and go. after hair dries,
mess it up with your hands and you'll have a shiny style

shelli4018

it just so happens I'm wearing flat twists up front w/kemi shea butter pomade. I've had them in for 3 days now and they still look great! I also use it for my shake-n-go. It softens my hair quite nicely.

I don't know about you, but I've been loking for a less expensive cream for my twists. I normally use (and love) Elasta's Mango Butter. But the price is getting on my nerves.