BREAKING THE DROUGHT~

kayte

Joel 2:23
Rejoice in the Lord your God, for he has given you the autumn rains in righteousness. He sends you abundant showers, both autumn and spring rains.

Ezekiel 34
"I will make them and the places around My hill a blessing. And I will cause showers to come down in their season; they will be showers of blessing.

Thoughts on today's verse
"The prayers go up and the blessings come down..." The words to this children's song are only half right, because God sends his blessings many times even when we don't pray.

But with the special smell that comes with a drought-breaking rain, God loves the aroma of his children's joy, especially when he is the source of its delight!
Prayer:
Holy God and Tender Father, you are my great delight. When all others fail, you are still God. You are a rock and fortress, you are a tender shepherd, and you are a solid mountain that cannot be shaken. Your blessings and grace shower upon me and fill me with joy. I can't wait for the day I get to see you face to face and delight in your presence. Until then, I will see you faith to face and rejoice in anticipation. Through Jesus I pray. Amen.

Last edited:

kayte

Showers of Blessings
Osella Clabaugh - In The Garden Staff

An old familiar Hymn is "Showers of blessings" the verses go:

There shall be showers of blessing: This is the promise of love; there shall be seasons refreshing, sent from the Savior above,
There shall be showers of blessing: Precious reviving again: over the hills and the valleys, sound of abundance of rain.
There shall be showers of blessing: send them upon us, O Lord! Grant to us now a refreshing; come, and now honor thy word.
There shall be showers of blessing; O that today they might fall, Now as to God we're confessing, Now as on Jesus we Call!

and the chorus is :
Showers of blessing, showers of blessing we need; Mercy drops round us are falling, but for the showers we plead.

I love that song. You know that song is for us. God wants to send upon us showers of blessings. They are ours if we will only follow him. Ezekiel the 34th chapter and the 26th verse say, "And I will make them and the places round about my hill a blessing; and I will cause the shower to come down in His season; there shall be showers of blessing."
God is looking over his flock and he sees that the shepherd had let them run wild and they are lost and hurt

Christians,
God has given each of us a flock also, it may be our children, our neighbors our fellow employees, make sure you are telling them about God. Shout praises to God. We are His flock unto to Jesus. My friend if you can just catch this concept, you will feel the raindrops of blessings start to fall and then the showers will start. God bless you. Let's pray

Oh Lord, God Almighty, send those showers down upon us. We are waiting with arms uplifted for those showers Lord. Father we are your flock, lead us in the way we should go. Lord if we have slipped and fallen, pick us up and carry us close to your heart. We seek forgiveness for our sins and Lord we seek forgiveness for the times we have neglected to tell others about you. Use us Lord we are willing to be used. In Jesus name I pray. Amen.

Last edited: