Breakthru Shampoo lovers - What do you like about it compared to others?

HoneyDew

I am asking because I saw it at the Dollar store today. It was a big one with 25% free in the bottle. I HAD to get it, but as usual I am afraid to try something new.

I LOVE Porosity Control Shampoo and I buy it by the liter. I am getting braids this weekend and I don't want to use up my Porosity Control Shampoo while I am in braids.

I don't really like the smell (or lack of), but at $1 a bottle, I would like to try this Breakthru while I am in braids.

Tell me what you guys like about it compared to other popular LHCF shampoos.

Thank in advanced guys!

I like it because it works as well as other expensive ones for half the price. It detangles just as well as keracare shampoo and conditions like con without the build up.

gymfreak336 said:
I like it because it works as well as other expensive ones for half the price. It detangles just as well as keracare shampoo and conditions like con without the build up.

That is VERY attractive to me. That is why I love Porosity Control Shampoo - my hiar actually breaks with CON :( . If this Breakthru stuff is that good, at $1 a pop I am going to stock up!

They also has some Soft and Beautiful Botanicals Braid Spray in there for $1. This would be so good if I can maintain my braids with these Dollar Tree Products! It will help to offset the money I am spending on these freakin' braids!

I hope you like it because I do. Breakthru shampoo also meshes well with other conditioners. With some shampoos, I can't use some of my conditioners after it because it seems to "react" badly. With breakthru I don't have that issue. Your hair also feels strong after using it too.

ot: what kind of braids are you getting.

gymfreak336 said:

I've been using it only for almost a month...but I very much agree with this statement....and I used CON for YEARS and Keracare for two years.

I'm happy just using this along with Jason's. I'm not looking for any other poo anytime soon.

*I am EXTREMELY jealous right now....that there are big bottles at the Dollar Store:mad: I ran towards a big bottle of Breakthru at the BSS only to realize it wasn't shampoo...

I just went back to this. It really detangles my hair and doesn't leave a film like CON. This is what I'm going to use when it gets close to touch-up from now on. Wow I just realized I've just stretched to 13 weeks.

I just bought 2 11 oz bottles because I can't find the big size.

Last edited:
I am excited to try it guys. I am going to shampoo my hair with it tonight and Friday before I get my braids.

Gymfreak, I am getting just some individual braids, nothing extraordinary. I need a break and so does my hair. I have been struggling too long for my hair to even out and I give up on going at it w/o some help. Also, this cold weather is getting to me already. I think I am going to do a modified version of the C&G technique until my hair gets more even.

I absolutely love that shampoo! Their deep conditioner is good too and it doesn't leave build up. I remember when i found that at a dollar store back at home so i stocked up. I had like 6 bottles but they're all done now. Now you gonna have me running to the dollar store tonight to see if they have it in this area. As soon as i get off work, i will be heading there. I will TRY and stop being a PJ one day :look: .

Ok, I officially LOVE this freakin' shampoo! :D

I used it tonight and my hair felt so good. I had to reread the ingredients on the bottle after how well that stuff worked for my hair!

It does not seem to have sulfates! Wow. I may have to stop by that dollar store again tomorrow at lunch!!

I am NOT wasting that on my braid extensions! That is to be used on my own hair ONLY!

Those braids are going to get some Suave or something!

Wait - is this shampoo discontinued or something? I wonder why it was at the dollar store going so cheaply.

Back