Broccoli seed oil?

Proudpiscean

O.k ...so I've been lurking around The Long Hair Community and I found a rave about broccoli seed oil.....here's a quote:

"I finally tried my Broccoli seed oil from essential wholesale, and I love it!!! It really is a perfect cone subsitute (like it said on the website) but it is better than cones because it really softens and conditions your hair while you have it in. Also, it's great for skin -- my face likes it and it is sooo silky when you use it. Another great thing is that I applied it to some stretchmarks last night, and they are visibly smoother and less red this morning (one use!!!) and I've been trying various lotions and cremes for the past month, and nothing has made such a difference, so I am totally impressed with this product and would highly recommend it. I think it was $14 for 16 oz, and I think that's a pretty good deal bc it will last me a really long time, and I don't know of any cone or stretchmark creme that you could get 16oz of for only $14, so to me it is a really good buy and well worth the money."

Has anyone here tried Broccoli seed oil (for hair)? If so did you get good results?
BTW it doesn't smell like broccoli if you're wondering :lol:

JustKiya

I haven't tried it - largely because I'm cheap, and I've seen mixed reviews.... I'm hoping to score some at some point in a swap or something....

Are you using it?

adw425

I've been wanting to try for about eight months now, but I have so many butters and oils already. I first became interested when I noticed it was an ingredient in one of the Ojon products. I started researching it then. I read on the Long Hair Community forum that it was serum-like without it actually being a serum, thus good for flat-ironing. I plan on flat-ironing my hair for the first time in a year this month, but I have so many good oils already like peach kernel, meadowfoam, shea, rice bran, hemp seed, jojoba, not to mention my Nature's Blessings pomade. When I use up some of what I already have, I will still try, though, because I love trying new things.

Isis

Thanks for this thread. Broccoli oil sounds like a very interesting one, especially for it's iodine content, which is great for healthy hair.

From the posts I read, it seems that no type 4's tried this on that site and of the two type 3's, only one seemed to be happy with the results. I would be mainly interested in the anti-frizz aspects, which one person said it had on her hair. :scratchch

CurlyMoo

Never heard of this, looks like they can make oil out of any veggie or fruit these days. If that's the case then I want some Mango Oil.

Rain20

I bought some and I didnt like the scent. I still have some sitting in my cabinet. I tried it but nothing special for me.

Eisani

I like it a lot to use as a glosser. Gives crazy shine w/o weighing my hair down. It's funky as hell, but I add fragrance oil to it to mask the scent.