BSL???? - Length check

bunnie82

I guess no one uses this chart anymore? It seems to be the most accurate to me. Especially since everyone doesn't wear their bras the same. BSL will be when your hair naturally falls along the very top of your areola...And plus, u r looked at from the front, who cares what your hair looks like in the back! :ohwell:

SelahOco

What if your areoles lower than that though? :look:

Some body gone be belly button length messing around waiting for this chart to call them bsl!! :)

bunnie82

^^^
| | |

LMAO!!!!

I hope nobody got areolas down to their belly button!!! There are surgeries for that! lol :lachen:

Boujoichic

I guess no one uses this chart anymore? It seems to be the most accurate to me. Especially since everyone doesn't wear their bras the same. BSL will be when your hair naturally falls along the very top of your areola...And plus, u r looked at from the front, who cares what your hair looks like in the back! :ohwell:

This is the first time Ive seen Bra Strap length measured by the aureolas instead of an actual bra. True Everyone wears their bra differently. I think thats why some people measure using the shoulder blades BSB is Below Shoulder Blade and may be a clearer milestone because your shoulder blades would always be in the same position on your body.
I think Nonie has a chart thats a little clearer

Nonie

@Boujoichic, like you, I find a frontal view chart hard to follow...and for most bras, the strap is below the level of the nipples/areolas unless it's providing very poor support or is ill-fitted:

I think what the chart posted earlier shows is what @tkj25 fondly calls NpL length. :giggle: Since he doesn't wear a bra, BSL didn't makes sense to him so he went for NpL. Now for him, that may remain the same unless he grows huge and gets man boobs that may have some sag. For us ladies and large guys, nips pose a problem of not necessarily staying at the same level just like bra straps.

So as most of us on the forum have agreed, BSB (Below Shoulder Blades) is a more precise mark since your shoulder blades don't move. This is one chart I came up with:

KEY:
NL = neck length; SL = shoulder length; CBL = collarbone length; APL = armpit length; BSB = below shoulder blades; MBL = midback length; WL = waist length; HBL = hipbone length; BL = butt length; MTL = mid-thigh length; KL = knee length; MCL = mid-calf length; AL = ankle length; then I added FL (floor length, even though it's not a body part just coz I'd drawn the line and didn't feel like coloring it out). Guess, I could've called it Sole Length...but another SL would've been too confusing)

Last edited:

Nonie

Thanks, TootiePie! Looking forward then to MBL!:look:

candycan, that's not necessarily true, which further proves why brastrap is not a good indicator. It depends on how wide your bras strap is. The bottom of the bra in the image below isn't that far from the top and unless one is wearing the strap low down on the back, it may not be anywhere near midback territory:

MBL means just that, it's in the middle of your back which IMO lies halfway between base of neck and just below small of back. For some it may be close to BSB and for some close to WSL. But as a length check, each person's achievement is based on their own reach of these marks on themselves, not on another's positioning of the parts so it doesn't matter if the references differ from one to another. Thing is, at least those areas stay at the same place for each person:

Here's another of my charts:

Nonie

^^^
| | |

LMAO!!!!

I hope nobody got areolas down to their belly button!!! There are surgeries for that! lol :lachen:

@bunnie82,I've seen below belly button when sitting down...and not everyone is crazy about surgeries. My mom was shocked to learn that people actually get breast augmentation in the name of beauty. She didn't understand what use breasts have besides feeding babies and said that after their job was done, they were pretty much useless so didn't get the point of trying to adjust their position. She thinks bras pretty much put them in an OK position so thinks surgery is just extreme and madness. She also doesn't understand people who work so hard to prevent sag. :sekret: I'm sure she's not the only one with that way of thinking.

guyanesesista

I should clarify that I consider my bsl to be just at the end of my shoulder blades because that's about wear I wear my bra. So I measure at the end of my bra not the top if you can get me. I feel more comfy measuring there because I feel like once it hits there I'm in the clear for bsl. I guess everyone measures differently anyway.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_Mgw4YOkYLxU/TSOsgo7S9YI/AAAAAAAAAQk/Wali7GRCjQ4/s1600/hairlengthchart%2B200.png

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_r0bU4uq2jck/TTZaMN8lcpI/AAAAAAAAAV0/81SQ6fUxakA/s1600/hairchart.jpg

These pics kinda show different than what I say but it's just the way I measure.

eta: I think I mean below shoulder bone when I look at my explanation. Idk now I'm confused. Let's just call it just above BSB and be done with it. :lol:

Last edited:

Nonie

[...]eta: I think I mean below shoulder bone when I look at my explanation. Idk now I'm confused. Let's just call it just above BSB and be done with it. :lol:

@guyanesesista above shoulder blade would be around collarbone aka clavicle. :giggle: The shoulderblade is this huge triangular bone also known as scapula:

So to be ABOVE shoulderblade, you'd be talmbout being way up near the collarbone. :giggle: Below shoulderblade makes more sense as it is around the area where bra-strap would be and it's constant, unlike bra-straps.

Last edited:

guyanesesista

Guyenesesista, above shoulder blade would be around collarbone aka clavicle. :giggle: The shoulderblade is this huge triangular bone also known as scapula:

So to be ABOVE shoulderblade, you'd be talmbout being way up near the collarbone. :giggle:

Look chile I ain't about no anatomy & physiology. That was 6 years ago. :lachen: You see the pointy end of that big triangular bone right thurr? The end of that is wear I measure.

eta: and yes. I really just said that.:lol:

Nonie

Look chile I ain't about no anatomy & physiology. That was 6 years ago. :lachen: You see the pointy end of that big triangular bone right thurr? The end of that is wear I measure.

Then why you gotta be complicating matters? That's where everyone measures; when their hair is beyond that point and we all call it BELOW SHOULDER BLADE. :grin:

candycan

@candycan, that's not necessarily true, which further proves why brastrap is not a good indicator. It depends on how wide your bras strap is. The bottom of the bra in the image below isn't that far from the top and unless one is wearing the strap low down on the back, it may not be anywhere near midback territory:

MBL means just that, it's in the middle of your back which IMO lies halfway between base of neck and just below small of back. For some it may be close to BSB and for some close to WSL. But as a length check, each person's achievement is based on their own reach of these marks on themselves, not on another's positioning of the parts so it doesn't matter if the references differ from one to another. Thing is, at least those areas stay at the same place for each person:

Here's another of my charts:

@Nonie Thanks so much for this chart! This makes more sense to measure this way. With this chart I'm just making BSB. Saying one is BSL is subjective to too many variations. Thanks again!:yep:

Solitude

Great progress! 97 days doesn't seem that bad to me. That's the same amount of time that people where a sew-in with their hair cornrow'd underneath. At least with a wig you have direct access to your scalp!

PinkSunshine77

New York's Finest
bunnie82 said:
Nice growth.

SN: am I the only one that doesn't measure BSL with my bra??
In a front view that hair would be a little past APL....:scratchch

Ok it's not just my phone then. I think that's APL

BostonMaria

Beautiful hair! I could never leave my hair in braids for 97 days. I would drive myself crazy LOL I love to twirl my hair too much.

Your hair looks APL to me but at the angle you're in its hard to tell. Flatiron the rest of your hair, let your hair down, and then take another picture.

----------

ETA: Nonie :lachen::lachen::lachen:Where in the world did you find that picture?!