Can someone clarify the difference between Waistlength, Mid Back length and BSL?

crlsweetie912

HELP!
(disclaimer, I am nowhere near any of these lengths, but they are in my future! :D )

Ok, BSL is at the brastrap and waistlength is the smallest part of the waist? Correct me if I am wrong. So than Mid-Back length is in between BSL and waistlength? That doesn't seem right to me:confused: . That's maybe 2-3 inches difference? Is Mid-Back lenght a misnomer or am I gettin this all wrong. Thanks!:D

ETA: Someone, who shall remain nameless!:sekret: :sekret: :sekret: :sekret:
helped me with this question. It's an excellent explanation. Feel free to discuss your views!

http://www.ida.net/users/northstr/hairlength.html

UmSumayyah

It's all in how tall you are. For some people, BSL IS mid-back. :lol: The taller you are, the more inches there are in-between.

remnant

hello lady
IMHO midback is between brastrap and waistlenght...you can clearly see it if you have a long torso!

alexstin

Here you go:

sylver2

So..there is no name for when your hair is between midback and waistlength??
I guess it wouls still be called midback then

Softresses

I have always called the distance between brastrap and waistlength the lower back, this is what it is called in the medical/healthcare occupations (lowerback=lumbar area).

Softresses

Harina

Wow, Waistlength on me would seem just a bit ridiculous. I will definitely go for about 2 or 3 inches past bra strap.

kbragg

alexstin said:
Here you go:

Very informative cart! Just not exactly sure WHY they had to put nipples on the diagram!:lol: I've never seen any diagrams (for example, the chart to measure your inches lost when losing weight). with nipples!:lachen:

Beb, going to modify the photo tomake it a little more PG13!:grin:

kbragg

Here ya go! A little more suitable for children:grin:

:lachen: :lachen: :lachen: :lachen:

I have waaaaaaay too much free time!:perplexed

Cichelle

Am I correct that according to this chart, the bottom of a woman's brastrap would be midback? I never knew that. But actually, I was never sure what midback meant except that it had to be somewhere between bsl and waist.

alexstin

Cichelle said:
Am I correct that according to this chart, the bottom of a woman's brastrap would be midback? I never knew that. But actually, I was never sure what midback meant except that it had to be somewhere between bsl and waist.

Well, I think it would be more accurate to say the bottom of the breast since some bra straps are worn pretty high. Though I don't know if this is accurate for me after breastfeeding 3 kids:lol: .

FlowerHair

Reclaiming my time
So what would one call the length between waist length and hip length?
That's a long way to go :perplexed
I'll name that the lower back even though somone above named the Mid back length lower back.