BSL/MBL Same Length?!

KurleeK5

Hello Ladies!

As my hair grows and I continue my (long) hair journey to MBL, I noticed something "fun". Naturally many women classify BSL and MBL as two different lengths. I have a long upper back and a shorter lower back so I tend to wear my bra right in the middle of my back. It seems that MBL and BSL are the same length on me. What do you ladies think? I was wondering if I am the only one who seems to have this question..but I know I cannot be the only one...share your thoughts!:grin:

Happy Holidays and Happy Growing!!

Attachments

• mblbsl.jpg
    mblbsl.jpg
    362.1 KB · Views: 192

ezina

You're not the only one. I have the same issue. My BSL looks positively MBL to me.

~~HoneyComb~~

I prefer BSB (below shoulder blade) instead of BSL---depending on your bra, the strap can be positioned differently with each one. But your shoulder blade is gonna stay the same.

NicWhite

I don't understand this either. It seems to me that it depends on how low you wear your bra or how wide the strap is.

The other thing is if you truly want to know where mid-back is on "you", maybe you could measure the length of your back and divide that number by 2. That's just my theory. :bookworm:

Typically the back starts where your shoulders (bottom of the neck) start and goes down to about where your butt crack begins. HTH

kittikat24

I too feel that my BSL is mid back length...so far, I'm brushing BSL, but I have a long way to go before its full (no doubt about it) BSL length.

You're not alone~!!

Beverly Ann Properties

I am exactly in the same position. My bra strap position is 6 inches from APL. I am going to claim BSB, then on to MBL because of the porportion of my body and where my bra stap rests on my body.

helixhoney

Yep, I got the same thing going on. It looks like my bra strap is only 3 inches from my waist, and 8 inches from APL. :drunk:

Because of this, I think I'm gonna jump on the BSB train. A few hairs have made it, but once the majority of them do, I'm claiming it...and my bra strap will still be a good 3 inches away.

pattyr5

Yep, I got the same thing going on. It looks like my bra strap is only 3 inches from my waist, and 8 inches from APL. :drunk:

Because of this, I think I'm gonna jump on the BSB train. A few hairs have made it, but once the majority of them do, I'm claiming it...and my bra strap will still be a good 3 inches away.

Ok, so it's not just me!!! I was thinking there was something wrong with the way I wear my bra. I guess so of the classifications need adjustments based on body type. I was able to get to SL quickly because i have a short neck, lol

blessedandlucky

If you see my siggy, I claimed BSB...To me the bottom of my brastrap is what I am claiming as MBL (like when my hair covers my brastrap at the bottom)... I made a thread about this http://www.longhaircareforum.com/ha...come-answer-especially-mbl-beyond-ladies.html a month ago because I was just as curious...I can't say what other ladies are doing, but for me, My goals are: BSB, MBL, WL, HL, and TBL and MBL is the bottom of my brastrap...

I'm with you,Janet'. I love your hair:)

EbonyCPrincess

With one of my bra's its the same, with another there is a clear distinction. In the picture you attached that bra seems to sit right at MBL, imo. So yes, for you it appears to be one in the same.

KurleeK5

I am on to BSB then! I also like the idea of measuring the length of your back. Thanks for the Thread link Janet, I will check it out. I just feel like my neck is a bit long and then my upper back so my APL has taken FOREVER to come... :(

s4pphir3

I understand where you're coming from OP but in my case it seems mbl and wl is about the same for me. I guess because I'm short the different lengths are closer together on me.

Carisa

This is me. When I reach full bsl that will also be mbl (maybe my bras are just lower than most)

cocosweet

This is me. I thought I was being delusional, so I'm glad to see I'm not the only one. I'm a member of the IBTC, so all my bras land in the same place on me. Full BSL and MBL are the same for me.

Just to make sure, I measured from the bottom of my neck to just before my butt begins. My bra sits at the halfway point.

davisbr88

If I remember correctly, when I went to get fitted for a bra, she told me the correct placement of your bra should be right under your shoulder blades so then if you wear your bra "correctly" then BSB = BSL. Yours is definitely lower than your shoulder blades, so I think if you hit the top of your bra, you could claim MBL.