how long did it take to go from BSL to MBL/WSL?

myhairgrowstoo

My longest strands reach the top of my bra strap and now I'm interested in MBL/WSL. First where exactly is MBL? And how long did it take yall to reach MBL and/or WSL from BSL? Please include your height and/or whether your torso is long or short

Dee Raven

For me, going from BSL to MBL is only 1 inch so it took 2 - 3 months. Then from MBL to hip was maybe another inch, inch and half, so another 2 - 3 months. But I'm short. You should measure the length between and divide by your monthly growth.

MBL to me is a mythical length because there are no clear markers on the body. I guess technically if you measure your back and divide it in half that would be it. But to be quick I would just say halfway between BSL and WL.

Good luck with the hair journey. You should be there in no time.

Tulips4u

I would like to know as well. I've been stuck at grazing MBL for about a year now. It doesn't help that I have a long neck either.

myhairgrowstoo

For me, going from BSL to MBL is only 1 inch so it took 2 - 3 months. Then from MBL to hip was maybe another inch, inch and half, so another 2 - 3 months. But I'm short. You should measure the length between and divide by your monthly growth.

MBL to me is a mythical length because there are no clear markers on the body. I guess technically if you measure your back and divide it in half that would be it. But to be quick I would just say halfway between BSL and WL.

Good luck with the hair journey. You should be there in no time.

Thank you for the response :)

mrsroberson86

I'm 5'1 and I started my hair journey at shoulder length, right after I had a trim. It took me a year to get to bsl and on my 2nd year (July 2014) I was at full mid back but I cut about 4 inches off. That put me back at bsl. In September I relaxed my hair and I'm back at full mbl. I think I have like 2 more inches to go before I'm waist length. I will make it by the summer maybe before then. Being that I'm now currently pregnant it could happen sooner.

September's pic of my hair

ForumRunner_20141005_064547.jpg

ForumRunner_20141005_064626.jpg

myhairgrowstoo

I'm 5'1 and I started my hair journey at shoulder length, right after I had a trim. It took me a year to get to bsl and on my 2nd year (July 2014) I was at full mid back but I cut about 4 inches off. That put me back at bsl. In September I relaxed my hair and I'm back at full mbl. I think I have like 2 more inches to go before I'm waist length. I will make it by the summer maybe before then. Being that I'm now currently pregnant it could happen sooner.

September's pic of my hair

Thank you, you're very helpful

CarLiTa

I consider MBL to be 1-4 inches below the brastrap.

And waist is waist. I think that guideline works pretty well for various heights.

As for me, I'm MBL and very close to waist, but it seems every time I reach this stage (relaxed or natural) my hair isn't in good shape and I want to do a deep trim. So I'm going to WSL slowly. Was thinking February or April, so that ideally it looks the way I want it to.

myhairgrowstoo

I consider MBL to be 1-4 inches below the brastrap.

And waist is waist. I think that guideline works pretty well for various heights.

As for me, I'm MBL and very close to waist, but it seems every time I reach this stage (relaxed or natural) my hair isn't in good shape and I want to do a deep trim. So I'm going to WSL slowly. Was thinking February or April, so that ideally it looks the way I want it to.

Bsl to mbl took me about 4-6 months. I am 5'

Thank you for the answers :)

nathansgirl1908

I seem to be stuck at BSL right now. I'm trying to reach MBL. I also had a slight setback with my surgery in March. I had some breakage. But my hair has recovered. From APL to BSL took me about six months which seems slow to me.

growbaby

BSL - MBL took 6 months. I made it 2 times and both attempts took 6 months. It's now been 3 months since I made MBL and I'm less than 2 inches from WL so I'm predicting it will take 6 months as well. I am 5'6

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing
The first picture is around when I joined the board July/Aug 2013. I had just gotten my hair pressed at the salon. I haven't had it pressed since then so the other 2 pictures are roller sets with a few inches of shrunken roots but you can still kinda get an idea of the length.

Middle is Jan 2014

Last picture is Sept 2014

I am around 5'3 in height.
Don't know exactly when I hit each length milestone as I was too focused on pregnancy to really care.

My ultimate goal is hip & I'm hoping to be there sometime next year at which point I'll head back to the salon for a nice press.

Last edited:

myhairgrowstoo

I seem to be stuck at BSL right now. I'm trying to reach MBL. I also had a slight setback with my surgery in March. I had some breakage. But my hair has recovered. From APL to BSL took me about six months which seems slow to me.

BSL - MBL took 6 months. I made it 2 times and both attempts took 6 months. It's now been 3 months since I made MBL and I'm less than 2 inches from WL so I'm predicting it will take 6 months as well. I am 5'6

The first picture is around when I joined the board July/Aug 2013. I had just gotten my hair pressed at the salon. I haven't had it pressed since then so the other 2 pictures are roller sets with a few inches of shrunken roots but you can still kinda get an idea of the length.

Middle is Jan 2014

Last picture is Sept 2014

I am around 5'3 in height.
Don't know exactly when I hit each length milestone as I was too focused on pregnancy to really care.

My ultimate goal is hip & I'm hoping to be there sometime next year at which point I'll head back to the salon for a nice press.

Thank y'all for the reply. This is really helping me set a time goal for me to reach MBL and WSL

I Am So Blessed

I'm easy going.
BsL - mbl 6 months. I finally got there....again. I use my back fat rolls as markers. 2.5 inches from waist length now. But what to do wants I'm there....hmmmm.

Last edited: