Is It Just Me... Or Does BSL Seem

Poranges

Positive Vibrations
:rolleyes: Let's see if you change your mind when you get there.

I am not beating myself up for not being a length, I just want it a little longer. Nothing wrong with that. But I do think my midback length is long.

I do too, that's why I'm going for MBL, but it makes me want to bang my head against a wall when I see you BSL and longer ladies complain :lol:

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
BSL is only short for the ladies that are there or close to there. for all the ladies who are shorter than SL, it seems very long.:cry4: It will take me a long time to get to BSL.

Nayeli

Nope, not just you. I'm barely grazing APL and already I can tell that BSL is going to be too short. I changed my goal to MBL a few months ago.

Wierd for me because since August 2007, I told myself I didn't want anything longer thatn BSL.................well, guess that's gone out the window.

1Aleeesha

I thought I was the only one who thought that. I have always had long hair. Aroud BSL or so, but it never seem long enough. I think I would be happy with the length, IF it was thicker. I just saw a girl yesterday in a store. She was only APL, but her hair was so think and swangin', that it seemed longer than mine. I want to be MBL, BUT with thickness and swang! How do you get this thickness to go along with the length?:scratchch

Just keep growing and once you get to MBL start to take off about this much: --- every other month or so. That way you maintain length and gain thickness. It can start to look thinner in the ends before any place else.

BSL is only short for the ladies that are there or close to there. for all the ladies who are shorter than SL, it seems very long.:cry4: It will take me a long time to get to BSL.

It won't take long. Once you get your healthy hair practices down packed, the length just comes (and goes if you're scissor happy lol)

BlackMarilyn

YES!!!! i thought it was only me!!!

it seems short on me. probably cuz i'm around 6ft. it's weird cuz i see other girls with bsl hair and the hair looks like more than twice the length of their face and on me, it just doesnt :ohwell:

i think my hair will look long when i can drape it over my shoulders and have it look more than twice the length of my face lol.

ShiShiPooPoo

I may have to change my goal too. APL doesn't seem short to me but when I curl my hair it goes up to just past shoulder and I want the curls to rest at APL. I am almost at APL.

So I guess it's on to BSL at least...

TheQueenBeeMaya

Bsl is long to me, because I haven't gotten there yet. When I firstjoinec the boards all I wanted was apl hair, and if it never grew again i'd be happy. Well, I'm an inch from apl and it's definitely not long enough! I want bsl now!

Austro-Afrikana

I haven't gotten there yet but i bet that when i get there i won't be satisfied. I too, changed my goal length from bsl to mbl.

I think it also depends on how tall you are...I'm 5'9" so BSL on me would be longer than BSL on a girl who is 5'4" IMO...

You took the words right out of my mouth.
I have a girl in my class and she is BSL but she is a tiny one, like 4'11".
When my giraffe behind at 6'1" reach BSL, it will be equivalent to WL on a shortie.
I think it definitely depends on how tall you are...Bbt then again when you see gorgeous heads of hair like Flowerhair and Chicelle..everything seems short in comparison.

SmartyPants

I may have to change my goal too. APL doesn't seem short to me but when I curl my hair it goes up to just past shoulder and I want the curls to rest at APL. I am almost at APL.

So I guess it's on to BSL at least...

Exactly.... When my hair is completely straight it's SL... but I never wear my hair completely straight so I am not claiming SL until it's SL with the curl pattern I normally wear. This is why I want WL eventually--so when I wear my normal curl pattern, it will be MBL.

cutiebe2

I think its because of LHCF. Most black women think anything longer than SL is long because 1. they have never had that length 2. They never see other black women with that length
But after being on LHCF for so long I am desensitized. When I started I said I would be happy with APL but would try for BSL just for the hell of it. Now I am about 1" past APL and I still hide my hair because its too short for me.

I want to be APL with a braidout. So I guess thats almost WL straight.

winnettag

Yup. I'm a member of HAA (Hair Anorexics Anonymous) too! :yep:
I wonder what length I will consider long, since this is the longest it's ever been and still seems short.
Darn all you WL+ LHCFers! :grin:

BostonMaria

I think its because of LHCF. Most black women think anything longer than SL is long because 1. they have never had that length 2. They never see other black women with that length
But after being on LHCF for so long I am desensitized. When I started I said I would be happy with APL but would try for BSL just for the hell of it. Now I am about 1" past APL and I still hide my hair because its too short for me.

I want to be APL with a braidout. So I guess thats almost WL straight.

Oh its definitely because of LHCF. I see women here with such long hair. It might also be my perception because I see people with BSL or APL on the street and I think wow how pretty and long. I also find myself obsessing over just how long it is. If I see a woman on the street I study her hair length and ask myself hmm am I there yet, is mine longer, if it is longer then wtf is wrong with me :lachen:

mscocoface

Mscocoface steps up to mike, taps it. Says hello to the group.

I just wanted to say hi my name is Mscocoface and I am a proud card carrying member of HAA.

I wasn't always this way, or maybe I was. A few years back I thought BSL was hair utopia then as my hair got longer and reached that point I started to crave other lengths like MBL or longer. So now my final goal I hope is to reach tail bone because, well, because snif, snif, I can't stop, I can't shake this need to have more hair. I think it started back in the day when I wore weaves or even before that when I was a little girl and would put the towel or tshirt on my head and prance in the mirror imagining I had looooong hair.

I know I am among friends here so I can say to you all I am hair anorexic.:blush:

And everyone responds - Hi MSCOCOFACE!!!!

Thank you, thank you all for making me feel so welcome. Mscocface sits down and ponders is tailbone really that long?!!? Really?!?!? :look::lachen:

I really blame this on the shrinkage factor of 99%?! What?!?!? if Jamie Fox can blame it on the alcohol I can blame my hair anorexia on the shrinkage.

PS: I really hate that song.:ohwell:

winnettag

I just wanted to say hi my name is Mscocoface and I am a proud card carrying member of HAA.

I wasn't always this way, or maybe I was. A few years back I thought BSL was hair utopia then as my hair got longer and reached that point I started to crave other lengths like MBL or longer. So now my final goal I hope is to reach tail bone because, well, because snif, snif, I can't stop, I can't shake this need to have more hair. I think it started back in the day when I wore weaves or even before that when I was a little girl and would put the towel or tshirt on my head and prance in the mirror imagining I had looooong hair.

I know I am among friends here so I can say to you all I am hair anorexic.:blush:

Thank you, thank you all for making me feel so welcome. Mscocface sits down and ponders is tailbone really that long?!!? Really?!?!? :look::lachen:

I really blame this on the shrinkage factor of 99%?! What?!?!? if Jamie Fox can blame it on the alcohol I can blame my hair anorexia on the shrinkage.

OMG! :lachen::lachen::lachen:
Hi MSCOCOFACE!

Denise11

LOL you have a very creative imagination girl!!

Filmatic

When I got to BSB I didn't even celebrate bc it wasn't long enough. I would put it in a bun bc when I straightened it, it never looked long.:perplexed

Then I BC, yeah I wish I had that problem now.

remnant

Hi MSCOCOFACE that was soo me when I was a little girl:yep: now I'm 36 and I'm craving for MB/WL hair.

discodumpling

As more of us acheive WL and longer BSL will fall into the "medium lengths" catagory...
Even as my hair approaches APL I can see that it won't be "enough" for me...but it might be enough for my hair!

Anew

It could just be you lucky ladies who are/or close to BSL, lol...

I'm near APL and I feel like my hair is extremely short. My family and friends think its long and I always give them the screw face, this stuff is NOT long, lmao...

Kacie

Aveda considers anything more than 5" past the shoulder blade to be extra long. For me that's BSL. I just realized that I'm developing a problem.

ImFree27

i'm grazing bsl now and it still seems short to me..I think once I reach waist then I may think it's long, I also think it depends on the thickness of your hair...If you have thick hair, shoulder length looks really long...my hair is not thick so bsl looks short to me...

zzirvingj

Most of time I feel like BSL on me is more "mid length" than "long".

I will admit though, if my hair were thinner, it might actually appear more "short" than "mid length"....especially if the hair is "grazing BSL" rather than "full BSL"...

Jas123

The Star of a Story
include me in this group... my back is full bsl and my sides are bottom apl and it just seems so short... i'm just hoping that when my sides reach bsl i will feel my hair is long

eta:^^^^ oooohhhh i want my sides like zzirvingj ^^^^^

Xavier

Now that I am at BSL, I don't think it is long at all. I have never had hair this length before, and BSL was my goal length when I first joined. Now that I have made it to BSL I definitely want MBL or beyond.