BT CHALLENGE UPDATES

LadyZ

I would like to hear how it is going for those in the challenge...

For me, I am liking it... My hair is in very good condition... NG is very manageable... shedding/breakage is down to normal(thank you GOD), it has thicken up too... I did post a few pictures in my BT album... You can not tell that much because I am 5 weeks post, and shrinkage has settled in, so I will see what kind of growth I have in 2 weeks:grin: ...

I want to hear from other Ladies also....

TIA

I am 5 weeks post also with more new growth than usual:yay:.I can't tell about length yet. I won't relax until Memorial Day weekend or later.

I use it every other day or so because my hair was feeling too greasy on an everyday regimen.

I'm ready to texlax my hair. I've been traveling alot lately and My hair has been in protective styles. I have so much growth since using it (second week of Feb). I would continue with my transitioning, but I've decided I don't want to BC, and twice a year texlax isn't bad. BT is no joke for me.

Well, I'm still in a sewin--getting it out next week, but I'm getting another instal the same day. So--I'm gonna keep BTing until the end of June (or later:look:) and see then. But---i do have a nice amount of newgrowth.

This challenge is my first time using BT, and I've been doing it everyday for about 2 weeks now. I'm very pleased with BT, and I already ordered my second bottle earlier this week. It's only been 3 weeks since my last touch up, and my hair is now growing out almost straight, so I'm having a hard time determining how much new growth I have. I will say that it looks like the areas where I was having breakage looks like it's had significant growth. My hair is naturally very soft, and even without a relaxer, I can blow it out pretty easily (I'm just too lazy for that :(), but it's only since I've started using BT that my new growth started coming in in very loose waves, and nearly straight in some areas, and my new growth seems to be even softer than it used to be. Since I've been taking an assortment of vitamins also, I can't be sure that it is 100% due to BT, but I think that I noticed these changes before vitamins really would have had a chance to take any noticable effect. I'm going to go to my hairdresser next week, and she'll probably be able to tell me exactly how much new growth I have (esp. since she has a much better view of my head). I think my hair is already in much better condition, and I can't wait for her to assess the condition of my hair now as compared with when I saw her a month ago.

So far so good here! I really need to update my pictures.... :(

So far it's been about a month and I have a good bit of new growth (soft and fuzzy! YAY) and it's getting a little rough to manage. I'm torn because I have a wedding to attend in May. I don't know if I want to stretch or relax and stretch through to July/August. :ohwell:

GREAT! Me & my husband LLLLOOOOVVEEE it. I just got a relaxer I stretched my relaxer for 2 extra wks. my hair was a tiny afro w/ straight hair on the end :lachen: !! But the BT is working my husband said he has more hang time now w/ his braids.:lachen: I'm not wearing it down till 4th of July so I can tell how much more it grew but it did & it appears to be thicker. One day I will learn how to do the picture signature & fotki!

abenyo said:
I'm ready to texlax my hair. I've been traveling alot lately and My hair has been in protective styles. I have so much growth since using it (second week of Feb). I would continue with my transitioning, but I've decided I don't want to BC, and twice a year texlax isn't bad. BT is no joke for me.

:) twice a year to texlax isnt bad but just know that you dont have to bc if you're going to transition. i never bc'd:grin:

Well I had to stop using BT due to the Headaches I was getting, I had even tried using it for 2x's a week and it worked great for awhile and then when I applied it again the Headaches were too bad, I had used it for like a month and I must say that my thin sides have filled in, so it worked great for that, but as far as an overall growth, I didn't experience any. But I am glad to know it has worked out for the Rest of you!!!

I started using it the last weekend in March and I'm starting to see results!
I had my hair twisted up all month, just rinsing every so often as needed.
I apply BT everyday or every other day.

Yesterday, I took my twists out and I was like:D
I had alot of growth, overall very soft as well as wavy in some places.
When I picked out my fro it was georgeous.
My mother said I looked like Angela Davis.

So this morning, I got in the shower to wash my hair, and when I stuck my fingers in it to get to scrubbin, I was like "Whoa......whose head is this, that I got my fingers all up in?"
It was so thick,I started to do a holy dance!:lol:

Come to think of it, last night my aunt mentioned how thick it looked, and she asked me about what I had done to my hair.
I was like, "Oh just doing my usual routine...."

My bad Naturallady; for a brief moment the BT slipped my mind.
I'll have to go back and school her on it.;)

This gets me to thinking......
as the company grows, and there are more and more testimonials and evidence of the products effectivesness, maybe there can be a group of women, whose progress Naturallady can monitor and document, to be company representatives!
They can go around having "BT Hair Care" Parties!
You know like makeup, tupperware, jewelry,etc...

They could sell the bottles right there on the spot to all the ladies at the parties who want to take them home that night; they get a commission,of course(can't you tell I used to be in direct sales?:lol: )

dk

honeybadgirl said:
:) twice a year to texlax isnt bad but just know that you dont have to bc if you're going to transition. i never bc'd:grin:

Thanks chiika. I was thinking about that and it was my main goal, but since this back to back traveling my hair regimen has not been the same. I noticing that it takes longer for me to do my hair, and I'm noticing more shedding. I think this is due to the fact that I don't take care of my hair the way I used to when I wasn't traveling. BC would have been the right choice, but I don't want to do it. I would love to continue transitioning but I'm itching to see the length and the process time to care for the hair is getting longer and longer, and I'm tired.:(

I have temporarily stopped using BT and started using emu oil to soften up my extremely dry scalp. After a week of use it seems to be working very well....my plan is to restart using BT in about a month or so. GL ladies.

HHG

ILuvsmuhgrass said:
So far so good here! I really need to update my pictures.... :(

So far it's been about a month and I have a good bit of new growth (soft and fuzzy! YAY) and it's getting a little rough to manage. I'm torn because I have a wedding to attend in May. I don't know if I want to stretch or relax and stretch through to July/August. :ohwell:

You don't have to relax for the wedding. You can go to your stylist and let her wash/blow dry/ style it for the occassion and then when you get home from the wedding, you can co wash it and pin it back up or whatever you do with your hair. Just offering some options other than relaxing;)

abenyo said:
Thanks chiika. I was thinking about that and it was my main goal, but since this back to back traveling my hair regimen has not been the same. I noticing that it takes longer for me to do my hair, and I'm noticing more shedding. I think this is due to the fact that I don't take care of my hair the way I used to when I wasn't traveling. BC would have been the right choice, but I don't want to do it. I would love to continue transitioning but I'm itching to see the length and the process time to care for the hair is getting longer and longer, and I'm tired.:(

:( awwww...i just wanted you to know you didnt HAVE to do it. :)

Yeah, well - thanks to BT I have to relax a week earlier than normal!! Thanks a lot Ms Naturallady for all this accelerated growth!! *angry face*

The last picture in my siggy was just taken at the end of April, and it has gotten so thick from using BT. Just last night as I was moisterizing my hair, my dh came into the bathroom and said "wow, girl your hair is thicker than last month...good girl." BT is doing a very special thing for my hair and I'm loving it!

LadyZ said:
Love THE UP DATES... KEEP THEM COMING LADIES....

THANKS

Me too! I'm stalkin' my mailman HARD, you hear me??:eek: :eek: I never look forward to Mondays, but I am now:lachen:

Continues to stalk mailman....

Hi

I'm new to the board. I've been reading a lot of good things about BT so I decided to order it. Do any of you know how long it will take to come in. I am dying to try it. :)

i am doing great with bt i am waiting to get my rebraid but i do see the new growth and its much fuller:)

For naturals or transitioners, how do you ladies track growth? I don't wear braids or twist so for me it's hard to track.

My new growth is very soft and it looks like my edges and nape are filling in nicely. However, I don't think I'm going to make it to the 14-15 weeks post relaxer that I normally do. I'll be 11 weeks post this Friday and as a Mother's Day treat to myself I'm going to see Balisi for a shampoo/condition/set. I'm hoping I can make it to at least 13 weeks.

My nape is growing out a lot and it looks crazy because it still cant fit in my bun. :lol:

But i love the new crinkles I feel when I touch my hair.

i am doing well on the challenge. so far my hair is softer and thicker. i can't wait to see how much more growth i get in the next few months

This is great growth...I can see the growth good on the sides.:)
thefineprint said:
i am doing well on the challenge. so far my hair is softer and thicker. i can't wait to see how much more growth i get in the next few months

Thanks, I just received an email on Thursday telling me it had been mailed. So it was mailed one week from the day I ordered it. Now I just have to be patient until it gets here.:)

Back