By this time next year I will...

nerdography

By this time next year I will have

Reached: APL Unstretched

Have hair that is: Healthy, Thick, Moisturized & long enough to bun.

I'll do these things to achieve these goals: Daily conditioning, weekly co-washing, using what works on my hair regardless if it's commercial or organic.

Curlykale

Reached: at least mid back longest layer, bra strap shortest layer

Have hair that is: easier to style, still healthy, strong and full

I'll do these things to achieve these goals:
no heat, natural products (or some good ingredients added), finger detangling, braidouts, deep conditioning, oil rinses, checking it at night.

Last edited:

kupenda

Oooooo me loves this thread!!

By this time next year I will have thick, shiny APL hair :).

I will achieve this by drinking more water, eating more whole foods, and taking my vitamins. I will exercise three times a week and continue to phase out conventional shampoo while increasing my obsession with conditioner in many different forms. I will m/s at least once daily, wash once per week, and DC at least once a week while keeping an eye on my protein and moisture balance. And limit relaxers to no more than four times a year. Can't wait to come back to update!

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Peace in Prose

Reached: Full APL on my way to MBL

Have hair that is: Free of BKT and me being confident in styling my own texture...

I'll do these things to achieve these goals. Lots of PSing, being consistent with my Vitamins and breaking down and investing in a Steamer.

rainbowknots

Reached: Somewhere between earlength and necklength

Hair that is 100% natural

To reach my goal I'll just continue to PS (mainly box braids) until I'm ready to make the big chop

lilyofthenile

I'll be past APL and my hair will be thick and big. The top of my hair will most likely be longer and I'll be wearing my hair out more often.

The above will happen if I take care of my hair the way I am doing right now..

Last edited:

Qtee

Reached: WLstretched

Have hair that is: healthy, no split ends and soft

I'll do these things to achieve these goals. Continue to use my low manipulation (bunning and wash and gos) little to no heat..

lotusdream

By next year I hope to be at least full BSL. I would like for my hair to be healthy and strong with no splits. I am going to reach this goal through deep conditioning, low manipulation, protective styles and little heat.

EbbonyTx

.....I Will Be APL (Stretched) & My Edges Will Be Filled Out. I'm Now Grazing SL In The Back. Braids And Twists, And Lots Of Water, Moisture , and DCing Will Hopefully Get Me There!

itsjusthair88

Chronically at BSL -_-

Reached: Full APL

Have hair that is: healthy and moisturized

I'll do these things to achieve these goals: Long-term PS, Bi-weekly DC and no heat until 2nd year nappiversary

cherxy777

Reached: BSL

Have hair that is: longer, easier to manage

I'll do these things to achieve these goals: PS 110% of the time, DC once a week, relax every 20 weeks, keep hand out of hair, enjoy my streches, shrinkage, and surprise length reveal at each relaxer :)

Rossy2010

Answer this question with your hair goals in mind.

Full APL and Grazing BSL

Have hair that is: healthier and thicker

I'll do these things to achieve these goals. Continue with my regime, PSing, plus stretch relaxers.

Jewell

By this time next year I will have...

-Reached: WL stretched or curly (the latter would be miraculous).

-Hair that is: longer, thicker, easier to style due to length.

**I'll do these things to achieve these goals: PS 100% of the time, cleanse and condition every 2 wks (using lots of moisture and heavy sealing afterwards); use wigs with hair braided underneath, and extension hair to PS with box braids, Senegalese twists, kinky twists, other types of "natural" hair styles in the form of braids and twists.

**I will also begin a scalp massage regimen (for stress relief/relaxation, scalp and hair health), and incorporate more EO's into my scalp health regimen.

**I will be PS'ing constantly for the next 8-10 months (I always have a winter PS regimen consisting of wigs or braids, and I have gotten good results the last 2 yrs I've done it).

Last edited:

Aviah

I'll be grazing BSL? Keeping blunt ends all the way down this time...
Need more water, fruits and veggies. Less fried stuff. Don't forget the exercise.
ETA: and PSing more.

Last edited:

Nat1984

By this time next year I will:

Have reached: Full APL

Have hair that is: healthy and strong

I'll do these things to achieve these goals: Cowashing, PS, DCing once a week, less heat, daily moisture and sealing, exercise

Fingers crossed it all goes to plan! :grin:

Britt

By this time next year, I aim to have much thicker hair that's below bra strap. I'm already about 2 inches from brastrap but I plan to prob do some trimming here and there to thicken things up and more importantly, stretch my relaxers !!!!

kittenz

Reached: 80 + weeks into my transition (currently 29 wks)

Have hair that is: either all natural (if I cut) or majority natural, healthy and shiny

I'll do these things to achieve these goals.: Not relax (DUH!), low manipulation, NO heat styling and DC and/or co-wash weekly.

I've got the itch to cut but I know I'd regret it. I'll wait for more length:yep:

chasturner84

Reached: MBL

Have hair that is: Thicker, stronger, and texlaxed

I'll do these things to achieve these goals: PS & DC like a mad woman and keep my moisture/protein balance in check