Calling 4a/b's: Help! My hair is Crispy!

He_Leads_I_follow

I just washed my hair with Vo5 Vanilla & Tea Clarifying CO and Vo5 Strawb. & Cream CO. It didn't feel very nice while wet:( . I put in some Vatika and Coconut oil. I blew it out a little at the the roots . And voila!... a straw hat! help!:mad:

Ms_Twana

It sounds like you may need MOISTURE. When's the last time you deep conditioned???

And this should go in the haircare tips thread.

Ms_Twana

I don't know much about Cholesterol. But if you post this in the other thread, you'll get responses from more experienced ladies. :lol:

seeminglysweet

There is nothing else you can do besides re-shampoo and condition with more moisturizing products, like the other ladies mentioned.
I know that my hair will never tolerate VO5, infact, the only shampoo that I can use is CON. You may also need a heat protectant for blow drying and a moisturizing leave-in.

WomanlyCharm

He_Leads_I_follow said:
I just washed my hair with Vo5 Vanilla & Tea Clarifying CO and Vo5 Strawb. & Cream CO. It didn't feel very nice while wet:( . I put in some Vatika and Coconut oil. I blew it out a little at the the roots . And voila!... a straw hat! help!:mad:

Ugh...in my experience, if you're going to use a clarifying product, you better deep condition afterwards, or you will be setting yourself up for dry unhappy hair.

And why does that company make a clarifying CONDITIONER? That makes no sense to me! :perplexed

Royal Glory

WomanlyCharm said:
Ugh...in my experience, if you're going to use a clarifying product, you better deep condition afterwards, or you will be setting yourself up for dry unhappy hair.

And why does that company make a clarifying CONDITIONER? That makes no sense to me! :perplexed

That's what I was thinking. When you clarify, you need to follow with deep moisture. I can't figure out why they would make a clarifying conditioner either.

MzOptimistic

I agree with the others you need to shampoo with a moisturizing shampoo and then deep condition with a moisturizing conditioner and then pat hair dry lightly with a towel and apply your leave in and I seal with olive oil and my hair is so soft and moisturized afterwards:) HHG oh I airdry:)

HoneyDew

seeminglysweet said:
There is nothing else you can do besides re-shampoo and condition with more moisturizing products, like the other ladies mentioned.
I know that my hair will never tolerate VO5, infact, the only shampoo that I can use is CON. You may also need a heat protectant for blow drying and a moisturizing leave-in.

I agree. VO5 is not good for my hair either, but I agree that more moisture and a dealing heat protectant is needed here.