Calling all hair typing experts!

almondjoi85

I know you guys are probably so sick of getting this question. But I classified myself as a type 4a/b/z. do you guys agree?

So I'm calling all typing experts to help me out... please.

Attachments

• new growth texture 1small.jpg
    new growth texture 1small.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 58

Xavier

Hair typing can be hard without a good amount of new growth. How much new growth do you think is showing in your photo? I don't see tight coils and your new growth looks a bit looser than my 4b hair so I would say 4a maybe 3C.

OT-You fotki is very nice. I love your updos and buns.

almondjoi85

luckiestdestiny

Hair typing can be hard without a good amount of new growth. How much new growth do you think is showing in your photo? I don't see tight coils and your new growth looks a bit looser than my 4b hair so I would say 4a maybe 3C.

OT-You fotki is very nice. I love your updos and buns.
Looks 4a/ possibly 3c to me. Maybe a mixture?

AfroKink

It's hard to tell. I can't see the difference between your relaxed and natural hair. But using myself as a 4b, I'd say you are in the 3c/4a area. Your curls/waves look pretty big. 4a is coffee stirer sized and 4c is pencil sized, if I'm not mistaken

Lys

Attachments

• STA72136.jpg
    STA72136.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 23

lovinmylocs

I'm no expert either, but your hair looks alot like mine. I think yours is a bit looser it's in the 4a/3c range.

LadyKaypnyc

I'd say 3c/4a, might be a little more 4a b/c the relaxed ends weight the hair down, which could give the appearance of a looser curl.

Inches411

truth is i cant tell. you need way more new growth than that to tell imo. and like others have said on the board you relaxed hair is pulling on it so thats also another factor... i think the longer you stretch the easier it will be to see your hair type.. maybe..