CALLING ALL RELAXED LADIES!!!

LushLox

Great post Hijabi, on point as per usual. :yep:

Couldn't agree more with your last statement - it's all about keeping that breakage under control. I'm glad my hair can tolerate regular protein because that's what's keeping my hair strong and on my head!!

MAMATO

My regimen as requested
=========================

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Pre-poo hair overnight with oils or Shea Butter (+Lekair Cholesterol)
- Wash, Deep Condition or Protein treatment with mostly CON, Aphogee, JOICO or Hairveda products weekly. I alternate between protein (Aphogee 2 min, Joico Kpak) and moisture (CON, Joico Moisture Recovery, Hairveda)
- Detangle with shower comb either in the shower or out.
- Apply Leave-in (Rusk, Lacio Lacio, CHI Silk or SMB mix in a spray bottle with lots of water)
- Airdry
- Flat iron on medium heat (350-360F) once every 3 months
- Rollerset with Caruso rollers
- Apply NTM Silk Touch Leave-in on dry hair + moisturizer every night (a creamy moisturizer mixed with my homemade shea butter mix). Or juice and seal with HBCO
- Cross-wrap, braid or roller set with satin sponge rollers every night
- Put on a 100% genuine silk scarf and go to sleep
- Finger comb in the morning to style and at night to set my hair for the night.
- Relaxer every 12 to 16 weeks (ORS no lye relaxer- regular)
- Trim every 4 to 6 months

Junebug D

Wash Day 1x/week
---------------------
-Prepoo w/conditioner + oil (preferably castor oil)
-Shampoo with CON
-Black tea rinse + DC (Kenra MC) for 30 minutes under hooded dryer
-Detangle, apply leave-in (either Hawaiian Silky or Giovanni Direct) & serum (John Frieda Frizz Ease)
- rollerset
(Protein treatments done as needed)

I wear some kind of bun every day. I moisturize every day with either rosewater, NTM silk touch, or Garnier Fructis Sleek & Shine. I apply a dab of avocado oil after moisturizing.

I go to the salon for a touch-up & trim every 12 weeks.

SmilingElephant

:wave:...Hey derre!!!

My Regimen is posted within my Blog (link in my siggy:) )

But for you i will post it here.....

-I co-wash 2 times a week with Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose or Suave Naturals Juicy Green Apple....i've also been using the Crece Pelo Rinse conditioner....but i don't think i'll buy it again...i like the leave-in better.

-I shampoo and deep condition on the weekends so right now i'm using Giovanni Smooth as Silk shampoo bc its sulfate free and i deep condition with Lustrasilk's Cholesterol Shea Butter Plus or Silicon Mix Bambu (for right now) or ORS Replenishing Pak...my other fave when i can afford it is Banana Brulee deep conditioner from shescentit.com....:lick:

- I use the ORS Creamy Aloe shampoo to clarify once a month....its also a chelating and neutralizing shampoo...the only sulfate shampoo i'll use.

-Moisturize and seal daily....my moisturizers and oils change frequently so i don't have a staple for that right now. I do love coconut oil and here lately jojoba oil.

-In the cooler months i use JBCO twice a week...right now i'm on the Bee Mine serum.....i also wear my hair down more often in the cooler months and do my own color rinses:yep:

On Texlax Day
-I base my scalp the nite b4 with the Hawaiian Silky relaxer baser.
-I base my scalp again the day of
-I cover my length with conditioner
-I use ORS Olive Oil Relaxer (regular strength)
-I add 2-4 tablespoons of olive oil
-Let it sit for 5 min no more than 10min

-I wash my hair about 4 times with the neutralizing shampoo.....i wash and rinse and then i wash again...let the shampoo sit for 5 minutes....rinse...wash again let it sit about 2-3 minutes.....wash again and rinse.

-After all that i deep condition with ORS Replenishing Pak or some other deep conditioner with protein.

I usually blowdry and flat iron my hair on Texlax Day and wear it straight for a week and then i'm back to co-washing and bunning and braidouts...which i suck at:laugh:...the braidouts that is.

I feel like i'm forgetting something.........:think:......i use heat no more than 2 times a month....and i use GVP silk infusion serum when i do.

sunnieb

Copied from my Fotki...:grin:

My Regimen: shampoo/DC 2x a week; co-wash 3x a week; always airdry (only allow direct heat when I get relaxer touch ups); relaxer touch ups at salon with Design Essentials Sensitive Scalp No Lye every 12 weeks.

My Products:

Shampoo: Suave Daily Clarifying(2x a month); Motions Moisture Plus/Motions CPR (weekly)

Deep Conditioners (always add 1tbsp honey and evoo <heated in microwave for 12 seconds before mixing with conditioner>): Motions After Shampoo Moisturizing Conditioner/Motions CPR Protein Reconstructor

I apply my deep conditioners like Hairlicious in this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bY-4VYxBh3A

Only difference is that I no longer twist, I just lay my hair over to the side.

***Update*** As of July 2010, I've been doing my protein deep conditioner on dry hair. It makes a difference! My hair is softer and has more bounce. I then follow up with the Motions CPR shampoo and airdry with my regular leave-ins.

Co-wash Conditioners: Garnier Fructis/Herbal Essences

Leave Ins: ORS Carrot Oil, African Royale Hot Six Oil, Extra Virgin Coconut Oil, NTM Silk Touch Leave-In, Lacio Lacio Silk Leave-In (when I’m 10-12 weeks post), Rusk Smoother

HWAY

I wash and deep condition my hair weekly with Elucence Moisture Benefits shampoo, UBH coditioner or BBD stretch creme under dryer, followed by Moisture Balancing Coditioner. My stylist relaxes my hair every 7-8 weeks.

DesiRae, have you ever used BBD stretch as a deep conditioner?
If any struggles with dryness, what do you use?

aileendq

I wash 2-3 times per week. I alternate between Pureology Scalp Care Shampoo (which has *completely* solved my dandruff/dry scalp issue) and Pureology Super Smooth shampoo (I use a semi-perm color for my grays.) My scalp can't take sulfates at ALL.

I use Moroccan Oil conditioner.

I use more MO conditioner as a leave-in, put Living Proof No Frizz Straight Making cream in, followed by a nickel-sized dollop of Moroccan Oil. I blow dry on low/medium in large sections w/ a paddle brush then use a large round brush to finish. I oil my ends after each section w/Kemi Oyl then I wrap in a silk scarf.

I relax every 2 months and the following week I usually BKT. Now that the cooler weather is here, I plan on BKTing once every 6-8 weeks and forgoing the relaxer until I can't take it anymore- we'll see how long that lasts.

In between washings, I lightly oil my ends w/Kemi Oyl 2-3 a day and I wear my hair wrapped w/ a silk scarf to bed except the day before I wash. I color touch up as needed (have a lot of grays) b/c it's a semi-perm color w/no ammonia or peroxide. My hair grows about an inch a month now, due to my protein, Biotin, MSM & Omega 3-6-9 supplements.

I still have some issues w/retention, though, so I only wear my hair out 1 day per week. Most days it's in a bun w/spin pins (my ends are lightly oiled before making the bun). I'm starting to feel like a boring old lady!

You'll notice I don't have a DC in my rotation. I've been SUCH a slacker with this for two reasons. One, I need to find one that is BKT compatible. Two, pure laziness...

Last edited:

blackberry815

Moisturize and Seal twice a day
Wash and condition once per week (any shampoo or conditioner until I use up what I have which is too much stuff)
Deep Condition with every wash(Elasta- QP DPR-11 mixed with Alter Ego Garlic Conditioner and coconut oil and aphogee 2 minute reconstructor.)
Rollerset- once all the rollers are in I spray my head with aphogee keratin green tea.

I'm trying to get my relaxers to every 12 weeks from now on but so far I've only been able to get to 7 weeks... gotta do better.

sirxn

Loved the responses in this thread and I am sure someone else out there can benefit from this information, so I'm bumping. :grin:

My regimen is pretty basic right now since I'm still getting used to relaxing my hair.

Regimen
I stretch my relaxers for about 10-12 weeks and I'm going to add a mid-protein step to my routine as per the advice of many of the ladies here. I deep condition weekly but only do so using heat once a month. I don't sit under the dryer for longer than 30 minutes (done using a plastic cap). I co-wash on Wednesdays and I shampoo and condition on Saturdays (also DC day). I moisturize twice each day and also wrap and seal my ends with oil at night. I also oil my scalp with a Shea butter, Jojoba oil, and Coconut oil blend after each wash (no more than once a week).

And protective styles are a must. I try to bun, French roll, etc. my hair as often as possible..

Products
  • Silk Elements Mild Relaxer with Shea Butter & Silk Protein
  • Neutralizing Shampoo
  • LeKair Cholesterol Plus (add a little honey and/or Argan oil to the mix and leave it on for about two hours; if using heat only 30 minutes)
  • Aphogee's Keratin 2 minute Reconstructor (mid protein step)
  • Suave Professionals Almond + Shea Butter Shampoo
  • Suave Professionals Almond + Shea Butter Conditioner
  • Suave Naturals Coconut Milk/Green Apple (co-wash only)
  • Cantu Shea Butter Grow Strong Strengthening Treatment (daily moisturizer)
  • Cantu Shea Butter Leave-In Conditioner
  • Garnier Fructis Sleek & Shine Leave-in (helps with my frizz)
  • Jojoba Oil
  • Coconut Oil
  • Shea Butter
  • ORS Olive Oil Sheen Spray (used when I wrap my hair at night)
  • ORS Olive Oil Wrap/Set Mousse (used when I wrap my hair at night and roller set my hair)
  • CHI 44 Iron Guard (only when I flat iron, which is only once in a while)
  • CHI Infra Treatment (only when I flat iron)

The only set back that I've had is some breakage in the crown of my head. I think it had to do with poor neutralizing/rinsing and the relaxer may have been too strong, resulting in over processing.

AlliCat

Weekly Regimen
- Pre-poo w/ coconut oil
- Shampoo
- DC for 1 hour w/ heat cap OR protein treatment
- Co-wash a few times per week too cold right now
- Air dry & protective style
- Moisturize and seal daily
- Sleep with a satin scarf and silk pillowcase

When I'm in cornrows, my regimen is a little different. I shampoo and condition whenever it's really itchy. Moisturize and seal daily. Oil ends and scalp with JBCO a couple times a week. My hair retains the most length with this braids regimen.

halee_J

Don't worry be happy
My regimen:

1-2x a week:

1.Pre-poo with ceramide oil for 1 hr-overnight
2.Shampoo with ORS creamy aloe
3.Roux PC for 2 min
4.Light/medium protein treatment 5-15 min
5.Moisture DC for at least 1 hr, no heat
6. Moisturize & seal w/ceramide oil
7. Airdry
8. Up in a bun

Moisturize and seal daily between washes.

Henna every 4-6 weeks. I use clear rinses when I'm out of henna. Relaxer 2x a year; right now trying to cut down to 1x a year. I PS daily, trim 1-2 a year.

Products:

- Moisturizers: Luster's S-curl, sometimes mixed with a little conditioner
-Oils: Rice bran, hempseed, EVOO
-Protein conditioners: Alfaparf rigen, Aphogee 2 minute reconstructor, AO Island naturals
-Moisture DCs: AO white Camellia, AO honeysuckle rose, ORS replenishing (fav), Matrix Ultra Hydrating Balm.

Last edited:

ATLcutey20

:bump:

Wash 1x/week
-DC on dry hair w/ Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose Cond for 1hr
-poo w/ Giovanni TTT
-2 min Aphogee Reconstructor w/ plastic cap for 2-5mins
-Elasta QP Fortifying Conditoner for detangling

Daily
-Moisturize w/ HE LTR or DB Avocado & Wild Plum Creme
-Seal w/ Vatika oil

Relax
-every 8-12 wks w/ ORS no lye relaxer (normal)
-cover previous relaxed hair w/ Vatika oil
-mid protein treatment w/ Aphogee 2min Reconstructor for 5mins

Misc
-no direct heat for a year
-comb only on wash day
-clarify w/ Pantene classic clean shampoo
-DC w/ ORS hair mayo the week before & after relaxer

Last edited:

pebbles2011

I have finally made a regimen that I follow righteously:-

Relax every 12 weeks
Weave after week 3 to 4