Calling all Type 3s! Plz post your big chop/ shorter hair pics!

Diva_Esq

I am over 8 months post and contemplating a big chop soon!

I'd like to get some ideas as to wash & go's, puffs, rod/ roller sets, or any other style that I could do on my Type 3 hair if I cut it.

Please & thank you!!!!

Well, Im a 3b and I began transitioning in 2005 but I never big chopped. If youre a heat user, it shouldnt be too hard to match up the textures. I have no idea how many 3's actually do the bc but Id love to see some. Sorry I couldnt help :lol:

FlowerHair

Reclaiming my time
When my hair was short, I didn't do anything but wear it down.
It's very easy with short hair...

It will probably be really cute just wearing it down and curly :)

Triniwegian

This is my BC.
I transitioned for a whole year and ended up at 6".
It was very short, too short to put in a bun or puff.

Attachments

• BIG CHOP1.jpg
    BIG CHOP1.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 253

Ltown

Greyland
I'm 3b/c and have transition for 15 months and will bc next week about 1-2 from the front the rest is natural. I have enough hair to bun/pony but I'll still be in the training phase. It will be hit/miss until I figure out the products and techniques. Good luck!

Last edited:

Diva_Esq

When my hair was short, I didn't do anything but wear it down.
It's very easy with short hair...

It will probably be really cute just wearing it down and curly :)

Yea, you're probably right. I just wanted to see what others' hair looked like. I'm really trying to give my DH an idea of how it will look and prep myself at the same time. I've never had hair shorter than chin length, and that was because of drastic cuts of 8" or more. :blush:

Do you have your BC pics in your profile, fotki or blog?

FlowerHair

Reclaiming my time
^^^^Here is my hair in 1995 when it was short, not super short, but still :D

Attachments

• Face 1995.jpg
    Face 1995.jpg
    8.8 KB · Views: 201

PikiNiki

Thanks for this thread. I'm transitioning too (23 wks post). I'm a 3, but not sure which one. I'm very curious as to how my hair will look fully natural also. Keep the pics coming ladies! Cali*Rocks, love your hair!

Mz.MoMo5235

i didnt bc cause i was scared to. i did mini chops over a course of 2yrs and flat ironed the whole time :( i wish i would have though, but i dont think i was mentally there yet lol

Carrie A

I'm a 3/4 (fine cottony) combination and have some pics in my fotki. The link's in my profile. I chopped after a year. The thing I would do differently is to get my hair cut into a style like a graduated bob. Then it will fall into the style in the curly state. When it grows out you won't have a soul glo mullet.

Nice & Wavy

This is my hair after 10 months of transistioning:

Eritreladiee

1st pic = bald-headed, i'd wear a head tie sometimes (looking back it was quite ridiculous)

2nd/3rd pic = i fingertwirled with conditioner (Terry's method) so my hair looks extra curly. I just used bobby pins

4th= blow dried, then took down loose bantu knots

5th= flat-ironed

I really don't have many pictures, but another style i'd do is flat twists at the front and leave the back out curly fro. Sometimes I'd do that with cornrows as well. The remainder of days would be wash n go's- sometimes with head bands, head ties, bobby pins or sometimes without any accessories.

Attachments

• baldheadedoutside.jpg
    baldheadedoutside.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 106
  • fingertwirl.jpg
    fingertwirl.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 120
  • fingertwirl2.jpg
    fingertwirl2.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 140
  • blowdry.jpg
    blowdry.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 99
  • flatironed.jpg
    flatironed.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 98

a_shoe_6307

This was about 2 months after my BC. For some reason I don't have nay pics of my hair natural when it was long :perplexed.

Tinkerbell19

hey you can look at my siggy for when i had a bob and check out my album for other pics of when i grew my hair out with no heat and ps. :grin:
good luck!!

Vonnieluvs08

This was about 2 months after my BC. For some reason I don't have nay pics of my hair natural when it was long :perplexed.

Love your hair!! OT-Corrine Bailey Rae is my inspiration too!! I can't wait for her new album either.

OP I don't think i'm a 3 but I have texture shots in my Fotki of my BC up til today.

Diva_Esq

^^^^Here is my hair in 1995 when it was short, not super short, but still :D

Adorable pic! :)

I'm a 3/4 (fine cottony) combination and have some pics in my fotki. The link's in my profile. I chopped after a year. The thing I would do differently is to get my hair cut into a style like a graduated bob. Then it will fall into the style in the curly state. When it grows out you won't have a soul glo mullet.

I love your texture. I'm soooooooo dying to see what mine will be like without relaxed ends! :lachen: @ soul glow mullet! :)

This is my hair after 10 months of transistioning:

Very cute! Love the spirals at the back! :)

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
1st pic of my 2nd BC hubby did to get rid of last relaxed ends. 2nd pic of it now.3rs pic is a sock bun I did recently.

ForumRunner_20130410_134004.jpg

ForumRunner_20130410_134024.jpg

ForumRunner_20130410_134052.jpg

wavezncurlz

LHCF addict
I'll tag Diva_Esq
She's kept a good log of her hair from BC to now.

I didn't BC so I don't have any pictures of really short hair. Here's a big cut that I had a couple of years ago now. It was so easy to do my hair then.

Attachments

• haircut.jpg
    haircut.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 77

jesusislove1526

The first two pictures are when I first cut the perm off. I transitioned for 14 months and 3 weeks. After that are pictures of what I did with my hair while it was shorter.

Attachments

• 5-22-11--After the Dye 2.jpg
    5-22-11--After the Dye 2.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 62
  • 5-22-11--After the Dye.jpg
    5-22-11--After the Dye.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 61
  • 5-26-11--1st Set of Twists 2.jpg
    5-26-11--1st Set of Twists 2.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 51
  • 6-6-11--Loosened Twists Braided Roots 2.jpg
    6-6-11--Loosened Twists Braided Roots 2.jpg