Camille Rose Curlaide vs Almond Jai Twisting Butters (Difference?)

Smiley79

Sorry if this has already been posted; search is still down:

To those of you who have used the Camille Rose products can you give me an idea of the difference between the Curlaide Butter and the Almond Jai Twisting Butter. I'm natural, low porosity, 4b texture and I'm looking for a product to help me achieve great definition with my twists...I don't really have much curls and waves naturally so I really depend on a good product to help me achieve my twist outs. Gel is not for me :nono: so I'm on the hunt for a good product.
(Other product recommendations are welcome.:yep:)

KiWiStyle

Realtor & Foodie

To those of you who have used the Camille Rose products can you give me an idea of the difference between the Curlaide Butter and the Almond Jai Twisting Butter. I'm natural, low porosity, 4b texture and I'm looking for a product to help me achieve great definition with my twists...I don't really have much curls and waves naturally so I really depend on a good product to help me achieve my twist outs. Gel is not for me :nono: so I'm on the hunt for a good product.

Curlaide isn't heavy enough for really defined twists/out, it is very moisturizing though. I haven't tried the Almond Jai TB on my DD's twists but I can imagine its a better hold thus the name.

Sent from my SM-N900V using LHCF

Rastafarai

I tried both and personally prefer the Almond Jai. It has a thicker consistency and better melts into my hair. The Curlaide just sat on my strands.

Smiley79

Thank you for the replies ladies...I think I will try the Almond Jai butter. I'll give my review after trying it.

NaturalBritt87

I haven't tried the curlaide but the almond jai is my boo thang, tried and true! It never fails to give me moisture and definition no matter what I pair it under it or seal with. I'm talkin don't have to re-moisturize for 4-5 days at a time moisture. Try it, I think you'll love it and it smells like vanilla cake batter to me :lick:

AgeinATL

I'm low porosity, 4b and the JAI is my HG. Like some of the other ladies said, the Curlaide just sat on my hair and made it greasy. I would give the JAI a 6 for definition and a 10 for moisture. I hope you love it as much as I do!

uofmpanther

4ab, lopo, fine, low-med density
Dirto to everything said so far. I'm a 4a/b and i love the almond jai. The curlaid sat on my hair and made it hard.

Recently, I tried the aloe whipped buttee gel. It is very similar to the Jai