Can a Person Be a Christian and Not go to Church?

Southernbella.

I question everything. If what he says does not line up with the Bible it's a no no is by book. Every church I know of around here is like that, you don't question the minister. It's almost is like man puts him up there with GD.:sad:

See, that's what I'm saying. I love my old pastor, don't get me wrong, but there were a lot of...untruths...in a lot of what he preached. He would always say "study on your own and if it doesn't line up, you don't have to accept it", but the vibe was very different. It was clear that if you were questioning anything, it was the devil trying to cause confusion.

Once I left and really started studying without the cloud of the church's vision, I got so much more from my Bible. I didn't feel that pressure anymore, and I heard the Holy Spirit speaking much more clearly.

Aveena

How do you ladies think this scripture applies to the life of the modern Christian?

1 John 2:27

27But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.

There are other scriptures about the Holy Spirit teaching us all things...I guess my question is...did God really intend for church to be the way it is now, with one man giving a message and the members accepting this as truth? (I'm not saying it's like this in every church). In many churches, there is no questioning the man of God. If you submit to his authority as pastor, then you accept what he teaches.

What do you ladies think?

very interesting.... I read the entire chapter just to get a feel for the verse in context.... very interesting. Thanks for sharing.

motherx2esq

I am a Christian, have been for years. It took me a long time to find a church home but I was still a Christian during that time.

Nice & Wavy

How do you ladies think this scripture applies to the life of the modern Christian?

1 John 2:27

27But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.

There are other scriptures about the Holy Spirit teaching us all things...I guess my question is...did God really intend for church to be the way it is now, with one man giving a message and the members accepting this as truth? (I'm not saying it's like this in every church). In many churches, there is no questioning the man of God. If you submit to his authority as pastor, then you accept what he teaches.

What do you ladies think?

I don't think there should be any one person that anyone should take what they say as bond. We must always take what is being said by what the scriptures teach.

However, in that....here you can see what Jesus instructed Peter to do:

"....Feed my lambs." John 21:15:b

"....Take care of my sheep." John 21:16b

"....Feed my sheep." John 21:17b

Here is when the Church was first established:

Acts 2: 14-47 says this: (I copied and pasted this...too much to type...lol)

14 But Peter, standing up with the eleven, lifted up his voice, and spake forth unto them, saying, Ye men of Judaea, and all ye that dwell at Jerusalem, be this known unto you, and give ear unto my words.

15 For these are not drunken, as ye suppose; seeing it is but the third hour of the day.

16 but this is that which hath been spoken through the prophet Joel:

17 And it shall be in the last days, saith God, I will pour forth of my Spirit upon all flesh: And your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, And your young men shall see visions, And your old men shall dream dreams:

18 Yea and on my servants and on my handmaidens in those days Will I pour forth of my Spirit; and they shall prophesy.

19 And I will show wonders in the heaven above, And signs on the earth beneath; Blood, and fire, and vapor of smoke:

20 The sun shall be turned into darkness, And the moon into blood, Before the day of the Lord come, That great and notable day.

21 And it shall be, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved.

22 Ye men of Israel, hear these words: Jesus of Nazareth, a man approved of God unto you by mighty works and wonders and signs which God did by him in the midst of you, even as ye yourselves know;

23 him, being delivered up by the determinate counsel and foreknowledge of God, ye by the hand of lawless men did crucify and slay:

24 whom God raised up, having loosed the pangs of death: because it was not possible that he should be holden of it.

25 For David saith concerning him, I beheld the Lord always before my face; For he is on my right hand, that I should not be moved:

26 Therefore my heart was glad, and my tongue rejoiced; Moreover my flesh also shall dwell in hope:

27 Because thou wilt not leave my soul unto Hades, Neither wilt thou give thy Holy One to see corruption.

28 Thou madest known unto me the ways of life; Thou shalt make me full of gladness with thy countenance.

29 Brethren, I may say unto you freely of the patriarch David, that he both died and was buried, and his tomb is with us unto this day.

30 Being therefore a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins he would set one upon his throne;

31 he foreseeing this spake of the resurrection of the Christ, that neither was he left unto Hades, nor did his flesh see corruption.

32 This Jesus did God raise up, whereof we all are witnesses.

33 Being therefore by the right hand of God exalted, and having received of the Father the promise of the Holy Spirit, he hath poured forth this, which ye see and hear.

34 For David ascended not into the heavens: but he saith himself, The Lord said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand,

35 Till I make thine enemies the footstool of thy feet.

36 Let all the house of Israel therefore know assuredly, that God hath made him both Lord and Christ, this Jesus whom ye crucified.

37 Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and the rest of the apostles, Brethren, what shall we do?

38 And Peter said unto them, Repent ye, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ unto the remission of your sins; and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

39 For to you is the promise, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call unto him.

40 And with many other words he testified, and exhorted them, saying, Save yourselves from this crooked generation.

41 They then that received his word were baptized: and there were added unto them in that day about three thousand souls.

42 And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' teaching and fellowship, in the breaking of bread and the prayers.

43 And fear came upon every soul: and many wonders and signs were done through the apostles.

44 And all that believed were together, and had all things common;

45 and they sold their possessions and goods, and parted them to all, according as any man had need.

46 And day by day, continuing stedfastly with one accord in the temple, and breaking bread at home, they took their food with gladness and singleness of heart,

47 praising God, and having favor with all the people. And the Lord added to them day by day those that were saved.
Now, I wanted to really show the bolded verses, because it shows Peter speaking to a congregation of people, who never heard the word before, and then shows how their lives changed by the message that was preached.

The Lord begin to add daily, those who were saved....thus, church was formed.

Now, verse 42 shows that the people continued steadfastly or continually in the Apostles teachings. They listened to the men of God.

Now, further on in the book of Acts, we see that the Holy Spirit sent them off to do the work in other areas of the world as well, therefore they were given the ok to ordain men to preach this message to others. Someone had to stay behind with those that were first preached the Gospel message, right?

This is where you can say that there were ordained, pastors, teachers, deacons, etc...for the work of the ministry and for the edifying of the saints.

Nice & Wavy

I question everything. If what he says does not line up with the Bible it's a no no is by book. Every church I know of around here is like that, you don't question the minister. It's almost is like man puts him up there with GD.:sad:

I agree with you about questioning things.

I know for a fact, as a pastor and a member of the Body of Christ, that if I put man up on some kind of pedestal and listen to every word that he/she says, then I have to question my own faith and where I stand as a born again believer in Jesus Christ.

The bible clearly states for us to "do not believe every spirit, but test the spirit to see if they are from God, because there are many false prophets have gone out into the world." I John 4:1

We have to discern everything because there are things that satan puts out there to deceive all man, even the very elect of God.

Nice & Wavy

star
vbmenu_register("postmenu_3434199", true);
God Is!!
Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius

Re: Can a Person Be a Christian and Not go to Church?
Yes, you can be a Christian and not go to Church but the question will be how strong of Christian will you be. In unity there is strength and of course the bible talks about not forsaking yourself together. In addtion, God places people together to do his work in the community. Your family is your ministry but there may be other places God can use you. God ordianed pastors and leaders to help people find their spiritual identity in Jesus.

If someone house burn down the first place the go is the Church. The Church is now a considered a entity that revives people and help the empowered the community becasue of the gospel of Jesus Christ.

Lastly, becoming a Christian is confession and repentance to God with emersion of the water just like Jesus did. But what you do after that will determine your success as a Christian. Having success and power in Jesus takes home, Church, community, friends and a divine initmate relationship with Christ.

Amen, Sister!! My thoughts exactly. Along with attending a church and being under spiritual leadership, is the accountability to the Body of Christ. It is a lot easier for people to backslide when they are not in a church and don't have responsibility. One of the first visible signs of backsliding is when people stop coming to church.

I do agree with many of the statements that have been made, as we are all aware that the early churches began in people's homes. However, spiritually everyone has been assigned to a leader, and it may be by not attending a church you are not receiving (or are missing out on) the word that God has for you through the shephard he has placed over you. I can't imagine how spiritually immature I would be if I didn't attend church.

In the mean while, I pray you all find a wonderful church home that you can receive the pure unadulterated word of God!! There is strength when we come together as a body.

Thank you for your post and yes, I have a wonderful church home that I attend and am so blessed to be around such loving, caring, wonderful people!

Southernbella.

I don't think there should be any one person that anyone should take what they say as bond. We must always take what is being said by what the scriptures teach.

However, in that....here you can see what Jesus instructed Peter to do:

"....Feed my lambs." John 21:15:b

"....Take care of my sheep." John 21:16b

"....Feed my sheep." John 21:17b

Here is when the Church was first established:

Acts 2: 14-47 says this: (I copied and pasted this...too much to type...lol)

14 But Peter, standing up with the eleven, lifted up his voice, and spake forth unto them, saying, Ye men of Judaea, and all ye that dwell at Jerusalem, be this known unto you, and give ear unto my words.

15 For these are not drunken, as ye suppose; seeing it is but the third hour of the day.

16 but this is that which hath been spoken through the prophet Joel:

17 And it shall be in the last days, saith God, I will pour forth of my Spirit upon all flesh: And your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, And your young men shall see visions, And your old men shall dream dreams:

18 Yea and on my servants and on my handmaidens in those days Will I pour forth of my Spirit; and they shall prophesy.

19 And I will show wonders in the heaven above, And signs on the earth beneath; Blood, and fire, and vapor of smoke:

20 The sun shall be turned into darkness, And the moon into blood, Before the day of the Lord come, That great and notable day.

21 And it shall be, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved.

22 Ye men of Israel, hear these words: Jesus of Nazareth, a man approved of God unto you by mighty works and wonders and signs which God did by him in the midst of you, even as ye yourselves know;

23 him, being delivered up by the determinate counsel and foreknowledge of God, ye by the hand of lawless men did crucify and slay:

24 whom God raised up, having loosed the pangs of death: because it was not possible that he should be holden of it.

25 For David saith concerning him, I beheld the Lord always before my face; For he is on my right hand, that I should not be moved:

26 Therefore my heart was glad, and my tongue rejoiced; Moreover my flesh also shall dwell in hope:

27 Because thou wilt not leave my soul unto Hades, Neither wilt thou give thy Holy One to see corruption.

28 Thou madest known unto me the ways of life; Thou shalt make me full of gladness with thy countenance.

29 Brethren, I may say unto you freely of the patriarch David, that he both died and was buried, and his tomb is with us unto this day.

30 Being therefore a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins he would set one upon his throne;

31 he foreseeing this spake of the resurrection of the Christ, that neither was he left unto Hades, nor did his flesh see corruption.

32 This Jesus did God raise up, whereof we all are witnesses.

33 Being therefore by the right hand of God exalted, and having received of the Father the promise of the Holy Spirit, he hath poured forth this, which ye see and hear.

34 For David ascended not into the heavens: but he saith himself, The Lord said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand,

35 Till I make thine enemies the footstool of thy feet.

36 Let all the house of Israel therefore know assuredly, that God hath made him both Lord and Christ, this Jesus whom ye crucified.

37 Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and the rest of the apostles, Brethren, what shall we do?

38 And Peter said unto them, Repent ye, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ unto the remission of your sins; and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

39 For to you is the promise, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call unto him.

40 And with many other words he testified, and exhorted them, saying, Save yourselves from this crooked generation.

41 They then that received his word were baptized: and there were added unto them in that day about three thousand souls.

42 And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' teaching and fellowship, in the breaking of bread and the prayers.

43 And fear came upon every soul: and many wonders and signs were done through the apostles.

44 And all that believed were together, and had all things common;

45 and they sold their possessions and goods, and parted them to all, according as any man had need.

46 And day by day, continuing stedfastly with one accord in the temple, and breaking bread at home, they took their food with gladness and singleness of heart,

47 praising God, and having favor with all the people. And the Lord added to them day by day those that were saved.
Now, I wanted to really show the bolded verses, because it shows Peter speaking to a congregation of people, who never heard the word before, and then shows how their lives changed by the message that was preached.

The Lord begin to add daily, those who were saved....thus, church was formed.

Now, verse 42 shows that the people continued steadfastly or continually in the Apostles teachings. They listened to the men of God.

Now, further on in the book of Acts, we see that the Holy Spirit sent them off to do the work in other areas of the world as well, therefore they were given the ok to ordain men to preach this message to others. Someone had to stay behind with those that were first preached the Gospel message, right?

This is where you can say that there were ordained, pastors, teachers, deacons, etc...for the work of the ministry and for the edifying of the saints.

Thank you for your response!

Let me ask you this...do you think the early church ran the way churches run today...with a single pastor heading it up, and only him preaching a sermon on Sunday? I can't remember where I read it, but I remember reading about the history of the early church, and that fellowship back then included the people asking Paul and the others questions and talking amongst each other. I'm going to try to find that.

Southernbella.

I know for a fact, as a pastor and a member of the Body of Christ, that if I put man up on some kind of pedestal and listen to every word that he/she says, then I have to question my own faith and where I stand as a born again believer in Jesus Christ.

The bible clearly states for us to "do not believe every spirit, but test the spirit to see if they are from God, because there are many false prophets have gone out into the world." I John 4:1

We have to discern everything because there are things that satan puts out there to deceive all man, even the very elect of God.

I agree, but what if your church teaches that if the man of God says something, it is straight from God (and many churches teach this? The Holy Sprit doesn't contradict Himself...so if the pastor says God is speaking through him, yet it contradicts what you read and hear in your own studies, then how do you reconcile that? Obviously, no church is perfect, but if you get more of the truth studying on your own and with other brothers and sisters than you do in a sermon, what do you do.

Mind you, I don't think this is an issue at churches where there is actual teaching straight from the Bible, but I'm talking about places where there is "revelation" and "a new vision".

Southernbella.

One more question...:grin: What if 95% of what is taught is right, but 5% is false teaching? I know someone who was dealing with this, and her spirit was grieved for a long time. She finally left that church, and she has yet to find another because once she started really studying, her standards went way up.

PaperClip

You all are having a rich conversation here.... I'll just keep listening/reading after this point.

I believe it was Adequate who made the point about folk being hurt and/or disengaged by the church as a predominant reason for lack of attendance. I believe that if we took a survey, that would get high marks.

One thing I do know is that there is NO PERFECT CHURCH, only a PERFECT LORD. So while a church, just like a spouse, isn't perfect, there's a place and space for the assembly of believers to come together and fellowship and encourage one another in the Lord.

(chuckle) Think about it this way: every church you could say began as a small group meeting in a home. There may be a time and season for a person and/or family to do that because that may be the way the Lord wants to do some inner healing....

I would encourage you all to be open to the leading of the Lord to lead you to a church where you can not only go to fellowship or to be served, but for you TO SERVE. You all have gifts and talents that the Body of Christ needs beyond your small group, your four and no more...again, moving in the right time and season....

Peace and blessings and COURAGE....

Southernbella.

You all are having a rich conversation here.... I'll just keep listening/reading after this point.

I believe it was Adequate who made the point about folk being hurt and/or disengaged by the church as a predominant reason for lack of attendance. I believe that if we took a survey, that would get high marks.

One thing I do know is that there is NO PERFECT CHURCH, only a PERFECT LORD. So while a church, just like a spouse, isn't perfect, there's a place and space for the assembly of believers to come together and fellowship and encourage one another in the Lord.

(chuckle) Think about it this way: every church you could say began as a small group meeting in a home. There may be a time and season for a person and/or family to do that because that may be the way the Lord wants to do some inner healing....

I would encourage you all to be open to the leading of the Lord to lead you to a church where you can not only go to fellowship or to be served, but for you TO SERVE. You all have gifts and talents that the Body of Christ needs beyond your small group, your four and no more...again, moving in the right time and season....

Do you think a person can serve others without the aid of a church?

Nice & Wavy

Thank you for your response!

Let me ask you this...do you think the early church ran the way churches run today...with a single pastor heading it up, and only him preaching a sermon on Sunday? I can't remember where I read it, but I remember reading about the history of the early church, and that fellowship back then included the people asking Paul and the others questions and talking amongst each other. I'm going to try to find that.

You are welcome, lauren.

No, the church is not run the same way.

However, there can be no man that is an island. There has to be others to assist him and be apart of the work of the ministry. That's what makes up the part of the Body of Christ. ie: Someone has to be the head (which is Jesus), then there is the neck...(can you imagine a person who has a head just on a body and no neck? LOL) then the shoulders, arms, hands, etc.

We are to be of one body. But, I do believe that there has to be someone that God has ordained to take the leadership role. Let me give you and example why:

On the job there has to be a boss (leader) of the company. Although he is the boss, he still has to have someone under him that is capable of doing a job of managing the company. The manager has to have a supervisor (or several depending on the size of the company) and then there are the employees.

If everybody is the boss, what will ensue? There will be total chaos! Nobody would get any work done because everybody would want to do what they want to do and no one will have the vision of the leader (boss) about the company. The company will fold...and the people will be out of a job, therefore can't take care of their family, etc.

Now, if the boss tried to do everything in the company, he will burn out because he can't do it all. He needs the others to help him so that everything that is needed to be accomplished will be.

Order is necessary for the church and the Lord knew that, that is why men were ordained to leadership within the Church.

When people come from under the headship (Christ) and do their own thing, this is where you begin to see the mess we see in our world today within the church, whether it be in the pulpit or in the pews.

PaperClip

Do you think a person can serve others without the aid of a church?

Of course. It's not an either/or. It's a matter of assignment/purpose.... and if holds (righteous or otherwise) reluctance/hostility toward the institution, then one could be dodging their assignment....

Jonah tried to run....LOL!

Southernbella.

Of course. It's not an either/or. It's a matter of assignment/purpose.... and if holds (righteous or otherwise) reluctance/hostility toward the institution, then one could be dodging their assignment....

Jonah tried to run....LOL!

LOL. I've seen the opposite too, though. People get so comfortable going to church twice a week and tithing, they think that's the extent ot their service, or they believe they are serving by proxy.

I wonder what would happen if God called us all out of church and into the world. In fact, I'd love that.:yep:

Nice & Wavy

I agree, but what if your church teaches that if the man of God says something, it is straight from God (and many churches teach this? The Holy Sprit doesn't contradict Himself...so if the pastor says God is speaking through him, yet it contradicts what you read and hear in your own studies, then how do you reconcile that? Obviously, no church is perfect, but if you get more of the truth studying on your own and with other brothers and sisters than you do in a sermon, what do you do.

Mind you, I don't think this is an issue at churches where there is actual teaching straight from the Bible, but I'm talking about places where there is "revelation" and "a new vision".

I have to again question where are you in your walk with God that you have to listen to what the man of God is saying and not hearing from the Holy Spirit.

The bible says our obediance is to God. We must respect those who are in authority over us, but if something is out of order and I know this, then I question the leader, in love and respect, about what I think I heard him/her say. Sometimes, it's important to do this because we can think we have heard something and that person meant something totally different.

If the leader then says something to me personally that I know is totally off base and will not be willing to listen to me about my reservations, then I will make a decision, based on what the Lord is telling me.

Southernbella.

I have to again question where are you in your walk with God that you have to listen to what the man of God is saying and not hearing from the Holy Spirit.

The bible says our obediance is to God. We must respect those who are in authority over us, but if something is out of order and I know this, then I question the leader, in love and respect, about what I think I heard him/her say. Sometimes, it's important to do this because we can think we have heard something and that person meant something totally different.

If the leader then says something to me personally that I know is totally off base and will not be willing to listen to me about my reservations, then I will make a decision, based on what the Lord is telling me.

ITA with you. That's why I don't begrudge anyone their outside fellowship. Maybe it's just the area I'm in, but it's HARD to find a place that allows for anyone to question or correct the leadership (in love, of course). It's also hard to find a pastor who is truly teaching the Word, even 90% of the time.

I understand the analogy about the spouse, but the thing is...at what point do you say, hey, this person probably won't change? This person is great 90% of the time, but then they straight lie to me the other 10%? You move on, at some point.:yep:

I'm enjoying this discussion, ladies!

I want to know more thoughts on that 1 John passage too, yall.:grin:

Nice & Wavy

One more question...:grin: What if 95% of what is taught is right, but 5% is false teaching? I know someone who was dealing with this, and her spirit was grieved for a long time. She finally left that church, and she has yet to find another because once she started really studying, her standards went way up.

They aren't perfect and neither is she.

I have to question...did she go to the pastor with her reservations? Did she talk to the other leadership in the church about her concerns?
Because she is not going to church now and her standards has gone way up, what is she doing that will change her situation and make it better? Is she going to begin a home church where she can get the word and help to build up other believers and non-believers who also don't go to church?

These are very important questions to ask her, lauren.

Nice & Wavy

I appreciate your input and wise counsel, RR. Thank you.:yep:

Nice & Wavy

LOL. I've seen the opposite too, though. People get so comfortable going to church twice a week and tithing, they think that's the extent ot their service, or they believe they are serving by proxy.

I wonder what would happen if God called us all out of church and into the world. In fact, I'd love that.:yep:

Lauren, He already has...from the foundation of the church.

That's what evangelism is about. Going out into the world and preaching the Gospel to every person. I do it all the time...there are so many people that come to salvation. I pray for people on the corners, in the subways, in the supermarkets, Walmart, Target, wherever the Lord leads.

It's awesome, Lauren and you should do it.

Now, when you do....who then is going to disciple the people? Where will they go? How will they know how to live a productive, Christian lifestyle?

Are you going to open up your doors for them or are you going to send them somewhere to be discipled or are you going to say, "ok, be blessed...have a nice day?"

I'm not trying to be a hard-nose here but this is a serious question that I would like for you to answer.

Thanks, lauren.

Southernbella.

They aren't perfect and neither is she.

I have to question...did she go to the pastor with her reservations? Did she talk to the other leadership in the church about her concerns?
Because she is not going to church now and her standards has gone way up, what is she doing that will change her situation and make it better? Is she going to begin a home church where she can get the word and help to build up other believers and non-believers who also don't go to church?

These are very important questions to ask her, lauren.

Her church had 24,000 members, so no, she couldn't go to the pastor. She went to the head of her prayer ministry and was told that it was Satan causing her to question the man of God. They told her to pray if she felt that strongly about it. She did that, but it didn't get any better, and she finally left after trying to meet with a different minister and getting blown off.

She's been doing home Bible study with a group, and she has tried to find other church homes, but hasn't been led anywhere. In all honesty, she is a lot happier and she has more peace now.:yep:

Southernbella.

Lauren, He already has...from the foundation of the church.

That's what evangelism is about. Going out into the world and preaching the Gospel to every person. I do it all the time...there are so many people that come to salvation. I pray for people on the corners, in the subways, in the supermarkets, Walmart, Target, wherever the Lord leads.

It's awesome, Lauren and you should do it.

Now, when you do....who then is going to disciple the people? Where will they go? How will they know how to live a productive, Christian lifestyle?

Are you going to open up your doors for them or are you going to send them somewhere to be discipled or are you going to say, "ok, be blessed...have a nice day?"

I'm not trying to be a hard-nose here but this is a serious question that I would like for you to answer.

Thanks, lauren.

Oh, I know what my calling is, and I'm carrying it out.:yep:

Everything a believer needs to know about living a productive Christian lifestyle can be found in the Bible. But I know you know that.

If a person needs to be discipled, God will lead them to someone, be it a church or another believer, or me. It's not as complicated as we make it out to be.:nono:

Nice & Wavy

Her church had 24,000 members, so no, she couldn't go to the pastor. She went to the head of her prayer ministry and was told that it was Satan causing her to question the man of God. They told her to pray if she felt that strongly about it. She did that, but it didn't get any better, and she finally left after trying to meet with a different minister and getting blown off.

She's been doing home Bible study with a group, and she has tried to find other church homes, but hasn't been led anywhere. In all honesty, she is a lot happier and she has more peace now.:yep:

Most churches start in the home Bible studies so maybe this is what the Lord wants her to do....begin her own church. Maybe she needs to stop looking for a church home, and start looking at her own home, literally.

As much as I love my church, my pastor, my friends in the Lord...dh and I are going to start our own church in our home this year. Why? Because this is what the Lord is instructing us to do and we must be obedient to the Father.

Does it hurt us? Yes it does, because we are so in love with our church and the members there, but we know that the Lord is calling us to something different....a ministry that will work on a different scale then where we are and although we have been a blessing to the ministry there, its time to grow further and utilize our gifts for others in the area where we live.

Now, does our pastor care? Oh, yes and he rejoices over the fact that we are being obediant to God. He said he is losing two of the best people, but he understands about moving forward and pressing toward the mark of the high calling in Christ Jesus. That is how he started out himself...in his own house and now, he has a congregation that loves him and loves the church body.

Do they get on his nerves sometimes? Yes...shoot, I get on my own nerves sometimes....:lachen:(that's what he said to us....lol)

star

It could be false teaching or ignorance. Either way it is up to us who know better to pray for our leaders and let GOD lead us and not ourselves. No Pastor or person is pefect and everybody is growing. I know members of Churches who have more knowledge than the Pastor but God did not anoint them to be Pastor. It our job to be where God wants us to be. Perhaphs he would have you in a Church were the Pastor is hypocrite in some ways so we pray to God for him that God will break his will. We do not go to a Church for a person but we go where God wants us to be for that season we do not move until he says move. My close friend is on fire and I mean fire but her Church is dead including Pastor. God sent her there to help with the praise and worship and many around say, "why are you there with that power?" and she tells that God sent her there to do a work and she cannot leave until he moves her.

No church is perfect from the pulpit from the door. God had me stay at Church were the Pastor was young and carnal but told me to pray for him that his will would be broken. Once I finish my work he moved me out of there but I never said anything to people. I just talk to God about it.

Nice & Wavy

Oh, I know what my calling is, and I'm carrying it out.:yep:

Everything a believer needs to know about living a productive Christian lifestyle can be found in the Bible. But I know you know that.

If a person needs to be discipled, God will lead them to someone, be it a church or another believer, or me. It's not as complicated as we make it out to be.:nono:

A person does need to be discipled, lauren. Just like with little children, when we give birth to them, we don't just say to them..."ok, feed yourself now and don't forget to change your diapers). We must help them until they are able to help themselves.

We can't just leave people out there....that's one of the reasons as to why God created the church....so that WE can help others in the way!

We are the body...it's our hands and feet that does the work within the church. It's not complicated but necessary to see the work get done.:yep:

PaperClip

As much as I love my church, my pastor, my friends in the Lord...dh and I are going to start our own church in our home this year. Why? Because this is what the Lord is instructing us to do and we must be obedient to the Father.

Does it hurt us? Yes it does, because we are so in love with our church and the members there, but we know that the Lord is calling us to something different....a ministry that will work on a different scale then where we are and although we have been a blessing to the ministry there, its time to grow further and utilize our gifts for others in the area where we live.

Now, does our pastor care? Oh, yes and he rejoices over the fact that we are being obediant to God. He said he is losing two of the best people, but he understands about moving forward and pressing toward the mark of the high calling in Christ Jesus. That is how he started out himself...in his own house and now, he has a congregation that loves him and loves the church body.

And this is where SOOOO MANY people miss it. Moving out BEFORE the time/season. I know plenty of folk to whom the Lord has called to pastorship, but they are still serving in their local churches UNTIL the Lord releases them (99 percent of the time with the BLESSING of their pastoral leader) to go forth.

Congrats and prayers with you and your husband, N&W as you enter into pastorship. It's no joke, as I'm sure you already know, but whom the Lord calls, He equips.... Amen.

Nice & Wavy

And this is where SOOOO MANY people miss it. Moving out BEFORE the time/season. I know plenty of folk to whom the Lord has called to pastorship, but they are still serving in their local churches UNTIL the Lord releases them (99 percent of the time with the BLESSING of their pastoral leader) to go forth.

Congrats and prayers with you and your husband, N&W as you enter into pastorship. It's no joke, as I'm sure you already know, but whom the Lord calls, He equips.... Amen.

Thank you, sis. Although we haven't had our own church, we have been pastoring for the last number of years where we've been and we have a marriage ministry that we have been doing aside from the church where we attend. It's no joke....:nono:

However, through it all....God gives us the strength to endure and I look forward to the people He is going to bring to our home so that we can be a blessing to their lives and they to ours!

Nice & Wavy

I'm leaving the forum for tonite, but I will return to continue this convo (if you ladies desire to) tommorrow.

Have a blessed evening!