Can anyone point me in the direction of....

reachbree

....a frizzless leave-in conditioner?
The ones ive tried (such as Aphogee leave in) make my hair frizzy and curl up....its like water on my head! :wallbash:

So im basically just looking for a good leave conditioner that isnt like water:nono: and that wont cause a greasy/sticky buildup on my hair. Anything like BlacknSassy or the Olive Oil line is wayyy too greasy for my hair.
thanks in advance ;)

Also I am new here and have been lurking for quite some time, nice to meet you all!

vkb247

I have never heard of a leave in causing frizz. Most leave ins/moisturizers have water as the main ingredient because water is needed for true moisture.

I'm really not sure what to say...

mscocoface

Each head is different, I know some can just use Suave or VO5 and it does the trick. You may need to try a few and see what works.

By the way congrats and welcome aboard. Have a happy hair journey.

Desarae

What's your hair type, texture, density, thickness, state? I can only recommend products for fine 4B relaxed hair (my hair type).

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
If you are looking for something creamy & not watery I would Personally go with:

Salerm 21 B5
Alter Ego Nova Care Nourishing Leave-In Treatment
Redken Smooth Down Butter Treat
Redken All Soft Heavy Cream
Beauty Without Cruelty Leave In Treatment
Dr. Bronner's Lavendar & Coconut Leave In
Aubrey Organics Cagulua & Fern
Paranev Leave-In
H S 14 n 1
Phyto 9
Phyto 7

*I have tried all of these for my particular hair. They are nice & creamy. No Frizz and Greasy No Build Up.:look:

reachbree

My hair type is 4 A. I can use any leave-in when my hair is natural( Obviously because its already curly), but when its flat ironed its just curls my hair right up....I did a really nice flat iron on my bob a couple weeks ago...proceeded with the Aphogee leave in, and 10 minutes later it looked like I dipped my head in a pool. btw I only used a bit of it. I also tried a cream leave in and that curled my hair up too.

reachbree

Also, for those that have used Aphogee, is the leave in, even supposed to be liquidy?? I ask this because when I first opened it, I thought maybe I needed to take it back to the store....I was expecting something more thick and creamy. But then also people like Ateeya put it in a spray bottle and thought ok, i guess its supposed to be like this.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Also, for those that have used Aphogee, is the leave in, even supposed to be liquidy?? I ask this because when I first opened it, I thought maybe I needed to take it back to the store....I was expecting something more thick and creamy. But then also people like Ateeya put it in a spray bottle and thought ok, i guess its supposed to be like this.

There is a Thread Called: What type of Leave-In Moisturizers do you prefer? You should look for that. You will find more ideas and opinions on Water-based, Creamy & Sprays. Take a look at that for additional ideas.:yep:

Aggie

Yes it is a liquid leave in. Maybe you could try the Salerm 21 with B5 leave in or Rusk Sensories Smoother leave in conditioner. They are so far my fave leave-ins.

msa

My hair type is 4 A. I can use any leave-in when my hair is natural( Obviously because its already curly), but when its flat ironed its just curls my hair right up....I did a really nice flat iron on my bob a couple weeks ago...proceeded with the Aphogee leave in, and 10 minutes later it looked like I dipped my head in a pool. btw I only used a bit of it. I also tried a cream leave in and that curled my hair up too.

A lot of naturals swear by using coconut oil as a leave-in when their hair is straightened because you don't have to use a lot and adds shine. Here are some threads that talk about it.
Naturals That Straighten

Naturals That Straighten...For the Love of Coconuts

Welcome!!!