Can Believers talk without non-believers interfering?

nathansgirl1908

Re: My Story

Thank you for sharing your story. Just as science has healed you of your mental disorder, Christianity has healed others of their mental disorder. You turned to the church and found nothing. The moment you turned to science (medication) you found healing. Now here's the story of someone I know: she turned to psychologists, psychiatrists, medication, group therapy, anger management, and more only to find nothing. However, the moment she turned to God, she was healed. If the Bible is her "psychological crutch", who's to say medication isn't your "psychological crutch"?

I say all this to state that yes, for some (not all) believers, Christianity is a "crutch" of some sort. An appropriate crutch. A support. Something sturdy to lean on. After all, we are taught to lean on God and "lean not on your own understanding" (Prov. 3:5). Trust in Him for healing. Turn to Him with one's broken heart. Seek Him in time of trouble. Ideally, believers seek/acknowledge the Lord in the good times and not just the bad. However, our faith is most tested when we can rely on nothing or noone but Him (i.e., the really bad times). No offense taken here. No shame here.

Great post!

I want to add that while some believe that God did not heal them, but instead it was science, GOD is the reason these doctors and scientists have the knowledge to create medication to help us with our illnesses.

nathansgirl1908

Opster,

I think we have to take into account WHY non-believers are posting on Christian sites. Is it to cause strife? Have an intelligent disagreement? etc. Christianity is one of the oldest beliefs around and people will poke fun at it. That's the way of life.

!

I believe it is the part in bold. After all, that is how the enemy operates. he works to create strife among believers so they will fall so to speak. he wants to create doubt in our minds.

I totally understand where the OP is coming from. I have experienced that quite a bit. However, when it happens, I typically walk away and leave the nonbeliever arguing with himself/herself or the group of people who stayed. I just don't bother. Nothing they say will change my mind and conversations along those lines get dull quickly. The argument for unbelief is always along the same lines. And I have learned that most of it stems from hurt and anger.

Lenee925

As someone who avoids posting the in the CF for various reasons, I can see how it may be a bit irritating to have non-believers posting and derailing some topics. On the other hand, as long as everyone is respectful I think that some of the arguments can help others to sharpen their theology and apologetics.