Can I Mix Porosity Control Conditioner With Any Of These Conditioners?

Which Conditioner Should I Add PC To? You can choose more than one.

• Humectress

Votes: 4 66.7%
  • ORS Replenshing for DC w/heat

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Motions Moisture Plus

Votes: 5 83.3%
  • Proclaim Cholesterol for DC w/heat

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters

Daisimae

Background:

I baggy every other day with watered down Humectress and moisturize daily with ORS Olive Oil lotion since.

I did a hard Aphogee treatment 10 days ago. Three days ago, I pre-pooed with Proclaim aloe hot oil and Suave Tropical Coconut conditioner and used Aphogee 2-min reconstructor mixed with Proclaim Shea Butter and Aloe conditioner, followed by a DC, with heat, using Proclaim Cholesterol. While rinsing out the cholesterol I noticed some small bits of my ends in the sink.

I'm relaxed with a no-lye relaxer. I think I have too much protein in my hair. This week will be all about moisture for me. The only protein I will be using is in the ORS RP and my Aphogee Pro-Vitamin leave in. I think PC may help. I have a trial size bottle to mix with my conditioning treatments this week. I plan to wash with Therapee (on Monday I will clarify too), condition, rinse out, then DC for 15 minuntes with heat.

Monday:
Condition with Humectress
DC with ORS RP

Thursday:
Pre-poo with Proclaim Shea Butter and Aloe conditioner and coconut oil.
Condition with Motions Moisture Pus conditioner
DC with Proclaim Cholesterol.

LadyZ

I love PC, it is a staple for me... I usually mix it with my favorite DC and an oil, But I heard it should be used alone for 5 min. or so... then do your DC... They say it makes your DC much better... Especially after a hard core Aphogee treatment... I don't know if it is true or not but, I will be trying it soon... Good luck

Lavendar

Oohh no! Don't mix your PC with anything, honey. I actually use the PC for 15 minutes after my DC, but it can be done either way, just as long as you use it alone.;)

ETA: You are way overconditioning your hair. Your prepoo should do all the deep conditioning you need. You can poo and condition with a rinse-type conditioner after that and that is sufficient. If your deep conditioner falls after your poo, it really should be moisturizing enough to be sufficient conditioning. You shouldn't have to use anymore conditioner after that. If you find that it's not moisturizing enough, try adding your favorite oil, some raw honey, and a little full-fat coconut milk if you really want to go all out. HTH!

Last edited:

Empress Yahudah

I dont mix my Porosity Control with anything and I leave it in for about 5 min ....Tho some ladys do mix thier PC with thier conditioners ..I guess it just depends on preference.

Daisimae

Thank you ladies!

Ok, I already washed my hair a couple of hours ago. The mixologist in me, mixed the Humectress and ORS Replenishing DC. :lol: I used the PC right after using a clarifier and a moisturizing poo. Left PC on my hair for five minutes or so. After that I DC'd 15 minutes with heat, rinsed and applied Sunsilk Hydra TLC 24/7 cream and sprayed in a bit of Aphogee Pro-Vitamin leave in.

I likey the results! My hair is soft and silky. First, I attempted to rollerset my hair. While I was strugging to get one roller in, for over an hour, my 4-weeks post, relaxed edges, did not dry out. When I gave up on the rollerset and blow dried the hair, I was able to do it on a lower setting. My hair is dry, but it does not feel dried out. I didn't have to use as much ORS Olive Oil Lotion as I did in the past either.

Should I use the PC conditioner again on Thursday? If I do, I think I'll try using it last and DC'ing first.