Can Natural 3's Rollerset........

Trace

without your hair poofing and frizzing up? I was just reading about heat damage and thought rollersetting would be good if it kept your hair straight for a while. And actually, it doesn't have to be 100% straight b/c my hair looks thicker and has more body when it's not, but I do want something that's managable. Any experiences?

BostonMaria

I rollerset with no problems. I just have to make sure my hair is wet, not semi-dry. I can get it to look exactly the same as when I used to relax my hair.

kblc06

Yes we sure can...I've even seen some natural 4bs who've come out with nice rollersets. I've have pics in my album

Mrs.TheBronx

I need to know as well. I have such a hard time rollersetting. its like my hair curls on the roller before it dries!!! :wallbash:

BostonMaria

I need to know as well. I have such a hard time rollersetting. its like my hair curls on the roller before it dries!!! :wallbash:

Sometimes that happens to me. My hair just soaks up the water. I buy a cheap spray bottle and fill it up with water. As I'm parting the hair I'm ready to rollerset I just spray that section, put on the roller, put a large bobby pin to hold.. just keep repeating that till I'm done.

Mrs.TheBronx

Sometimes that happens to me. My hair just soaks up the water. I buy a cheap spray bottle and fill it up with water. As I'm parting the hair I'm ready to rollerset I just spray that section, put on the roller, put a large bobby pin to hold.. just keep repeating that till I'm done.

I will have to try it again!! I get soooo discouraged when I am trying to rollerset. and then i just take out the rollers and put them in the back of my closet! lol :wallbash:

BostonMaria

Do you use setting lotions and have to straighten your roots?

I don't use a setting lotion. No particular reason why, just never have. Yes I do straighten my roots with a flatiron. I want to buy a Chi because that one is better than the one I have now.

Miss*Tress

I use Lottabody setting lotion and pull the hair quite taut on each roller. In general, my hair comes out as smooth as if it were relaxed and I don't have to do anything to the roots.

Str8~Curly

Great thread. I am excited about trying the techniques mentioned here but I have to purchase a dryer and rollers first. This seems to be a better alternative to flat ironing (as far as damage control), especially if it can get the hair as straight as if it were relaxed.

ETA: Do you air dry with rollers? A friend of mine did this in H.S. on her mbl, relaxed hair overnight and her hair was beautiful in the morning.

Last edited: