Does the LOC method work for you?

Dayjoy

Old School Member
I'm going to start doing this on DD. I'm trying everything on her that i want to do once I'm natural. :look: Will it work if the hair is in twists or braids?

Channy31

I love love love love it!

Liquid (water, water-based product) - Etiehr water or once a week I use Aphogee provitamin leave in
Oil (to seal in liquid) - coconut oil or keracare oil
Cream (to seal in oil) - I lack this so use a conditioner :)

mayoo

I always do it!
Liquid- Water :)
Oil- EVOO
Cream/Butter- Bee Mine Luscious Balancing Moisturiser/Shea Butter

Mande30

Variations: LOLO/LOL

Wash Day
after DC and t-shirt dry
L- Carefree Curl Moisturizer
O- EVCO
after 80-90% air dry
L- Scurl Moisturizer (relaxed length) Mix (NG)
O- EVCO

Daily
L- Water
O- EVCO
L- Water (added for roller sets)

New Growth Mix- Water, African Pride Conditioning Cream, JBCO, Scurl

southerncitygirl

i'm just starting with the loc method.

i used:
just did the loc method on my twists:

L- Sm coconut hibiscus hold and shine moisture mist
O- my homemade oil blend which currently contains evco,evoo, sapote, castor, and hemp
C- quinoa-coffee balancing

my hurr is not greasy and feels soft even though i still sealed my ends with additional castor when there's a bogo somewhere i may get 2 of these.

Dayjoy

Old School Member
I did this for DD tonight with:
L-Jane Carter Revitalizing Leave In Spray
O-Grapeseed oil
C- Qhemet AOHC
I can't wait to see the results. I hope this lasts three days.

So do butters (like Jane Carter Nourish and Shine) count as an oil?

southerncitygirl

Dayjoy

i would count jane carter nourish and shine as an oil, cause technically butters are more solidifed oils. some folks do loco or lol there are many variations to this loc method. put the butter on dd ends after the loc method or just layer it on top of the cream.

Dayjoy

Old School Member
I forgot, I also put Nubian Heritage EVOO and Moringa Butter on her ends as the last step.

virtuenow

I find the LCO method to be more effective. All the water based products on bottom, then the oil based on top. It just makes sense for my hair.

Jewell

The LCO method and LCOS (s=serum) method work best for my hair, but at times I also do LOCO and rarely LOCS. Just depends on the products and their consistency (as to how I decide to layer them). For DD I use LCOS since she's natural.

Last edited:

faithVA

I did this for DD tonight with:
L-Jane Carter Revitalizing Leave In Spray
O-Grapeseed oil
C- Qhemet AOHC
I can't wait to see the results. I hope this lasts three days.

So do butters (like Jane Carter Nourish and Shine) count as an oil?

I have used the Nourish and Shine as my O step and it works wonderfully. I use a heavy oil as my O step instead of a lighter oil. But I only use a light product for my C step. Two heavy products will make my hair feel greasy. I haven't played around with too many combinations yet.

Nightingale

On the Grow and Keeping it Simple
I prefer the LCO method.

L- Shea Moisture Thickening Mist
C- Essential Wholesale Olive Lotion
O- EW Rosehip Butter

Dayjoy

Old School Member
I have used the Nourish and Shine as my O step and it works wonderfully. I use a heavy oil as my O step instead of a lighter oil. But I only use a light product for my C step. Two heavy products will make my hair feel greasy. I haven't played around with too many combinations yet.

I thought the Grapeseed oil seemed kind of light for this. Her hair wasn't very moist this morning either. I'm going to choose a heavier oil and maybe a lighter cream and try again tonight.

Xaragua

I follow this method
L- diluted AVJ
C- a creamy leave-in
O-oil(mix of coconut oil and castor oil)
C-Shea butter to seal

deedoswell

Does anyone experience shedding doing the LOC method? I have tried and each time that I do it I have shed hairs just pull right out! I usually do it every night - should I not?

I use a leave in first; then my coconut oil; then a moisturizing cream last. What am I doing wrong?

CurliDiva

First time this morning and this was the perfect excuse to mix together several of half empty products together:

L - Mix of scurl and some braid sprays
O - Mix of wild growth, grape seed, hot six and castor oils
C - Mix of creamy leave-ins (cantu, Silicon mix bambu, Sebastian potion 9)

I applied each step and rub my hair concentrating on the ends to work in and then re-french braided. Currently bagging under wig cap :)

I applied each step and rub my hair concentracing on the ends to work in and then re-french briaded. Currently baggying under wig cap.

faithVA

I thought the Grapeseed oil seemed kind of light for this. Her hair wasn't very moist this morning either. I'm going to choose a heavier oil and maybe a lighter cream and try again tonight.

My hair is low porosity so I can only do 1 heavy product. You may want to try 1/2 of her hair with heavier oil and lighter cream and the other side heavier oil and heavier cream. I think normal porosity hair can handle both.

Some do the LOCO method. And I think one of those "O"s is light while the other is heavier. I can use a light oil after I style but it doesn't seal because it absorbs into the hair. Hope that helps.

kupenda

I baggy first for 15 minutes for the (L) step. Then I apply the "O" step without waiting. It doesn't matter if I do the "C" step immediately or later. I will spritz my hair again before the "C" step.

If I don't baggy for the "L" step like one person above said the water doesn't have time to absorb. Baggying takes care of that. I just smooth on the "O" and the "C".

Hmmm...I like this! I will try it out this way

faithVA

[USER=305268 said:
kupenda[/USER];17856363]Hmmm...I like this! I will try it out this way

Let me know how it goes. I read an article that said after rinsing, not to touch the hair because the hair hadn't completely absorbed. Now after I rinse, I just shake my hair, put on a plastic cap and then put a tshirt over the plastic cap to catch the water. It has improved my hair. My hair does not absorb water naturally as it is washed. Nor does it do it quickly so this has helped.

discodumpling

I do when I remember...it makes a small but noticeable difference in my hair. But i'm LHCF trained and it's been drilled into my head that oil is for sealing so I forget most times!

L= usually equals water for me
O= A 50/50 blend of castor and EVOO
C=My moisturizer of the moment or my trusty cocoshealoe mix

faithVA

Last night I did LOC and LCO with apricot oil and Oyin Hair Dew.

There is a difference between the ease of application but not performance so far.

I still prefer LOC because the OIL smooths my cuticle and is easier to apply on my wet hair.It is harder to get the cream to coat my hair. Putting the cream over the oil is easier.

Today both sides feel the same. But I will pay attention to how they feel in the next 24 to 48 hours as far as maintaining moisture.

CurliDiva

I just assumed I would find that "one" magical product that would provide everything that my hair needed. Boy, was I wrong! This method has made a huge improvement in my hair's moisture and dare I say it length retention! :)

Plus LOC is helping me to use up my products.....

grownwomanaz

Love and Harmony
Whoa, I had to back up off of doing this recently because my hair was over moisturized. Never thought I would see the day. It definitely worked for me just can't do it often. I used: Aloe Vera juice, oil mix, AO Rosa Mosqueta.

nubiennze

:yep::yep: This method has completely turned my hair around. I try to do it on wet hair after washing 2x/week with 3 parts water/1 part glycerin + oil mix + whatever heavy conditioner I have on hand (usually something from Shea Moisture). I've also gotten light, soft, swingy results rollersetting and flat ironing with water/Garnier Pure Clean gel + grapeseed oil + NH honey & black seed leave in.

grownwomanaz Have you tried any other AO conditioners--namely HSR and/or WC--as leave-ins? If so, how does Rose Mosqueta compare to them?

LivingDoll

LOC doesn't work for me, but LCO does.

L = Water, Jane Carter Revitalizing Leave in spray

C = Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie, or Kimmaytube Leave-in (still experimenting with different leave-ins for this, if I use the KT leave in, I don't add any additional oil)

O = Olive oil with teatree added, Avocado Oil, or Grapeseed Oil (depends on the style)

ETA: I plop first and then LCO on damp hair. :yep:

southerncitygirl

an update:
i do lco now....its even better than loc cause i use less product and is even less greasy though it wasn't that oily doing the loc method. i'm using the same products just a different sequence. i have not been sealing my ends with additional oil cause it hasn't been necessary. smooth,soft, shiny hair from root to tip and i only do this method every 2-3 days. its amazing that though my moisture-sealant method now has 3 steps but i use less product. i'm still leaving my hair twisted since its been brutal with the cold and wind in nyc. i will likely leave my hair twisted till the end of march or even april.

i'm just starting with the loc method.

i used:
just did the loc method on my twists:

L- Sm coconut hibiscus hold and shine moisture mist
O- my homemade oil blend which currently contains evco,evoo, sapote, castor, and hemp
C- quinoa-coffee balancing

my hurr is not greasy and feels soft even though i still sealed my ends with additional castor when there's a bogo somewhere i may get 2 of these.