Can We Try This Again?-- Christianity & The Law of Attraction

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
gn1g said:
Hello Shimmie,

missed you around here.

I've been thinking about this thread. Do you remember the story of moses and the magicians? Everything that moses could do the magicians could do also but in the end Moses had the victory over the magicians.

Gee whiz, do you know I thought about that? And this brings us back to the scripture in Isaiah 14:12

"In Lucifer's fallen state, he was still known as a light bringer, daystar, and a son of the morning. These are ALL Counterfeits to the REAL thing....."

Although satan is a master deceiver, Jesus is still Lord of All....

live2bgr8

My response is in red... It's a very slippery slope and that's why the Bible is the final authority for me. I ask God to help me interpret and reason each day-- many times a day.

Omoge said:
Florence Scovel Shinn
Florence Shinn here was a skilled artist who lived in New York City during the early twentieth century. She also became known as a skilled METAPHYSICAL teacher and SPIRITUAL LUMINARY. Her lectures were well-attended and her books, including the classic The GAME of LIFE and HOW TO PLAY IT, have been very popular since the 1920s. Florence Scovel Shinn is widely appreciated as one of the greatest American spiritual teachers of the twentieth century.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

I also started reading about THE GAME OF LIFE and found it to be inspirational on several levels, but somethings made me slightly uncomfortable and I was ready to overlook them. But then I read more about the author and dropped the book immediately.
Anytime I see anything that says Metaphysical and has stuff to do with Spriit guides makes me feel unsettled.
I used to read up on the occult when I was very lackadaisical about God, just out of curiousity. And almost everything about westernized occult was Metaphysics this and Metaphyisics that.
So it was very puzzling to me that someone could be a Christian and a Metaphysical teacher.

I guess that's what LOA, The secret, Game of Life and some other self help/positive thinking books writen by "Spiritual Guides" and "Metaphysical Teachers/dabblers" boils down to: Positive messages, from questionable messengers (questionable from a Christian perspective).

I have a bunch of questions about this myself.

So what is more important to you as a Christian, the message or the messenger?
It depends. God has used non-Christian people in the past to correct and teach me. For example, one time I remember having a less than Christlike moment, and He put these words in my brother's mouth: "Aren't you a Christian? Shouldn't you be a little more patient and a little less angry with XYZ."

If I was just looking at the fact that my brother is not a Christian, I may have missed that God was trying to reach me even through him.

Do you think Christians should be thankful for the spark that LOAism has lit? Even if you don't think its of God (Thats up to debate), should you be thankful for that fact that use of the principles have somehow strengthened your faith in God? Is that even possible?

I'm thankful. My experience has been that through, civil discussions, it has open the door for the Gospel of Jesus to be shared with non-belivers and for other universal laws described in the Bible to be shared.

Why is it that all of a sudden, everyone is paying attention to "the power of positive thinking"? It has been around for a while and in fact it is almost commonsensical , but why the sudden "wave of interest"?

The time of the Lord is drawing near, people are crying for help. Because many people do not know that they can have a close relationship with the one true living God, they look in other directions. This is why the Christian walk says a lot more than the Christian talk, now. It is imperative that we honor God first and then truly honor his creation if we want to rejoice with him in his coming kingdom.

Has anyone heard of the 100th Monkey theory and do you believe it? Do you think it has anything to do with the sudden wave of LOAism/ Secretism?
Just Googled it, so I don't know much about it at all. I can't speak to it...

I really don't like seeing 100 threads about the same thing, so I am posting this in this thread as I feel it all ties together, I hope you don't mind Secretdiamond.

live2bgr8

Nice & Wavy said:
This is what the problem here on this board is with us as believers. We are so quick to say..."It's an opinion" and then regard it as "ok" and never recognize that our thoughts are not original thoughts. We are either being led by God or by the enemy. I'm not saying this about her, per se, but what I am saying is this....The bible says..."casting down imaginations and every high thing that will exalt itself against the knowledge of God and bring every thought to the obediance of Jesus Christ." Opinions is included in the 'every thought' as well and we as believers must recognize that just because someone has one, doesn't mean that its ok to state it as a fact.

No please let me clarify... Opinions are just that, opinions. Everyone has them. Each individual has a choice to agree with it or not.

A coment (for example, like the one DI made) doesn't offend someone unless deep down, they may think there is some truth of it found in them--or if they think that it's a bad thing.

Sometimes it's okay to be "narrow minded", so I personally wouldn't take it as a insult. Or think that we would need to shut down the thread. We're all adults. She did not single any person out. She just encouraged secretdiamond and moved on.

I realize that every "good" idea that I have comes from God. I believe that God is the Trinity-- Father, Son and Holy Ghost.

However, I know that we do not war against flesh and blood... The only way that I discern spirits is when individuals deny the full power and glory of Jesus Christ. Or if I know something that is being said (even from a "believer's mouth) is in direct contradiction of God's word (the Bible).

Even so-- everyone has the right to state their opinion. And we each have the right to tune them out or to agree. God has given us free will. We can either choose to follow Him or not.

Last edited:

Nice & Wavy

kelouis75 said:
No please let me clarify... Opinions are just that everyone has them. Each individual has a choice to agree with it or not.

I realize that every "good" idea that I have comes from God. I believe that God is the Trinity-- Father, Son and Holy Ghost.

However, I know that we do not war against flesh and blood... The only way that I discern spirits is when individuals deny the full power and glory of Jesus Christ. Or if I know something that is being said (even from a "believer's mouth) is in direct contradiction of God's word (the Bible).

Even so-- everyone has the right to state their opinion. And we each have the right to tune them out or to agree.

Gotcha! :p

Omoge

Nice & Wavy said:

I can pray all I want, but if I don't have faith and if am not constantly taking steps everyday towards developing my faith, I don't think those prayers mean much in regards to changing myself. I can't be praying God give me faith and just stand around doing nothing to activate my faith. Thats what I meant.
I can't say God please help me to pass that exam, and then all day all I am thinking about is how badly I did on the exam.
Thats what I meant.

Nice & Wavy

Omoge said:
I can pray all I want, but if I don't have faith and if am not constantly taking steps everyday towards developing my faith, I don't think those prayers mean much in regards to changing myself. I can't be praying God give me faith and just stand around doing nothing to activate my faith. Thats what I meant.
I can't say God please help me to pass that exam, and then all day all I am thinking about is how badly I did on the exam.
Thats what I meant.

Oh, now that you have explained it this way, now I get it.

Thanks.

PaperClip

I'm surprising myself that I'm writing this... but I get it now.... I preface my remarks by saying that Jesus is Lord and the Word of God is the final say. I appreciate the place of passion that many of you all speak from...but I sense the need for wisdom, sensitivity and compassion in these posts. Please be mindful, delicate about how we respond to each other and even those who may be tuggling with this matter and are looking but not posting here.

Nice & Wavy

RelaxerRehab said:
I'm surprising myself that I'm writing this... but I get it now.... I preface my remarks by saying that Jesus is Lord and the Word of God is the final say. I appreciate the place of passion that many of you all speak from...but I sense the need for wisdom, sensitivity and compassion in these posts. Please be mindful, delicate about how we respond to each other and even those who may be tuggling with this matter and are looking but not posting here.

Are you speaking about my posts as well? I would really like to know. Thanks.

Shimmie

Staff member
alexstin said:
We all want to be able to control our circumstances. More so then ever before I believe the world feels helpless and is tired of the way they've been living. They want to change but don't know how and so they latch on to whatever seems to feel that void.

We are managers by nature. From the beginning God wanted us to have control. Unfortunately we lost the ability to control our lives and environment when Adam and Eve fell. God made a way for us to regain that control. It's not through attracting things in your life but submitting to Holy Spirit who in turn will lead you into all truth. This will then position you to receive every good and perfect gift that the Father has for you.

Remember, the very fact that you exist means that God had a specific work just for you. Once you understand your purpose and begin to walk in it, God releases everything that you need to fulfill it.

Of course God can bless just because He's a gracious Father but ultimately God wants to provide you with the things that He sees fit for the journey He has called you on.:)

This is beautiful Pastor A. Nice and Wavy, your post is beautiful as well. Both of you are ministering. The thing is, this is really not about the LOA as much as it is truly about in whom we truly believe. And protecting the direction of this forum. We cannot allow the enemy to come in and compromise the standard that belongs here...and the standard being the Lord Jesus Christ and His word and no other. There is no room for compromise.

Trust me, the LOA isn't all that. Meaning that satan has another scheme to deceive. But it's up to us to maintain who God is. I have no doubt that the two of you can and that you will. You're both just that kind of hand maiden of the Lord.

The two of you are in ministry. And you express the heart of a Shepard with each of your posts.

I'm the hard one. I know it. Pebbles has to 'pull' me up often to keep me in line. But there's something that cannot be overlooked. I'm hard for a reason and make no apologies for it. I will not waiver from the word of God. I won't.

This same hardness delivered my son from drugs; my mom from alcohol; my dad from dying from several diabetic seizures; my sister's son from being aborted because of a cyst that was dissolved through believing God's word and prayer; because I was too mean to allow the devil to kill my unborn nephew. Today, he's 21 and healthy and as handsome as can be.

I have more testimonies. I'm a fighter and do not apologize for it. When I see something that I know is of satan, I'm jumping on it...quick! If someone gets in the way and gets hurt, I'll just come back raise them up later. But I'm not coming off of the devil's mess and exposing him for what he is until I'm done.

My fight is not with people, for we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, and rulers of darkness.....

We have to keep this forum pure. the same as we would our homes and churches. Otherwise, there will be no point in having it here. There is no blend of any other with Jesus. It's all or nothing.

I appreciate you, Ladies.... GN 1, CoMike...Togetherness in Christ...and the rest of you...don't let this forum go to hell. Keep your stand and don't give is second thought for anyone. It's the devil who's offended, not anyone else.

Last edited:

Divine Inspiration

secretdiamond said:
Thanks for your posts in this thread DI they are of great value to me and are very encouraging.

@the bolded: You make a very good point here. I didn't realize how true this is until now. But I'm still going to be happy and willing to learn all that I can! :)

You're welcome. :)

Omoge

Shimmie said:
This is beautiful Pastor A. Nice and Wavy, your post is beautiful as well. Both of you are ministering. The thing is, this is really not about the LOA as much as it is truly about in whom we truly believe. And protecting the direction of this forum. We cannot allow the enemy to come in and compromise the standard that belongs here...and the standard being the Lord Jesus Christ and His word and no other. There is no room for compromise.

Trust me, the LOA isn't all that. Meaning that satan has another scheme to deceive. But it's up to us to maintain who God is. I have no doubt that the two of you can and that you will. You're both just that kind of hand maiden of the Lord.

The two of you are in ministry. And you express the heart of a Shepard with each of your posts.

I'm the hard one. I know it. Pebbles has to 'pull' me up often to keep me in line. But there's something that cannot be overlooked. I'm hard for a reason and make no apologies for it. I will not waiver from the word of God. I won't.

This same hardness delivered my son from drugs; my mom from alcohol; my dad from dying from several diabetic seizures; my sister's son from being aborted because of a cyst that was dissolved through believing God's word and prayer; because I was too mean to allow the devil to kill my unborn nephew. Today, he's 21 and healthy and as handsome as can be.

I have more testimonies. I'm a fighter and do not apologize for it. When I see something that I know is of satan, I'm jumping on it...quick! If someone gets in the way and gets hurt, I'll just come back raise them up later. But I'm not coming off of the devil's mess and exposing him for what he is until I'm done.

My fight is not with people, for we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, and rulers of darkness.....

We have to keep this forum pure. the same as we would our homes and churches. Otherwise, there will be no point in having it here. There is no blend of any other with Jesus. It's all or nothing.

I appreciate you, Ladies.... GN 1, CoMike...Togetherness in Christ...and the rest of you...don't let this forum go to hell. Keep your stand and don't give is second thought for anyone. It's the devil who's offended, not anyone else.

I don't think your stance is too harsh, I think its neccessary especially for someone coming from a place where things have gone soft. Or coming from a place where I have ben trying to balance openmindedness and strictly adhering to God.
I know I like to consider myself openminded, but lately I'm realising that I have to drop some open minded views in my quest to stop straddling the middle and moving towards God. So this hard stance is appreciated.

Divine Inspiration

Keen said:
I agree this was a great thread. Whether we agree or disagree we still need to discuss these issues.

Thank you!!! Just because we don't agree doesn't meant that anybody is being malicious...it simply means that some of us are willing to agree to disagree with being condescending. Why is that a problem? :confused:

Shimmie

Staff member
gn1g said:
Preach shimmie. Say on, say on!

I needed to hear that. We must worship Him in spirit and truth.

LOA is very tempting in that it looks like a short cut.

I've been 'there' precious heart. I've been there. I know the dangers that lie within. Thank God for Jesus and for saving me from the danger of myself... not hell, but from me and my foolishness.

Hugs to you....Gn1g.

live2bgr8

Omoge said:
I don't think your stance is too harsh, I think its neccessary especially for someone coming from a place where things have gone soft. Or coming from a place where I have ben trying to balance openmindedness and strictly adhering to God.
I know I like to consider myself openminded, but lately I'm realising that I have to drop some open minded views in my quest to stop straddling the middle and moving towards God. So this hard stance is appreciated.

See, that's the thing... we're all coming from different places/POV/experiences.

I personally, was bound by legalism and judgementalism. But my relationship with God was dry.

Now, however, I can appreciate both sides of this discussion for what they are: a checks and balance system among believers, which will hopefully draw us closer to God and better our walks.

Last edited:

pebbles

Divine Inspiration said:
Thank you!!! Just because we don't agree doesn't meant that anybody is being malicious...it simply means that some of us are willing to agree to disagree with being condescending. Why is that a problem? :confused:

There's nothing wrong with disagreeing. But since the conversation is taking place here between us, be aware of the fact that when you talk about people being close minded or staunch, it can easily be taken to mean that you're talking about the members on this thread. You might want to stress that you're not talking about people here.

PaperClip

Nice & Wavy said:
Are you speaking about my posts as well? I would really like to know. Thanks.

The overall thread tone...not anybody's posts in particular because if that had been the case, I would have responded directly to the applicable post in order to utilize that post as a real-time example of my point.

And I'm not saying that the thread overall is harshly toned at all. Sometimes the truth has to come forth as it is... straight, no chaser... I'm saying that it feels like it's on a delicate place so that one thing could turn it in an unproductive direction....

Maybe I'm a bit sensitive because as I have stated before, I am relatively speaking, hanging in a spiritual balance here and I did explore some aspects of this topic (meaning The Secret/LOA) but the Holy Spirit prevented me from getting too deep into it.... He knows me so well.... I have a strong inquisitive spirit/personality.... I still have questions.... I am looking for answers.... and I've been "in the Lord", as they say, for a little bit now (even though sometimes my posts don't always reflect that:look: ).

I'm on my way back to my place in the Lord! Back to restoration, rejuvination, and intimacy with the Lord.... He's all I need to attract and draw from....:)

Last edited:

Shimmie

Staff member
Nice & Wavy said:
Thank you, Shimmie. Thank you having a heart after God. Thank you for your boldness and not being ashamed of the Gospel of Jesus Christ, for it is power to those who believe. Thank you for giving it all you got here on the forum. You are blessed and highly favored of the Lord, Shimmie. God has instructed you and you are being obediant to His Word. You are blessed coming in and blessed going out and whatsoever you put your hands too, you will prosper in. I pray this over your life in the Name of Jesus!

Thank you, Nice and Wavy. I receive your prayer. I pray the same for you 1000-fold (Yes 1000).

Love and blessings to you.

pebbles

Omoge said:

Good for you! God bless you for taking this position. It's sometimes hard not to fit into the views most people want us to take, but let the world be angry and God be pleased. Only He can bless you. :)

Nice & Wavy

Thank you, Shimmie. I appreciate you and your response.

When I think about the time of my ordination, I remember being so filled with the love of God. I remember feeling so humble and just not worthy of the calling He had given to me. Even now, I still humble myself because its not about me...but the One who is able to save my soul and raise me up to be with Him for eternity. I will lay my body down one day, and when I do, I want to be able to meet the Lord and hear him say...."Well, done thou good and faithful servant, you have been faithful over many things...enter in the joy of the Lord."

For the last 18 years of knowing who He is, I too have seen many lives changed, including my own. When I first came to Christ, I was a broken women with no hope. I had alot of 'material things', but no hope. I was living with my son's father, and life was the pits. I decided to take my own life and to take my son's life as well. The day that I made the decision to do this to myself and my son, there was some people who were out on the street evangelizing. Someone was giving their testimony of how he came to God and how at one time, he was going to commit suicide. Something in his voice stopped me in my tracks and I listened. I gave myself to Jesus Christ right there on the spot when he gave an altar call. My life has not been the same since.

I pray for many, many people. I have seen many people get saved and set free over the years and I'm still in awe of what God does on a daily basis.

Ministering is what I do...it's apart of who I am and I have chosen to surrender my life to do God's will. I'm not perfect, but I am striving to live a Godly and holy life before the Lord.

If for any reason, I am not doing what God has called me to do, I pray that the Lord will tell me (which He does) and that my heart will respond to Him with submissiveness. I don't ever want to be without Him by my side...ever.

I love sharing with the saints of God and getting responses in kind. If for any reason there can be no more sharing in a loving and caring way, I will come out of this forum and not look back. My goal is to always be what God wants me to be and never to be outside of His Will for my life.

When I first came to LHCF, what intrigued me the most was that there was a place where Christians gathered to share....I loved that, and it inspired me to want to learn more from others and to give more of myself.
Being in ministry can be a lonely place sometimes....you can't share with everyone because not everyone will understand where you are at. And that's ok...I've come to welcome those few whom God has put in my life and I thank God everyday for those people.

Shimmie, you are one of those people. You have something that not every person have and that is tenacity. This doesn't come easily to everyone and the Father has chosen you to have it. Don't ever feel guilty about it either (which I know you won't) because of Romans 8:1-2.

(I'm sending you a pm)

Blessings to you.

Shimmie said:

Nice & Wavy

Ok, thanks.

RelaxerRehab said:
The overall thread tone...
not anybody's posts in particular because if that had been the case, I would have responded directly to the applicable post in order to utilize that post as a real-time example of my point.
And I'm not saying that the thread overall is harshly toned at all. Sometimes the truth has to come forth as it is... straight, no chaser... I'm saying that it feels like it's on a delicate place so that one thing could turn it in an unproductive direction.... This is why I prayed in one of my posts that we come together with one heart and one mind. We must pray, saints of God for this forum and the people who come here.

Maybe I'm a bit sensitive because as I have stated before, I am relatively speaking, hanging in a spiritual balance here and I did explore some aspects of this topic (meaning The Secret/LOA) but the Holy Spirit prevented me from getting too deep into it.... He knows me so well.... I have a strong inquisitive spirit/personality.... I still have questions.... I am looking for answers.... and I've been "in the Lord", as they say, for a little bit now (even though sometimes my posts don't always reflect that:look: ).

I'm on my way back to my place in the Lord! Back to restoration, rejuvination, and intimacy with the Lord.... He's all I need to attract and draw from....:)

Nice & Wavy

Point understood. Thanks.

RelaxerRehab said:
The overall thread tone...not anybody's posts in particular because if that had been the case, I would have responded directly to the applicable post in order to utilize that post as a real-time example of my point.

And I'm not saying that the thread overall is harshly toned at all. Sometimes the truth has to come forth as it is... straight, no chaser... I'm saying that it feels like it's on a delicate place so that one thing could turn it in an unproductive direction....

Divine Inspiration

alexstin said:
This was so unnecessary, DI. Why not agree to disagree without the veiled insults? We are all created in the image of God and as such should be given the respect to disagree without the name calling.

Veiled insults?!?! Name calling?! Where? How? Correct me if I'm wrong, but SecretDiamond mentioned that her curiosities and interests in this involved people IN REAL LIFE. This issue does not begin and end with this board, therfore there are people OFF OF THIS BOARD who clearly have had an influence on her opinions up until this point. Furthermore, I'm an ADULT, and if I need to do any "name calling" I'll do so. I don't veil insults because I'm not a passive aggressive personality type. I said what I need to say, and I'm done with it. I dare you to find a post on this board out of my 3000+ where I'm being ugly to someone on this board. You won't find it because that's not who I am. I was making reference to ANYBODY who may be intolerant towards SD...if you think that's somebody here, that's not my problem. I'm amazed that people take generalizations so personally.

Shimmie said:
DI, if you are speaking of me, I can't and will not compromise the truth of God.

I must proclaim God for who He is at any cost. The devil cannot beat me. he's already a defeated foe. I rather see someone get their feelings hurt now than see them go to hell.

I say this all for a reason. As Christians, we have to stop apologizing for telling the truth. The world has no problem telling us what they want and pushing God out of our schools, out of our churches...yes our churches and out of who He really is. The TV/Media is flooded with their mess, but let God be glorified and then there's a big huff about it.

But this is not about you....I know your heart as a Christian. It's God love that moves you. But if I am one that you are referring to as stauch, I need to make it clear that my replies are moved also by the love of God, if not more. I spoke the truth on this matter. And I still find it interesting how God planned it as I had no intention on being here.

You see, it was my original thread on this topic that the OP was referring to in her first post. Therefore I couldn't be more pleased that this thread was started. For not just in my posts, but in others outside of this forum have proven that this is not for Christians to partake in. That doesn't make us stauch for telling the truth.

I'm done. All I have to say on this matter has been said, for now. I even have information to share with my friend.

I wish each of you blessings.

Please show me where I said YOU were staunch. Pretty please? I do not remember saying your name, and you therefore are not justified in assuming that that post was about you. Um, hello, if you don't fit the description, why even concern yourself with it? SD will be taking the things she learned on and off of this board with her, and she probably will run into CLOSE-MINDED, STAUNCH folks at some time...we all know they're out there. And frankly, they'll argue her down that their way is right and hers is wrong or misinformed...and that's fine. There are people who are clearly not of God who would argue the same thing so all I'm telling her is to BE ENCOURAGED...regardless of what people from either side say because like YOU said, the Holy Spirit needs to be our guide, not man.

Ok, so I'm trying to figure out where I said that you or anyone else here should be "comprimising" the word of God? I have YET to suggest that anything you or anyone else said was invalid...as a matter of fact, I AGREED with you. See the quote below.

Divine Inspiration said:
Shimmie, I completely agree with what you're saying...that's why I chose not to read LOA books and went with TPOPT instead because there was Biblical support for every assertion made, and the book was about enhancing the Christian walk...not simply getting a new house or more money. I just think there's merit in the principle of positive thinking & faith being important in our personal development as Christians.

And that paragraph pretty much sums up my other posts as well so HOW did you or anyone else draw the conclusion that I was speaking of you? If I'm agreeing with you, how then am I turning around and saying you're staunch? I think your delivery may have been misconstrued in this thread, but I don't see anything wrong with the message. I've been able to separate the two.

pebbles said:
Agreed. I'd hate to have to close the thread.

:confused: What have I said/done to warrant this thread being closed? Wow. Ok, well, I'll gracefully bow out of this discussion because I did *not* call anyone a name and for people to suggest that I did is...I don't even know. I'll let you guys have it.

Nice&Wavy said:
I agree too, pebbles. When christians have to succumb to name calling, then something certainly is wrong. I pray that those who feel like this is the answer, will humble themselves and see that we should be able to come together, whether we agree or not, and have a conversation about the TRUTH. It's all about Jesus...nothing more.

And I'm still trying to find the name-calling in my post...And I'm also trying to figure out how I'M not humble for referring to religiously introlerant people as closed-minded and staunch but other people in this thread can call the creators of LOA Satan and "evil"...do the same rules not apply? If we're supposed to be coming together, whether we agree or not, then why are some folks so vehement about their way being correct? That logic, if accurate, should be applied to EVERYTHING...not just when we feel someone disagrees with us.

kelouis75 said:
That's true... But she was not calling any particular person out... She was just stating her opinion. Even if the majority doesn't agree with her, doesn't she have that right?

Precisely. What people refuse to acknowledge is that Christians will NOT always agree, and that doesn't make anybody right or wrong. NOBODY HAS ALL THE ANSWERS...not one. We're HUMAN, and we as Christians are all doing the best we can with our finite knowledge and capabilities. I *know* that many of us think we have it all figured out, but seriously, nobody is more "right" than anybody else at the end of the day. It all boils down to our faith in whatever we choose to put it in...for me, that's God...for the next person, that may be Mother Earth. Am I condoning worshipping the Earth? No. Am I going to be intolerant & arrogant? No. God didn't call me to do that. My WALK will be my example...it's happened time and time again. I don't have to Bible thump and scream things from the roof top...people can observe my SPIRIT and say, "Hmmm...there's something different there." HOWEVER, if the next person choose to tell people they're going to hell in a handbasket, FINE...but they have no right to suggest that because I'm not doing things their way, I'm wrong.

kelouis75 said:
No please let me clarify... Opinions are just that, opinions. Everyone has them. Each individual has a choice to agree with it or not.

A coment (for example, like the one DI made) doesn't offend someone unless deep down, they may think there is some truth of it found in them--or if they think that it's a bad thing.

Sometimes it's okay to be "narrow minded", so I personally wouldn't take it as a insult. Or think that we would need to shut down the thread. We're all adults. She did not single any person out. She just encouraged secretdiamond and moved on.

Even so-- everyone has the right to state their opinion. And we each have the right to tune them out or to agree. God has given us free will. We can either choose to follow Him or not.

THANK YOU!!! Very well said.

Last edited:

Shimmie

Staff member
Omoge said:

Believe or not, I understand and admire you greatly. I have to be hard. It comes with the territory. When ever you have a chance, read the story about Nehemiah and how he refused to come off the wall that God has commanded him to rebuild. He was threatened, taunted, ridiculed, you name it. But he refused to come down off the wall.

Remember how Noah was taunted as well? Yet he continued to obey God and built the ark. As hard as it may seem, we cannot afford to compromise or allow our faith in God to be watered down. We can't. Otherwise we lose our power.

Look at this and you will love it. It keeps me.

"The same power that raised Jesus from the dead, lives in you."

Romans 8:11:

But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.

We have the Holy Spirit within us. The same Holy Spirit that dwells in Jesus and raised Him from the dead. How much more do we ever need? You have it precious lady. You have it. God loves you just that much and more to dwell in you and along with no other god.

The positive thought here is simply that. God loves you too much to leave you. He's right there and has been all along.

The devil is a liar. That's why he keeps trying to bring in deceptions and distractions to blind us from the true love that dwells within us. All that we will ever need is in us and always will be. We just have to receive it and believe it. That's all. Receive and Believe.

What a love...what a love....Jesus and no other.

God bless you, dear one. ;)

Nice & Wavy

Oh, boy.....I'm not even going to go through this.

Blessings to all...and to all a goodnight!

;)

Quote:

A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ, that a man should have to
seek Him first to find her.

-author unknown

Shimmie

Staff member
Nice & Wavy said:
Thank you, Shimmie. I appreciate you and your response.

When I think about the time of my ordination, I remember being so filled with the love of God. I remember feeling so humble and just not worthy of the calling He had given to me. Even now, I still humble myself because its not about me...but the One who is able to save my soul and raise me up to be with Him for eternity. I will lay my body down one day, and when I do, I want to be able to meet the Lord and hear him say...."Well, done thou good and faithful servant, you have been faithful over many things...enter in the joy of the Lord."

For the last 18 years of knowing who He is, I too have seen many lives changed, including my own. When I first came to Christ, I was a broken women with no hope. I had alot of 'material things', but no hope. I was living with my son's father, and life was the pits. I decided to take my own life and to take my son's life as well. The day that I made the decision to do this to myself and my son, there was some people who were out on the street evangelizing. Someone was giving their testimony of how he came to God and how at one time, he was going to commit suicide. Something in his voice stopped me in my tracks and I listened. I gave myself to Jesus Christ right there on the spot when he gave an altar call. My life has not been the same since.

I pray for many, many people. I have seen many people get saved and set free over the years and I'm still in awe of what God does on a daily basis.

Ministering is what I do...it's apart of who I am and I have chosen to surrender my life to do God's will. I'm not perfect, but I am striving to live a Godly and holy life before the Lord.

If for any reason, I am not doing what God has called me to do, I pray that the Lord will tell me (which He does) and that my heart will respond to Him with submissiveness. I don't ever want to be without Him by my side...ever.

I love sharing with the saints of God and getting responses in kind. If for any reason there can be no more sharing in a loving and caring way, I will come out of this forum and not look back. My goal is to always be what God wants me to be and never to be outside of His Will for my life.

When I first came to LHCF, what intrigued me the most was that there was a place where Christians gathered to share....I loved that, and it inspired me to want to learn more from others and to give more of myself.
Being in ministry can be a lonely place sometimes....you can't share with everyone because not everyone will understand where you are at. And that's ok...I've come to welcome those few whom God has put in my life and I thank God everyday for those people.

Shimmie, you are one of those people. You have something that not every person have and that is tenacity. This doesn't come easily to everyone and the Father has chosen you to have it. Don't ever feel guilty about it either (which I know you won't) because of Romans 8:1-2.

(I'm sending you a pm)

Blessings to you.

Praise God... Now I'm humbled. I'll look for your PM.

Divine Inspiration

pebbles said:
There's nothing wrong with disagreeing. But since the conversation is taking place here between us, be aware of the fact that when you talk about people being close minded or staunch, it can easily be taken to mean that you're talking about the members on this thread. You might want to stress that you're not talking about people here.

Ok, well, it's safe for me to ASSUME then that these ladies are calling us "devils" or "evil" since we believe in the power of positive thinking? It could easily be taken that they're referring to me, but no one said my name so I'm not going to ASSUME that this group of loving, Christian women would say something ill-willed towards me. I've never knowingly wronged anyone on this board, and I'm seriously taken aback by this.

SD, thank you for starting this thread. I've enjoyed the discussion.

To anyone I may have offended, please understand that it was not intentional, and if you read my post objectively, I think you'll see that. Either way, I appreciate everyone's input in this thread as it was all enlightening, and I believe the OP got what she was after.

Last edited:

Shimmie

Staff member
pebbles said:
I apologize for misunderstanding. I really do. I'm well known to controvesy and I thought I was the blame for the change in the thread.

Again I apologize to DI and everyone else.

Shimmie

Staff member
Divine Inspiration said:
Ok, well, it's safe for me to ASSUME then that these ladies are calling us "devils" or "evil" since we believe in the power of positive thinking? It could easily be taken that they're referring to me, but no one said my name so I'm not going to ASSUME that this group of loving, Christian women would say something ill-willed towards me. I've never knowingly wronged anyone on this board, and I'm seriously taken aback by this.

SD, thank you for starting this thread. I've enjoyed the discussion.

To anyone I may have offended, please understand that it was not intentional, and if you read my post objectively, I think you'll see that. Either way, I appreciate everyone's input in this thread as it was all enlightening, and I believe the OP got what she was after.

I apologize DI. I surely don't want to lose my Perrier friend. Actually, I can use a good size drink right now of my Holy Water.

Truly, I do apologize. I was gathering from other responses to my posts from the OP and another member and thought your response was about something that I said which indeed did upset them.

Let's face it. The trouble didn't start until I posted. It drew in a whole lot of replies. But then, that's how I do.... :lol:

Peace and Blessings....;) I mean it sincerely.