Can You Recommend A Moisturizing Dc That Has Great Slip With No Sulfates, Cones Or Protein?

DST1913

I have been on a mission to find a good DC. I have looked through the forum and see certain ones mentioned but they either have the ingredients I don't want or I see a list of DC's but no reviews on the detangling/slip/moisture

I have tried the following:

Jessi Curl Deep Conditioner - Has sulfates
Aussie Moist - Has Cones
Shea Moisture JBCO - Has Protein

All of these have worked great but I want something without those ingredients but still provides moisture, detangling and slip. Any suggestions?

InBloom

In my new-growth
Trader Joe's nourish ....
Giovanni Smooth as Silk Deep Moisturizing
Nurcreations coconut cream deep conditioner
Bobeam deep conditioner

I see good reviews about Annabelle's Perfect Blends brand

gorgeoushair

I believe Naturellegrow Mango and Coconut Water DC and their Marshmallow Root & Slippery Elm Bark. I have used both of them and the slip is amazing.

Silk Dreams Shea What Deux, Vanilla Silk and.maybe the Razzberry Coconut Affair.

TGIN Honey Hair Mask

These are all that comes to my mind right now. I am sure some of the other ladies will be able to help.

Also check out Annabelle's Perfect Blends in the vendor section. She's having a sale on DC/masques right now and I am sure she has some.

Last edited:

DST1913

Trader Joe's nourish ....
Giovanni Smooth as Silk Deep Moisturizing
Nurcreations coconut cream deep conditioner
Bobeam deep conditioner

I see good reviews about Annabelle's Perfect Blends brand

Thank you. I tried the Giovanni smooth as silk protein but not the deep moisturizing. Maybe I will give that a try

DST1913

I believe Naturellegrow Mango and Coconut Water DC and their Marshmallow Root & Slippery Elm Bark. I have used both of the and the slip is amazing.

Silk Dreams Shea What Deux and.maybe the Razzberry Coconut Affair.

TGIN Honey Hair Mask

These are all that comes to my mind right now. I am sure some of the other ladies will be able to help.

Also check out Annabelle's Perfect Blends in the vendor section. She's having a sale on DC/masques right now and I am sure she has some.
I have never heard of these are they smaller independent companies that are not in the stores?

DST1913

Note that Behentrimonium Methosulfate is not a typical sulfate, you actually want this in a conditioner because it conditions your hair it does not strip it.
Thanks! after I read your post I researched the ingredient and it does seem to be good. Jessi curl worked great for me so this is going to be my staple. Thanks so much for the information!

snoop

+1 for the Giovanni Smooth as Silk. Their 50:50 is also good, but slightly less moisturizing.

NaturallyATLPCH

I have been on a mission to find a good DC. I have looked through the forum and see certain ones mentioned but they either have the ingredients I don't want or I see a list of DC's but no reviews on the detangling/slip/moisture

I have tried the following:

Jessi Curl Deep Conditioner - Has sulfates
Aussie Moist - Has Cones
Shea Moisture JBCO - Has Protein

All of these have worked great but I want something without those ingredients but still provides moisture, detangling and slip. Any suggestions?
Annabelle's Perfect Blends DCs are amazing and meet all of your criteria. She's having a buy 1 get 1 half off sale on them right now.

Chromia

Obia Naturals Babassu Deep Conditioner. I used this for the first time a few days ago and I really like it.

Mielle has a new protein-free DC: Hydrating Conditioner with Mongongo Oil. I saw it at Sally's but I haven't tried it. So far there are 2 reviews of it (one good, one bad) at sallybeauty.com.