Can you use Curlformers and Then Wrap?

Renaylor

I am going to revisit the option of Curlformers especially since I saw a You Tube video explaining their proper application. Are any women using them and then wrapping their hair afterwards?

MummysGirl

I think you should be able to do that... it should be like doing a curly rollerset with pink/red rollers and wrapping.

Nonie

I plan to do this when I next use them on my hair, in lieu of pressing it straight. I guess I could try this on my braids. I already used them on braids and loved the spirals as you all could probably tell from the pics :giggle: I ended up just putting on a baggy for the night coz I wasn't planning to do anything special. Now I wish I'd wrapped instead. :rolleyes:

Question: I'm guessing the clever thing would be to use one color on one side of my head and the other color on the other side so that the wrap turns out uniform, right? I think if I were using a curling iron, I'd curl in one direction on one side and then another direction on the other side if I planned to wrap...so I'm guessing the same logic applies here. No?

LaidBak

I can't imagine why you would. The Curlformers create such a beautiful look. Why would you then brush that out to go straight?

Nonie

I can't imagine why you would. The Curlformers create such a beautiful look. Why would you then brush that out to go straight?

I see why. If I wanted to straighten my natural hair but didn't want to use heat, I think curl formers would one way to do it. After all, once I got bored of the spirals, wouldn't wrapping the hair to wear it straight be a great option?

LaidBak

I see why. If I wanted to straighten my natural hair but didn't want to use heat, I think curl formers would one way to do it. After all, once I got bored of the spirals, wouldn't wrapping the hair to wear it straight be a great option?

Well, yeah after a few days. The way the OP phrased it it seemed like she meant immediately afterward. Ultimately, "to each, her own". It just seemd like an odd way to go about straigtening.

Nonie

Well, yeah after a few days. The way the OP phrased it it seemed like she meant immediately afterward. Ultimately, "to each, her own". It just seemd like an odd way to go about straigtening.

LOL... why odd? I think it's uber safer than using heat and faster than African threading.

Ms_Twana

Question: I'm guessing the clever thing would be to use one color on one side of my head and the other color on the other side so that the wrap turns out uniform, right? I think if I were using a curling iron, I'd curl in one direction on one side and then another direction on the other side if I planned to wrap...so I'm guessing the same logic applies here. No?

That's exactly how I was thinking of doing it: one color on one side, the other color on the other side. Then I would cross wrap. :yep:

The same reason you would brush out the curls from a rolleret to go to straight. What's the difference?

LaidBak

Hey--Not criticizing, it was just a question. I just remember the effort I went through with those curlformers. There is no way I would turn right around and brush that out. And I don't rollerset and wrap either, it too seems odd. But like I said, to each her own.

Eluv

Relaxed hair, Yes

Natural hair, no (unless of course in was flat ironed before the curlformers). Well, let me just say it didn't work in my hair, but the curls were pretty.