CANTU SHEA BUTTER....4A/B'S WILL LOVE THIS!!!

tsturnbu

Ok, ladies, I have never raved about a product, because honestly, nothing has ever really blown me away (exept my trusted CON shampoo, of course). For the last 3 months, I have been bunning my hair, and co-washing every 3 days. After i co-wash, I towel dry, then i saturate my hair with Cantu Shea butter leave-on conditioner, and a tad of amla oil. Then, I bun it up until the next wash. Ladies, let me tell you, for the entire time that my hair is bunned, my hair ends are still damp, and when I go to co-wash, my hair LITERALLY feels like straight silk. It's unreal. I can honestly say that this method has helped me to retain inches BIG TIME. My hair is grossly uneven now though (no splits-just uneven...crown gros faster than sides), but I am not going to trim until March.

I am getting married in August, and have vowed to hide my hair until July. I want EVEN, BLUNT, waist length hair on my wedding day. Cantu Shea butter is going to help me reach my goal.

FOr ladies with COARSE (fine haired ladies may not like this because it really coats the hair) 4a/b or 4b hair , this is a must.

tallnomad

ooh. i haven't tried this, but i will check it out. thanks. i've just used their shea butter silk shine which i really like.

tsturnbu

Does this help with detangling?

Absolutely! Because the Cantu Shea butter makes it so pliable and "straight", the comb just slides through the hair. It literally feels like i have someone else's hair on my head. i have always had a problem with tangles, even in the shower with running water over it, but now, I feel i have "normal" well behaved hair. it feels wonderful to be able to get a comb through this hair.

CurliDiva

When I first tried this during the summer it just sat on top of my hair and stayed white!:ohwell:

But this winter, it soaks in prefectly and adds the extra coating that I need! :yep: so it is a keeper for my winter regimen.

I think I may have to try this... I see it at the store all the time and never buy it cuz I'm always buying more than I'm supposed to...:look: But since you say it's good I think I'll try it out....:grin:

aja1121

I have a love hate relationship with this stuff. I pull it out every now and then. It is great for buns!It didn't give me much slip and left a white residue in my hair, so I had to continuously brush it through...but i'm 4a natural.

Poobity

I have a love hate relationship with this stuff. I pull it out every now and then. It is great for buns!It didn't give me much slip and left a white residue in my hair, so I had to continuously brush it through...but i'm 4a natural.

The same thing happened to my hair. It leaves white, clumpy residue in my hair. I gave up on trying to use it, and figured it's for the relaxed folks.

Determined22

I can't find this anywhere! :wallbash:

I went to 3 different BSS this weekend, local places, and nobody had it. Any Central FL ladies know where I can find this product?

tsturnbu

The same thing happened to my hair. It leaves white, clumpy residue in my hair. I gave up on trying to use it, and figured it's for the relaxed folks.

hmmm, are u putting this on your hair when it is dry? i only put it on my hair when it is wet or damp....and i never get a white residue. I am relaxed btw.

choconillaprincess

I got the white residue too the first time i tried it about a year ago.... but I recently just tried it again & yes I would have to say I'm in love! I wash my hair every other day so this is great to combat the buildup... This is also a great method for shingling- the Miss Jessie way... The other night I raked it through my damp hair & did a funky 80s-style updo & it left my curls super silky to the touch and the didn't frizz all night! & I was partying @ my south albama campus with a bunch of gross sweaty black folks(u know black attracts heat!)... I recommend this product to naturals... I'm a 3c wit a bit of 3b on top

Poobity

hmmm, are u putting this on your hair when it is dry? i only put it on my hair when it is wet or damp....and i never get a white residue. I am relaxed btw.

I put it on wet hair. Oh.....my mom used it, and she's natural, and it didn't clump up in her hair. I dunno. I want to try the other Cantu products, though.

SeatownSista

I love this stuff!! :grin: I use it for wash and gos. I can't find it in my area so I order from drugstore.com. I also like the shampoo and conditioner.

Determined22

Aha...I don't shop at Wal-mart, which is why I can't find it.

I Googled their website, and I see they claim to sell it at K-mart and Target...I've never seen it in Target but then again I don't check the haircare aisle often, but I'mma check a few K-marts and Targets and see if I can find it.

CurliDiva

Aha...I don't shop at Wal-mart, which is why I can't find it.

I Googled their website, and I see they claim to sell it at K-mart and Target...I've never seen it in Target but then again I don't check the haircare aisle often, but I'mma check a few K-marts and Targets and see if I can find it.

Hi Determined22,

Every BSS I visit (and I'm wig shopping so I've been in lots lately :spinning:) have the CANTU products in their own special display. All the products together not separated with use like the shampoos together or conditioners together.

I used to overlook Surge when I tried to find it because it was always stored separately not by use/types.

Hope this helps!

Determined22

Hi Determined22,

Every BSS I visit (and I'm wig shopping so I've been in lots lately :spinning:) have the CANTU products in their own special display. All the products together not separated with use like the shampoos together or conditioners together.

I used to overlook Surge when I tried to find it because it was always stored separately not by use/types.

Hope this helps!

Thanks! I'll try to ask someone next time, I was just hunting on my own.

PinkPebbles

Absolutely! Because the Cantu Shea butter makes it so pliable and "straight", the comb just slides through the hair. It literally feels like i have someone else's hair on my head. i have always had a problem with tangles, even in the shower with running water over it, but now, I feel i have "normal" well behaved hair. it feels wonderful to be able to get a comb through this hair.

The same thing happened to me when I used Kids Organic Shea Butter....Hhmm,:scratchch I guess it's the shea butter that's making the hair pliable!

metalkitty

I should try this with my Breakcure since I'm out of the leave in and since the leave in doesn't agree with my on dry or damp hair. For those who don't like using the Leave In as name suggests, you have got to try it as a deep conditioner! I've gone through two tubs this way and it always gives my hair a great balance of moisture and strength. Sorry if this went a little OT, I'm just suffering withdrawals of this 'leave in treatment'.

crazydaze911

for me, it only does this when i try to mix it with other things. e.i. i put curly pudding on my ends and cantu shea butter on my front and edges. the spot where they met looked like white glue - ICK - learned my lesson with that one :lachen:. Otherwise, i really love it on my transitioning hair after a wash. i use it instead of gel to keep my hair tame.

kandegirl

This stuff is great. I bought it a few months back to help moisturize my kinky twists. I also put it on my SO hair when he has washed his hair before braids. And I just used it this morning before I bunned my hair. It's a keeper.