Cantu Shea Butter (Grow Strong strengthening treatment)

Crystalicequeen123

Hey ladies....I appologize beforehand for instigating any PJism that may result from this post...but I just COULDN'T hold back any longer! I HAVE to tell you guys about this product.

I was just shopping at my local Beauty supply store one day, and I was looking for a good moisturizer since they were out of Elasta QP mango butter, and I came across this product by Cantu called Cantu Shea Butter-Grow Strong Strengthening Treatment. I just saw the words Shea Butter and decided "what the heck...it has shea butter in it, it can't hurt right?"

So I tried it...

Let me tell you, I have never used a product that made my new growth and ends feel so silky SMOOTH!! I was so amazed at how easily my comb was gliding through my 10 weeks post new growth. I didn't want to put up a post about it until I had used it some more and so now I'm putting up a post about it since I've used it for almost a month now. This stuff smells nice, and just a little bit will leave your ends feeling moisturized and smoother. I can't explain it. It definitely made my dry hair feel better. lol I was pretty impressed since I wasn't expecting much from this product at all. :up:

I dont' have the whole ingredients list in front of me since I'm typing this at work, but when I looked on the jar, I noticed that the first ingredient was WATER! Something that a lot of moisturizers don't have as a first ingredient. Maybe that's why it feels so nice?? I don't know...

All I know is that I have been using this product sparingly on my hair and it has been doing pretty well. A little bit will go a long way. ;)

This must be a fairly new product since I've never heard of it before, and I haven't heard anyone on here mention it. Anyway...I'll post the website.

I haven't tried the shampoos, or conditioners or anything like that, so I can't judge what those do to hair. I've only tried the "Grow Strong Strengthening Treatment". This is what it looks like: http://www.cantusheasoft.com/growstrong.htm

*Here is the main website:http://www.cantusheasoft.com/index.htm

Just wanted to let some of you ladies know of a product that seemed to do nicely on my hair.

I was using the moisturizer from this line faithfully for awhile. It was good. i may look into this treatment. Sounds interesting.

I started to purchase this from Walmart this past weekend when I went back home....darn it!

I will def. pick it up the next time I go back home, in Dec. actually.

thanks for posting Crystalicequeen123!

tishee said:
I started to purchase this from Walmart this past weekend when I went back home....darn it!

I will def. pick it up the next time I go back home, in Dec. actually.

thanks for posting Crystalicequeen123!

No problem Tishee! :) So far it's been working fine for my hair. I have type 4a relaxed hair though. So I'm not sure how it works on naturals. But I wouldn't expect it to be too different.

I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one who has tried this product line SimplyCee. ;) I'm glad you've had some nice results. I haven't tried the oil sheen spray yet, but who knows...if I finish this product and like it after it's done, then I may buy more from the Cantu product line.

Like I said...so far it's been doing pretty well for my hair. :D This Cantu Shea butter stuff definitely helps when I'm stretching my relaxers, and when I need some "moisture" in my hair. I only use it about every 4 or 5 days though. Most of the time I just lightly put olive oil/carrot oil/shea butter oil on my scalp. I usually try not to clog or weigh my scalp down with too many products.

Darn I saw this in Walmart last night and was going to pick this up but put it down try something else.

Crystalicequeen123 said:
I'm not sure. But when I get home and check the ingredients, I'll list them on this thread for you. :)

Thanks!!!

I think I'll just take a stroll by Walgreen's and Walmart for ummmm......something!!!!:)

someone on here told me about the shampoo, and how it smells like Pina Colada or something. I've actually been thinking of getting it when my Rusk shampoo runs out b/c i need a more moisturizing shampoo.

My sister bought the hair and scalp oil and i tried it on my hand and it absorbed pretty well. She lives out of town so i dont know how that's working for her right now.

I wanna try some of the Cantu-Shea line. I'm guessing this is a daily moisturizer?

I'm sorry guys but I have to make a correction... I have the Cantu Break Cure Strengthening Treatment . Not the "Grow Strong" treatment. I'm not sure what difference there is between the two products but I just wanted to clarify this.

Also...some of the ingredients are:

Water (aqua) --the first ingredient, polyquarternium-37, butyrospermium parkii (Shea Butter), propylene glycol, glycine soja (soybean) oil, fragrance (parfum), propylene gylcol. Also included is Hydrolyzed wheat protein, hydrolyzed collagen, panthenol, etc. Corn oil, lanolin, keratin, and some other stuff I can't even pronounce! LOL* :lol:

But I didn't see any mineral oil listed, unless there is another more "scientific" name for it.

Where can I order this from on line.... My Walmart or Walgreen does not carry these products?

LadyZ said:
Where can I order this from on line.... My Walmart or Walgreen does not carry these products?

Have you tried your local BSS as yet? This is where I found both the conditioner and grow strong strengthening treatment.

Not trying to sink anyone's boat but I tried this product awhile back as a moisturizer leave-in after my shampoo session and I did'nt like it at all. After about 20 minutes or so my hair was dry and stiff and had no elasticity whatsoever so I threw the whole jar out and switched back to my tried and true products. The only reason I tried it was because it had shea butter in it but it did nothing for my hair at all, its what works for you I guess.

Crystalicequeen123 said:
Hey ladies....I appologize beforehand for instigating any PJism that may result from this post...but I just COULDN'T hold back any longer! I HAVE to tell you guys about this product.

I was just shopping at my local Beauty supply store one day, and I was looking for a good moisturizer since they were out of Elasta QP mango butter, and I came across this product by Cantu called Cantu Shea Butter-Grow Strong Strengthening Treatment. I just saw the words Shea Butter and decided "what the heck...it has shea butter in it, it can't hurt right?"

So I tried it...

Let me tell you, I have never used a product that made my new growth and ends feel so silky SMOOTH!! I was so amazed at how easily my comb was gliding through my 10 weeks post new growth. I didn't want to put up a post about it until I had used it some more and so now I'm putting up a post about it since I've used it for almost a month now. This stuff smells nice, and just a little bit will leave your ends feeling moisturized and smoother. I can't explain it. It definitely made my dry hair feel better. lol I was pretty impressed since I wasn't expecting much from this product at all. :up:

I dont' have the whole ingredients list in front of me since I'm typing this at work, but when I looked on the jar, I noticed that the first ingredient was WATER! Something that a lot of moisturizers don't have as a first ingredient. Maybe that's why it feels so nice?? I don't know...

All I know is that I have been using this product sparingly on my hair and it has been doing pretty well. A little bit will go a long way. ;)

This must be a fairly new product since I've never heard of it before, and I haven't heard anyone on here mention it. Anyway...I'll post the website.

I haven't tried the shampoos, or conditioners or anything like that, so I can't judge what those do to hair. I've only tried the "Grow Strong Strengthening Treatment". This is what it looks like: http://www.cantusheasoft.com/growstrong.htm

*Here is the main website:http://www.cantusheasoft.com/index.htm

Just wanted to let some of you ladies know of a product that seemed to do nicely on my hair.

I have been wanting to try this product for a while now but I was waiting to finish what I already have in stock but after your post I just had to go out and get it today. I purchased the grow strong strengthening treatment and also the After Shampoo rinse out conditioner and I tried both of them today. Talk about moisture!!:love: I don't know why I waited so long to try this product line. But I don't want to get too excited I am going to use the conditioner for a second time to see whether or not I am halucinating but the grow strong strenghthening treatment is definately a keeper. It's much better than Elasta QP mango butter and Profectiv megagrowth ant-breakage strengthener:yep:. It's not too thick and it's not too watery, it's just right and it melts right into your hair strands. Ladies you would have to try it to understand.:) Before I forget, the smell is of the chain. :lick:

I saw this today when I went to CVS...I knew I had saw a mention on the board but I put it back since I was buying all of the ORS Replenishing Pak in stock.

CLASSYEBONYGIRL said:
I have been wanting to try this product for a while now but I was waiting to finish what I already have in stock but after your post I just had to go out and get it today. I purchased the grow strong strengthening treatment and also the After Shampoo rinse out conditioner and I tried both of them today. Talk about moisture!!:love: I don't know why I waited so long to try this product line. But I don't want to get too excited I am going to use the conditioner for a second time to see whether or not I am halucinating but the grow strong strenghthening treatment is definately a keeper. It's much better than Elasta QP mango butter and Profectiv megagrowth ant-breakage strengthener:yep:. It's not too thick and it's not too watery, it's just right and it melts right into your hair strands. Ladies you would have to try it to understand.:) Before I forget, the smell is of the chain. :lick:

Cool! :D

Yeah, I know what you mean abou the smell of the product, and how it makes your hair FEEL! That's what sold me on this product. I'm still sort of testing this product out, but so far...it hasn't done anything BAD to my hair. It definitely makes my hair feel more moisturized, and it helps detangle some of the new growth. Or, maybe I should say that it makes my new growth feel a lot softer and more manageable. When I first tried the Cantu Shea butter treatment, I was like: "OMG...why haven't I used this product earlier?"

So....I'll continue to see what results I get with this product, but I'm not expecting any miracles with it. If anything it helps me stretch my relaxer and is moisturizing without being too thick or watery. :)

angellazette said:
I saw this today when I went to CVS...I knew I had saw a mention on the board but I put it back since I was buying all of the ORS Replenishing Pak in stock.

I had to laugh at your post b/c when I FINALLY found the ORS paks at Family Dollar I brought EVERY single one of them!

I use this on my kids hair ..it is the shiztnick my DD hair is frissy and dry but when I put this on perfect small spiral curls every where and talk about soft. most def a keeper.

Prada Model

Just got back from Walmart... and I picked up 2 jars!:eek: I bought the after shampoo conditioner the last time I was in Walmart. When I went today, they had the shampoo too! Getting ready to go shampoo my hair right now! I'm so excited!!!

I really love their shampoo but a product that's as good or even better than my beloved Elastas' Mango butter is definately worth a try!

I haven't tried the Cantu line of Shampoos or conditioners yet, but if you ladies have positive results I don't mind giving it a try. :) Afterall, their moisturizer treatments are really nice. Maybe the shampoo is okay too.

Hi Ladies! I'm relatively new here (since August) but I've already become a PJ!

Based on a posting here I purchased the Cantu shampoo, conditioner and leave-in while on a trip to DC. It was wonderful! As several of you have noted, I had great shine and an easy comb out of my relaxed hair. So, like a good PJ, I purchased both the Grow Strong and the Break Cure treatment. When I returned home, I washed my hair with one of the many shampoos I now have (thanks to you ladies :) ) and followed with the Cantu leave in...I then noticed a "fishy" smell on the palms of my hands! I was devastated!! Fortunately, the smell was not in my hair and the products still smelled great on my hair.

The lesson I learned from this is not to mix Cantu products with much of anything else. This reaction could also be in part a result of the hard water we have here, too. For my last shampoo I used only products in this line and did not get that smell. I think it is a line worth trying and thank you all for pointing me to yet another product!

Tamsin2005 said:
Hi Ladies! I'm relatively new here (since August) but I've already become a PJ!

Based on a posting here I purchased the Cantu shampoo, conditioner and leave-in while on a trip to DC. It was wonderful! As several of you have noted, I had great shine and an easy comb out of my relaxed hair. So, like a good PJ, I purchased both the Grow Strong and the Break Cure treatment. When I returned home, I washed my hair with one of the many shampoos I now have (thanks to you ladies :) ) and followed with the Cantu leave in...I then noticed a "fishy" smell on the palms of my hands! I was devastated!! Fortunately, the smell was not in my hair and the products still smelled great on my hair.

The lesson I learned from this is not to mix Cantu products with much of anything else. This reaction could also be in part a result of the hard water we have here, too. For my last shampoo I used only products in this line and did not get that smell. I think it is a line worth trying and thank you all for pointing me to yet another product!

I have the breakcure and the same smell is there. I though it was just me. I mix it with the serum and the smell goes away.

:mad: :wallbash: :crying3: :angry2: :censored: :cry2: :swearing: :cry:

I can't find it anywhere in my area.... I see it at Walgreen's on line... I will have to order it from there....But I am on a "NO NEW PRODUCT CHALLENGE"... So it will be bought by Christmas when this challenge ends ..."dam....dam....dam":lachen:

Now I don't feel so alone with this! =) I actually didn't see the serum when I purchased the other products. I'll keep looking though! Thank you for the tip, MissVee!

ImPradaModel said:
I use this on my kids hair ..it is the shiztnick my DD hair is frissy and dry but when I put this on perfect small spiral curls every where and talk about soft. most def a keeper.

Prada Model

Same here!
I brought the Daily Oil Moisturizer and the Break Cure, I've been using the Oil Moisturizer on my little boys natural hair and I will probably never use anything else on his hair, seriously it softens, detangles, and loosens his curls, gives him shine and smells good.

This stuff is the truth. It really helps with my new growth and it smells nice. I tried it earlier this year.

A funny thing happened while I was in WalMart Saturday after reading this post. I was going to get a jar of Elasta QP Mango Butter and I also had a jar of Cantu Grow Strong in my hand. Some woman appeared out of nowhere and leterally snatched the Elasta out of my hand and strongly recommended that I try the Cantu. She assured me I would not be dissatisfied. I was skeptical and she kept going on and on. I told her I would try that and the leave in. I liked it cuz it is soooo creamy. But after using it...it left my hair a little too stiff. I decided to mix it with SCurl last nite. I like the leave in...anyway...my hair turned out really moist and shiny and wasn't nearly as stiff as it was prior to mixing it with the SCurl. I was very pleased with my concoction. To go one even better...yall know I cain't stand the smell of MTG it made me sick. I gave mine to my cousin...all but a small amount I had mixed with essential oils. My cousin has been using the MTG on the regular and does not complain about the smell...she has been getting tremendous growth. I got jealous and decided to try the MTG again. I had the nerve to put some in my hair. As soon as I put it in my hair, my nephew rang the doorbell. As soon as I let his funky butt in...he started complaining saying I smelled like rubber! I got pissed and went upstairs and debated whether or not I should wash this mess right out of my hair. I looked at the jar of Cantu leave in and decided to put some in my hair instead. Almost immediately the smell went away. I thought it was my imagination. I wrapped my head and went back downstairs and sat on the couch next to the little twerp and he didn't open his mouth about smelling anything. It seems to have cut down on the smell an awful lot. I'll let you guys know how I'm smelling tomorrow. If this cuts the smell I might buy another bottle of MTG. Got my fingers crossed!

Back