Cantu Shea Butter Revisited

kellistarr

I decided to give Cantu Shea Butter another chance. Off and on, I've tried it over the years and never really liked it. It did nothing for my hair and when I tried mixing it with other products to get some desired affect, well, you know what happened.

Recently, I recovered my jar and realized that I never did what the directions told me, which is to apply to wet or damp hair. Mostly, I'd just slap it on my dry, tangled hair and wait for it to work its magic. Or, I might give my hair a few water spritzs and rub a little Cantu in. Sometimes, this would aid in slicking back my hair but for the most part, Nothing. Except dull, dry hair and build up. This time I applied to wet hair, combed through and let dry. Magic happened. My hair was shiny, my curls defined. My hair looks as good as if I'd used my high end products. It was so simple. Glad I tried it again before giving it away.

ManeVixen

I'm glad it worked this go round. I hated it the first time I used it but that was before I knew that it didn't play well with other products. I revisited it last summer and fell in love!

OndoGirl

Thanks for this OP! I bought some last night and used it on dry hair - hated it! It left a film, turned my hair white. It smells so good though..I will use it after my cowash tomorrow and see how it works:grin:

hair_rehab

I revisited it last week to do a twistout and it left nothing but left but flakes in my hair. The longer my hair gets, some products just don't seem to work as well.

curlycrown85

I LOVE the smell of it. Used to wear it overnight to DC, but something in it dries my hair out and breaks my face out. And the results of it drying my hair out weren't instant, but I noticed that my hair wasn't as soft while cowashing. Since replacing Cantu with an all natural cream, my hair is back soft again and my face doesn't break out.

But I miss the SMELL!!!

Last edited:

kellistarr

Yep, Cantu Shea Butter is now in my hair arsenal. I also like the cream shampoo and the conditioner.

hair rehab white flakes could mean too much product and not enough water. My hair was soaking wet (dripping) when I applied it. I let it sit with a shower cap on for about 5minutes, then combed it through with a Quidad comb (the GUN) and a Denman brush. I hope you give it one more try.